Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

HELP! Lost feeling in right side of body after ingesting honey with ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginko biloba

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 06:33 AM

I've been ingesting shrooms for at least 20 years ..been growing for about 2 years,I got on a 6 month binge where I was eating 7 or 8 grams about 2 or 3 times a week and for the first time in my life I begin to have unpleasant trips, so I stop taking them for a few weeks I made TV causaltys honey tek, minus the biloba and ginger...and had awesome trips

Well today I made honey again but I added the gingko biloba and the ginger... I just got past the most horrifying experience of my life . .I only ate 2 spoons and within 10 mins I noticed my right arm and my right torso were both completely numb I couldnt hardly move my arm ( this is all before the mushrooms hit me)I tried to walk it off and tell my self it was mental when my right leg stopped working so I laid on the floor, borderline panicked, the numbness begin to climb up the right side of my neck and my face

Now I still hadn't felt the effects of the mushrooms yet....but I literally had no feeling on my entire right side ...my girlfriend wanted to call 911...but I'm on parole with 8 years left ...so fuck that,not an option.... by the Time the psilocybin hit me hard and the numbness sent me into a panic ....I really thought I was dieing wtf
I had a horrifying panic attack that had me to the point of screaming.

Well it passed after 5 hours ....5 long motherlovin hours been back in reality for 3 or 4 hrs now but I'm still feeling the occasional numbing and my right chest is tight

I'm 40 yrs old ...I've never freaked out or had a bad experience...this scared the living shit out of me

Does anyone know what's going on here? PLEASE HMU...I couldnt handle another trip like that

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME
THANK YOU
  • Coopdog and Randys67 like this

#2 surfer8210

surfer8210

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 07:05 AM

A possible TIA or a stroke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Opendoors and Randys67 like this

#3 RainbowCatepillar

RainbowCatepillar

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 07:54 AM

A possible TIA or a stroke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^
Get a check up asap. 

Your body may have been in the process of revealing something important just as you went into your trip.

What terrible timing! Sounds like a terrifying experience and I'm sorry you had it... Glad you came through it my friend!

I have a feeling this marks a fundamental change in your relationship to your body in a positive way. After such an experience, 

you can only treat it with more respect. But again, please get a check up. Sending love and light your way!

Edited by RainbowCatepillar, 08 September 2019 - 07:55 AM.

• coorsmikey, Coopdog, Opendoors and 2 others like this

#4 GORF

GORF

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:33 AM

Sounds like a "mini" stroke. My father in law suffered with them for a year or so before he had a major one.
The numbness on one side of the body is the important symptom here.
Get to a doctor. This is not a problem that just gets better, it will only get worse without treatment.

Sending thoughts of health and healing. Action is up to you.
  • onediadem and Opendoors like this

#5 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,894 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:52 AM

Yup, doctor ASAP

• Juthro and Opendoors like this

#6 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,813 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:53 AM

Do not screw around with this Opendoors. What you are describing is not related to the mushrooms. The timing is horrible. You are describing stroke symptoms, and the sooner you can get to an urgent care the better. Nobody is going to test you for mushrooms in that situation. You need to get an EKG done, and determine what has happened.

I guarantee you it is not nothing.....

Sending good vibes to you

• Coopdog, Juthro, Opendoors and 1 other like this

#7 Randys67

Randys67

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:58 AM

I've been ingesting shrooms for at least 20 years ..been growing for about 2 years,I got on a 6 month binge where I was eating 7 or 8 grams about 2 or 3 times a week and for the first time in my life I begin to have unpleasant trips, so I stop taking them for a few weeks I made TV causaltys honey tek, minus the biloba and ginger...and had awesome trips

Well today I made honey again but I added the gingko biloba and the ginger... I just got past the most horrifying experience of my life . .I only ate 2 spoons and within 10 mins I noticed my right arm and my right torso were both completely numb I couldnt hardly move my arm ( this is all before the mushrooms hit me)I tried to walk it off and tell my self it was mental when my right leg stopped working so I laid on the floor, borderline panicked, the numbness begin to climb up the right side of my neck and my face

Now I still hadn't felt the effects of the mushrooms yet....but I literally had no feeling on my entire right side ...my girlfriend wanted to call 911...but I'm on parole with 8 years left ...so fuck that,not an option.... by the Time the psilocybin hit me hard and the numbness sent me into a panic ....I really thought I was dieing wtf
I had a horrifying panic attack that had me to the point of screaming.

Well it passed after 5 hours ....5 long motherlovin hours been back in reality for 3 or 4 hrs now but I'm still feeling the occasional numbing and my right chest is tight

I'm 40 yrs old ...I've never freaked out or had a bad experience...this scared the living shit out of me

Does anyone know what's going on here? PLEASE HMU...I couldnt handle another trip like that

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME
THANK YOU

Ive been a RN for over 40 years.  About 2 years ago, I awoke in the am to go to the BR.  I noticed I was numb on the entire left side, but I could "woodenly" walk.  I did the "drift test" for a stroke...hold your arms out if this happens again straight in front of you...if an arm drops to your side with you intending to hold them out straight, you have had some kind of a blood problem in your brain.  Restricted blood flow from something, NOT the shrooms.  I doubt the shrooms had anything to do with your symptoms.  Not trying to scare you.  I did that "drift test" and my left arm dropped pretty quick.  I had had a small stroke that did not leave any residual damage.  I would recommend a trip to the ER if this happens again.  Probably not a big deal, but get it checked out.  Even now would be good.  If you had any damage an MRI will show it and perhaps they can do something to avoid this happening again.  Being a stroked out nursing home patient is not in anyones vision of the future.  :)))  I would drop the mushrooms all together as part of that story.   I am so sorry brother.  I do think you should get checked out though so it does not happen again.  Does your family have a history of strokes?  High BP?  Diabetes?  Love ya and you'll be alright!  I do think the shrooms were just an added thing that did not cause your numbness.

Edited by coorsmikey, 08 September 2019 - 10:15 AM.
Fixed quotation sequence

• Opendoors and RainbowCatepillar like this

#8 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,661 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:02 AM

Much agree with Skywatcher on this one, get it checked out... asap. 

• Opendoors likes this

#9 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:07 AM

Sounds like a "mini" stroke. My father in law suffered with them for a year or so before he had a major one.
The numbness on one side of the body is the important symptom here.
Get to a doctor. This is not a problem that just gets better, it will only get worse without treatment.

Sending thoughts of health and healing. Action is up to you.

Aren't strokes on the left side of ur body tho? I'm no doctor but thinking of possibilities as well
Either way doctor asap it's TRUE something bigger is at play here

Edited by makinbones69, 08 September 2019 - 09:07 AM.

• Opendoors and Randys67 like this

#10 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 417 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:59 AM

It can be either side, depends what side of the brain had the stroke. Go to a doctor asap to find out. Better safe/earlier the better. Hope everything is good now tho!
  • makinbones69, Opendoors and Randys67 like this

#11 GORF

GORF

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:59 AM

Depends which side of the brain is affected
And depends which area of the brain.
Not nearly as common, but a stroke in the right area of the brain can cause blindness or deafness as well.
  • Boebs, makinbones69, Opendoors and 1 other like this

#12 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,154 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2019 - 10:59 AM

My mother just had some TIA's.

When they checked her out, her arteries in her neck were 85% blocked!

She just had surgery last week to clear them out.

Do NOT delay seeing a doc.  If you had a TIA, a major stroke is not too far away.

All good vibes to you.  :meditate:

• TVCasualty and Opendoors like this

#13 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:47 PM

Thank you all so much for all of your replies, I'm going to see a dr. And see what's up... I dont believe the mushrooms had anything to do with it ,but I'm afraid to take them again until I figure out what's going on because I dont want to go into a panic again , that was the worse moment of my life ...
To all those who have panic attacks on a regular, man I feel you I never had a clue how horrifying it is
I should also add that there's no history of stroke or heart problems in my family on either side...in fact I've never even been to the doctor in 40 years other then to get stitched up or for a broken bone , I've always been in perfect health , i dont even know how to go to a doctor,but I've tortured myself , been an addict,alcoholic, and smoker...I quit all that for 5 years ,other then mushrooms, I started drinking again a year ago, started smoking cigs and weed again about 3 months ago and I went on a meth binge about 2 weeks ago... stupid ? Yup..
I've been getting pains in my right chest,collar bone ,shoulderblade and armpit ...I'm assuming it's from me smoking again, I dunno...
So I'm wondering if that has anything to do with my trip....is it possible it was all in my head? I'm normally a rational person, I'm usually the one that reasons with those who are tripping...so to think that it was in my head is almost inconceivable to me ...but I guess anything is possible.
Could it have been an allergic reaction to the honey , ginger,cinnamon, nutmeg ,or gingko biloba?
Anyway I'll keep you all updated, I can quit all that other shit but I cant imagine a life without mushrooms....
  • Skywatcher likes this

#14 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,413 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:07 PM

Thank you all so much for all of your replies, I'm going to see a dr. And see what's up... I dont believe the mushrooms had anything to do with it ,but I'm afraid to take them again until I figure out what's going on because I dont want to go into a panic again , that was the worse moment of my life ...
To all those who have panic attacks on a regular, man I feel you I never had a clue how horrifying it is
I should also add that there's no history of stroke or heart problems in my family on either side...in fact I've never even been to the doctor in 40 years other then to get stitched up or for a broken bone , I've always been in perfect health , i dont even know how to go to a doctor,but I've tortured myself , been an addict,alcoholic, and smoker...I quit all that for 5 years ,other then mushrooms, I started drinking again a year ago, started smoking cigs and weed again about 3 months ago and I went on a meth binge about 2 weeks ago... stupid ? Yup..
I've been getting pains in my right chest,collar bone ,shoulderblade and armpit ...I'm assuming it's from me smoking again, I dunno...
So I'm wondering if that has anything to do with my trip....is it possible it was all in my head? I'm normally a rational person, I'm usually the one that reasons with those who are tripping...so to think that it was in my head is almost inconceivable to me ...but I guess anything is possible.
Could it have been an allergic reaction to the honey , ginger,cinnamon, nutmeg ,or gingko biloba?
Anyway I'll keep you all updated, I can quit all that other shit but I cant imagine a life without mushrooms....

Do think that the Meth could have anything to do with it? Bro! Are you trying to get back to the 3 Hots and a cot? Just the fact that you are associating with that crowd to know where to get can get you violated? Just saying man but seriously think about that as being part of the problem. I can't believe that you would consider honey ginseng or even mushroom before considering meth. That is bad shit man! 

• TVCasualty, Opendoors and calvin72 like this

#15 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,324 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:12 PM

There is a small but non-zero chance that the ginkgo might have played a role, though I would say it is still highly unlikely given the amounts called for in the honey recipe. I'm having a hard time confirming it but I've read in the past that ginkgo is a mild MAO inhibitor. It's supposedly very mild, but maybe it exacerbated the effect of something else?

And I know how those kinds of moments go. Pretty heavy being suddenly confronted with mortality, which is where our minds go whenever this kind of stuff happens. In my case it was suddenly coughing up blood for no reason I could think of. Just was coughing a bunch and suddenly ...there it is. WTF?! Turned out it was nothing to worry about since I was informed that it was "new" blood (not the dark stuff that is cause for concern) and I coughed it up because I'd been getting over a rough sore throat/cold and had been coughing a LOT that day, and a few extra-hard coughs popped a few sacs deep in there somewhere, which I was told is pretty common.

But that is a feeling like none other. It was like how I suspect being crushed in a vise after being set on fire would feel, only worse. FWIW, the first time is always the hardest/freakiest.

I'd lay off the ginkgo. And the meth. And the cigs. And the alcohol (for now). And hydrate more than usual to help with flushing all that stuff out, especially if you usually don't take care to stay properly hydrated (almost nobody does; drink 'til you piss clear!).

Take care; we're sending good thoughts your way.

• sandman and Opendoors like this

#16 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:08 PM

Do think that the Meth could have anything to do with it? Bro! Are you trying to get back to the 3 Hots and a cot? Just the fact that you are associating with that crowd to know where to get can get you violated? Just saying man but seriously think about that as being part of the problem. I can't believe that you would consider honey ginseng or even mushroom before considering meth. That is bad shit man!

I agree 100% in 20 years I've never had a for real bad trip , a couple unpleasant but nothing that shook me like that, but I've never mixed large amounts of meth with them ...i feel dirty for even doing that shit , I'm not gonna lie and I haven't touched it since... thanks for the comment

Edited by Opendoors, 11 September 2019 - 03:18 PM.

• coorsmikey, Randys67 and Jinroh like this

#17 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 04:18 PM

There is a small but non-zero chance that the ginkgo might have played a role, though I would say it is still highly unlikely given the amounts called for in the honey recipe. I'm having a hard time confirming it but I've read in the past that ginkgo is a mild MAO inhibitor. It's supposedly very mild, but maybe it exacerbated the effect of something else?

And I know how those kinds of moments go. Pretty heavy being suddenly confronted with mortality, which is where our minds go whenever this kind of stuff happens. In my case it was suddenly coughing up blood for no reason I could think of. Just was coughing a bunch and suddenly ...there it is. WTF?! Turned out it was nothing to worry about since I was informed that it was "new" blood (not the dark stuff that is cause for concern) and I coughed it up because I'd been getting over a rough sore throat/cold and had been coughing a LOT that day, and a few extra-hard coughs popped a few sacs deep in there somewhere, which I was told is pretty common.

But that is a feeling like none other. It was like how I suspect being crushed in a vise after being set on fire would feel, only worse. FWIW, the first time is always the hardest/freakiest.

I'd lay off the ginkgo. And the meth. And the cigs. And the alcohol (for now). And hydrate more than usual to help with flushing all that stuff out, especially if you usually don't take care to stay properly hydrated (almost nobody does; drink 'til you piss clear!).

Thanks for your response, I think, other than the abuse i put my body through , my problem is from something unrelated
I've been having mild pain in my right shoulder, tricep, shoulder blade, upper chest , even my armpit...all on the right side, but nothing that really worried me ...
I'm wondering now if the mushrooms made those mild pains seem major in my head ...
It's just hard for me to believe I was just tripping because I really didn't get much of a head change off the little bit I that I did....I definitely need to see a doctor before I trip again because I'm afraid I'll go into a panic again, I've never in my life of trials , places I've been , struggled my whole life , been drug through the darkest corners , I've watched o.d.'s , stabbings to death, I've been jumped on by 8 ppl at once and stabbed repeatedly,I've spent a year straight in isolation...and so on , I'm not trying to sound like a badass, because I'm not, I've just led a lifestyle that's put me In those situations ,repeatedly...my point is : I have never experienced anything as horrifying as the panic attack I had ...a nightmare crushing me curled deep in the corner of my couch grabbing my head yelling repeatedly yelling " what do I do"??I felt all my senses on the screaming edge of implosion...I know now what real fear is and I'm thankful for the experience, but i sure the fuck dont ever want another....anyway I suck at typing man( the irony is I'm actually a poet and a creative writer I just do it all freehand)theres so much more I'd like to say
Though I cant remember if weve spoke or not , but I've learned more from you than a mere
Meek thank you could ever explain

Edited by Opendoors, 11 September 2019 - 06:53 PM.

• TVCasualty and Randys67 like this

#18 DetritusTheEgo

DetritusTheEgo

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 04:44 PM

I think the general consensus of having a qualified doctor run some checks is the appropriate way forward. Hoping for the best... I would talk to them about your anxiety about the subject as well. That's a weird thing that once you've had some panic attacks sometimes the circumstances leading up to those moments can now induce anxiety when they didn't before.

Did you consume a new mushroom strain that you have no prior experience with? I have had some pretty major body load with certain mushrooms but usually in the realm of muscle pains or stomach cramps.

If you have no prior sensitivity towards baked goods, desserts, honey, ginger, cinnamon, or nutmeg I would rule those out personally. Those are common ingredients that appear in tons of baked goods / desserts.

I often do TV's honey if I don't do chocolates or some other long term storage method. Honey has become a staple way for my immediate group of friends to consume the magic due to the fact it standardizes the dose. Once you've figured out where that batch gets you on 1 tsp you can reliably get there again and again which makes microdosing a possibility.

However I have since stopped putting gingko biloba in my mixture simply because of how many drugs have listed interactions with it. I don't want that on my conscious if someone that chooses to participate has a complication. I'm also not overly interested in having that in depth conversation with every participant beforehand about their medications they take which can get uncomfortable for both parties very quickly. Quick check on drugs.com for Ginkgo Biloba interactions states "266 moderate drug interactions". Amphetamine, aspirin, and alcohol are all listed on that list.

Edited by DetritusTheEgo, 11 September 2019 - 04:48 PM.

• makinbones69, Opendoors and RainbowCatepillar like this

#19 Randys67

Randys67

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:07 PM

Thanks for your response, I think, other than the abuse i put my body through , my problem is from something unrelated
I've been having mild pain in my right shoulder, tricep, shoulder blade, upper chest , even my armpit...all on the right side, but nothing that really worried me ...
I'm wondering now if the mushrooms made those mild pains seem major in my head ...
It's just hard for me to believe I was just tripping because I really didn't get much of a head change off the little bit I that I did....I definitely need to see a doctor before I trip again because I'm afraid I'll go into a panic again, I've never in my life of trials , places I've been , struggled my whole life , been drug through the darkest corners , I've watched o.d.'s , stabbings to death, I've been jumped on by 8 ppl at once and stabbed repeatedly,I've spent a year straight in isolation...and so on , I'm not trying to sound like a badass, because I'm not, I've just led a lifestyle that's put me In those situations ,repeatedly...my point is : I have never experienced anything as horrifying as the panic attack I had ...a nightmare crushing me curled deep in the corner of my couch grabbing my head yelling repeatedly yelling " what do I do"??I felt all my senses on the screaming edge of implosion...I know now what real fear is and I'm thankful for the experience, but i sure the fuck dont ever want another....anyway I suck at typing man( the irony is I'm actually a poet and a creative writer I just do it all freehand)theres so much more I'd like to say
Though I cant remember if weve spoke or not , but I've learned more from you than a mere
Meek thank you could ever explain

And, hey brother, if you can't get in to see one or don't have insurance right now, just go to an ER and tell them that story and that you are feeling badly again.  :)  Just leave out all the drug related stuff.  I am an old ER nurse.  If you mention the drugs, it is likely you might not get checked out as you should.

Edited by Randys67, 11 September 2019 - 07:08 PM.

• Opendoors likes this

#20 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:13 PM

I think the general consensus of having a qualified doctor run some checks is the appropriate way forward. Hoping for the best... I would talk to them about your anxiety about the subject as well. That's a weird thing that once you've had some panic attacks sometimes the circumstances leading up to those moments can now induce anxiety when they didn't before.

Did you consume a new mushroom strain that you have no prior experience with? I have had some pretty major body load with certain mushrooms but usually in the realm of muscle pains or stomach cramps.

If you have no prior sensitivity towards baked goods, desserts, honey, ginger, cinnamon, or nutmeg I would rule those out personally. Those are common ingredients that appear in tons of baked goods / desserts.

I often do TV's honey if I don't do chocolates or some other long term storage method. Honey has become a staple way for my immediate group of friends to consume the magic due to the fact it standardizes the dose. Once you've figured out where that batch gets you on 1 tsp you can reliably get there again and again which makes microdosing a possibility.

However I have since stopped putting gingko biloba in my mixture simply because of how many drugs have listed interactions with it. I don't want that on my conscious if someone that chooses to participate has a complication. I'm also not overly interested in having that in depth conversation with every participant beforehand about their medications they take which can get uncomfortable for both parties very quickly. Quick check on drugs.com for Ginkgo Biloba interactions states "266 moderate drug interactions". Amphetamine, aspirin, and alcohol are all listed on that list.

Good info bro, Iv made alot of TV causaltys honey and it completely changed the way I consume mushrooms, my problem is I abuse them,
This last little cauldron of honey i whipped together was the first time I used gingko, only 2 tsps and immediately felt that something was different,unpleasantness, fear,slurred speach, motor skills off, shooting pains and numbness ,wtf? After that it spiraled into a nightmare, thank God I didnt call an ambulance
No more gingko ( tho i dont believe it was the problem)until I see a doc...but I fr dont even know how to see a doc , because I've never had to...think I'm going to go back to mikey's everclear extraction, it almost too clean but no body load or panic

Also the strands I had were zstrain and Hawaiian mixture and maybe a few crumbs of b+ and gt left over from last batch...my problem now is I have a 30gs ( minus 2 spoons)sitting in honey that i dont know what to do with until i see a doc...its gonna be a rough job but I'm gonna have to eat it

Edited by Opendoors, 11 September 2019 - 07:30 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!