Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

HELP! Lost feeling in right side of body after ingesting honey with ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginko biloba

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:39 PM

I Just want to thank everyone who commented on this post it meant alot to me , I just recently moved to this site from another site and I'm completely blown away by the respect, the willingness to help, the patience and even the blunt honesty and comradeship...I feel brotherlyness here and I'd like to comment on all everybody who commented for me .....but my typing skills are in the mud and it take me way to long
  • Alder Logs, Thirdeyeplants and RainbowCatepillar like this

#22 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:48 PM

There is a small but non-zero chance that the ginkgo might have played a role, though I would say it is still highly unlikely given the amounts called for in the honey recipe. I'm having a hard time confirming it but I've read in the past that ginkgo is a mild MAO inhibitor. It's supposedly very mild, but maybe it exacerbated the effect of something else?

And I know how those kinds of moments go. Pretty heavy being suddenly confronted with mortality, which is where our minds go whenever this kind of stuff happens. In my case it was suddenly coughing up blood for no reason I could think of. Just was coughing a bunch and suddenly ...there it is. WTF?! Turned out it was nothing to worry about since I was informed that it was "new" blood (not the dark stuff that is cause for concern) and I coughed it up because I'd been getting over a rough sore throat/cold and had been coughing a LOT that day, and a few extra-hard coughs popped a few sacs deep in there somewhere, which I was told is pretty common.

But that is a feeling like none other. It was like how I suspect being crushed in a vise after being set on fire would feel, only worse. FWIW, the first time is always the hardest/freakiest.

I'd lay off the ginkgo. And the meth. And the cigs. And the alcohol (for now). And hydrate more than usual to help with flushing all that stuff out, especially if you usually don't take care to stay properly hydrated (almost nobody does; drink 'til you piss clear!).

Take care; we're sending good thoughts your way.

Thanks for your response, I think, other than the abuse i put my body through , my problem is from something unrelated
I've been having mild pain in my right shoulder, tricep, shoulder blade, upper chest , even my armpit...all on the right side, but nothing that really worried me ...
I'm wondering now if the mushrooms made those mild pains seem major in my head ...
It's just hard for me to believe I was just tripping because I really didn't get much of a head change off the little bit I that I did....I definitely need to see a doctor before I trip again because I'm afraid I'll go into a panic again, I've never in my life of trials , places I've been , struggled my whole life , been drug through the darkest corners , I've watched o.d.'s , stabbings to death, I've been jumped on by 8 ppl at once and stabbed repeatedly,I've spent a year straight in isolation...and so on , I'm not trying to sound like a badass, because I'm not, I've just led a lifestyle that's put me In those situations ,repeatedly...my point is : I have never experienced anything as horrifying as the panic attack I had ...a nightmare crushing me curled deep in the corner of my couch grabbing my head yelling repeatedly yelling " what do I do"??I felt all my senses on the screaming edge of implosion...I know now what real fear is and I'm thankful for the experience, but i sure the fuck dont ever want another....anyway I suck at typing man( the irony is I'm actually a poet and a creative writer I just do it all freehand)theres so much more I'd like to say
Though I cant remember if weve spoke or not , but I've learned more from you than a mere
Meek thank you could ever explain
And, hey brother, if you can't get in to see one or don't have insurance right now, just go to an ER and tell them that story and that you are feeling badly again. :) Just leave out all the drug related stuff. I am an old ER nurse. If you mention the drugs, it is likely you might not get checked out as you should.

Thank you the main reason I havent gone yet is for that reason, I'm afraid of piss tests getting back to my po... the thing is I was having mild stabbing pains in my neck shoulder blade,arm , and upper chest before I started doing the drugs ,,, I'm hoping it's just lung infection that my imagination took to a whole other realm

#23 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:16 PM

You know what's really insane is , I'm literally sitting here bored and thinking about eating a couple more spoons ...I mean I'm not going to , but it fascinates me that I have such a deep obsessive insatiable thirst to go deeper ,to find understanding, to discover reality for what it really is and break from the routine this world has shuffled us into, the 9 to 5 daily grind, the same things everyday same paths...repetition hypnotizes us like a swinging pocketwatch to the point that ppl become slaves to their routines without even realizing it and anything repetitive loses meaning just rehearsed walks we barely recall , I love you is just an empty rehearsed speech ...to break free and take a step outside that routine is considered madness ...to those of us who flat refuse to walk around like a mindless zombie herded down the paths hypnotised, they come and chain us up and remove us from society criminalize us, throw us in a brick room for years straight...the ultimate routine
Sorry for my ramble... but my point was it may sound insane that I'm thinking about eating a couple more spoons ,or maybe even more than last time,after the horrifying experience I went thru....but to me it seems insane to sit here in their reality, I'm almost willing to go thru it again , just for the slightest chance that maybe this time will be THE time, or at least another piece of evidence toward unlocking my mind mysteries

#24 Thacan

Thacan

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:21 PM

After reading this thread for a couple of days, I would like to suggest that you take a step back and attempt to cleanse your system; in addition to the other good suggestions offered.  I have found that certain chemicals (amphetamines, barbiturates, alcohol, tobacco, etc) lead to cravings that can spiral out of control and in-turn leads to poor physical and mental health (for me anyway).  I know it’s hard to break from that, like many others on this board, I’ve been there (far deeper) and I still work on that struggle today.

A funny realization that I had on a recent mushroom experience was that reality is the real ‘trip’ that is above all.  I mean, after seeing lots of visuals and having all of these great hallucinations and all, I said to myself ‘come on I want to learn something new’ and the next thing I knew was that I understood quite literally that the ‘present moment’ in my existence was the most amazing thing in my life.  It sounds so simple, but it was so profound.

I wish you peace and good health.  Take care of yourself and the people close to you.

• Skywatcher, Thirdeyeplants, makinbones69 and 2 others like this

#25 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 04:10 PM

Thank you bro...I was clean for a record 5 years, but I got comfortable and slid off the road...I'm back on track now after that attack ...it almost seems as if the mushrooms saw my spiral and slapped me out of it .... it sometimes almost seems they make a conscience effort to correct me when I'm going wrong ...and they have the power to do it ,sometimes I forget how far they can take me
  • coorsmikey and Thirdeyeplants like this

#26 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:59 PM

I have a very laissez-faire attitude towards drug use. However meth is about the only time I would recommend getting off drugs and going sober. 

• Opendoors likes this

#27 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 06:00 PM

After reading this thread for a couple of days, I would like to suggest that you take a step back and attempt to cleanse your system; in addition to the other good suggestions offered.  I have found that certain chemicals (amphetamines, barbiturates, alcohol, tobacco, etc) lead to cravings that can spiral out of control and in-turn leads to poor physical and mental health (for me anyway).  I know it’s hard to break from that, like many others on this board, I’ve been there (far deeper) and I still work on that struggle today.

A funny realization that I had on a recent mushroom experience was that reality is the real ‘trip’ that is above all.  I mean, after seeing lots of visuals and having all of these great hallucinations and all, I said to myself ‘come on I want to learn something new’ and the next thing I knew was that I understood quite literally that the ‘present moment’ in my existence was the most amazing thing in my life.  It sounds so simple, but it was so profound.

I wish you peace and good health.  Take care of yourself and the people close to you.

What would a trip be without and ending? a nightmare perhaps

• Opendoors likes this

#28 Thirdeyeplants

Thirdeyeplants

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:09 PM

I have to say, it is nice to have the whole year played out in front of you. When I started this thread I was quite concerned about anyone having to endure these symptoms, by the end it was quite a heartwarming tale of a community rallying for one of their own.

I am so happy you seem to be on the right and healthy path... Keep on keepin' on brother ...
  • Opendoors likes this

#29 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,330 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2019 - 12:30 PM

That would be "life."

And much of it is indeed a nightmare.

• ItBeBasidia and flashingrooster like this

#30 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 01:16 PM

I have to say, it is nice to have the whole year played out in front of you. When I started this thread I was quite concerned about anyone having to endure these symptoms, by the end it was quite a heartwarming tale of a community rallying for one of their own.

I am so happy you seem to be on the right and healthy path... Keep on keepin' on brother ...

Agreed and I feel like theres not many communities more supportive of a mushroom community

#31 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 03:17 PM

That would be "life."

And much of it is indeed a nightmare.

Today I tried one teaspoon/gram and spent 3 hours in fear that I would panic again, I couldn't enjoy myself even though nothing was wrong with me... I feel like I've been betrayed by a good friend (one,I admit, I've abused) I wonder will it be like this everytime now? It's like I've lost my spaceship and now I'm stranded here in "reality" and the only thing I know about reality is what I've been taught,and I've never been satisfied with what they've taught me , so I've always ventured out to find my own answers...that's the nightmare, to think the trip has ended...

#32 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 182 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 03:51 PM

Doctor, then your fears might go away

• bezevo, Thirdeyeplants and Opendoors like this

#33 Opendoors

Opendoors

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:59 PM

That's my thoughts ...I made an appointment today

#34 Thirdeyeplants

Thirdeyeplants

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:37 PM

I am usually the first person to venture down the path less taken and in my life (sometimes) against medical advice. I get caught up in the concept that if I'm the one in a million with these symptoms, its probably going to be the one in a million ( usually pretty out there) treatment that will help. BUT its helpful to come to terms with the concept that SOMETIMES thats just wishful thinking! It seems to me that you have an apprehension to doctors/western medicine/authority, but it seems that the only logical path, at the present moment, is to explore the more "traditional" healers and accept some guidance from a new teacher, much in the same nature as the lessons you ask of your fungal teachers...

I wish you nothing but peace, and loving compassion...
  • Opendoors likes this

#35 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 182 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 01:20 PM

That's my thoughts ...I made an appointment today

Personally I avoid tripping if something is bothering me. Even something as small as a headache has ruined a trip

• Opendoors likes this

#36 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,330 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:29 PM

I wouldn't eat mushrooms/trip if I had a headache or was otherwise experiencing pain, but I've tripped a bunch of times when I've been depressed or grappling with difficult life stuff and it's helped a lot. It's even been a lifesaver in that regard. Literally.

I've also tripped once when I felt a bad cold coming on (sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, body aches) and by the time I was sober again it was gone. I only went ahead with tripping that time because I'd gone to so much trouble to set it up and I was a little concerned about my symptoms getting worse but it worked out very well that time.

This isn't to say that people should trip when things aren't ideal, but it might not be necessary to avoid doing so, either.

• Opendoors likes this

#37 ItBeBasidia

ItBeBasidia

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 78 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:10 PM

Some theorize that massive doses can cause numbness or paralysis. I've never experienced this though.

I've known a few people who took way to much Psi. Cyanescens and went numb to the point of paralysis. It's dubbed "woodlover paralysis" because it's only been reported from wood loving psilocybes.

Some believe it's because of the potency while others think it's the different compounds in woodlovers.

I saw what you ate were all cube varieties. Did you have a massive amount?

Still, ruling out it wasn't a TIA will give you much comfort. I've had chest pains like you've described from too much caffeine and nicotine. It could be a stimulant thing. Plus from all the beatings your body took in the past, It could be throwing some aches. But, the doctors word is what will probably bring you peace.

Wishing you the best man.
  • Opendoors likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!