• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Toads tool

Toads tool

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:15 PM

Well I had a very pleasant surprise today when I went to clean up some old jars.
This is a clone of the Z strain that I have been working with all summer. I started from a print back in March.
I shot PF jars for the "crap shoot" and cloned off one of the biggest and fastest. I transferred pieces of inner flesh to Peroxidated agar, then on to grain and Popcorn for spawn. These have been producing great on everything I've thrown at them.
I found these forgotten jars. They seem to be fruiting invitro on Popcorn. Bonus!! Fluke yes, but still...
Pic 1 you can see a jar that is contaminated and was removed from production. Invitro pins formed next to the wet spot contam.
Pic 2 and 3 are of a different clean jar, I like how the shrooms curl around the jar.
Pic 4 is of what I found in my myc. syringe making jar. It seems to have recovered and started Pinning. White Popcorn jars waiting to be knocked up in the background.

Hopefully I can duplicate the results.

Attached Thumbnails

• z on pop 2.jpg
  • Zmyc jar.jpg
  • Z on pop.jpg
  • Z on pop crap.jpg

#2 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:56 PM

you like white pcorn better ?

#3 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 11:06 PM

Wow that's pretty neat.

#4 Toads tool

Toads tool

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 06:52 AM

you like white pcorn better ?

I don't know, this is the first batch that I have cooked up, it was all the local store had available. I ususally use the cheapest I can find which is usually the yellow.

I noticed that the white with smaller kernals has a tendency to split easier, at least with this bag.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!