Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

New member here. Best jar grow results. Check it out.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 sperdition

sperdition

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 11:32 AM

Hey Guys, 

This should be my 3rd post. Haven't gotten any replies, so I just wanted to post a few pics of what I have goin on.  I know there's no use tryin to show off among you guys, hence the pic of my best jar grow results :) . Here to learn and have learned so much here already, thanks everyone.

Attached Thumbnails

• DEE5995F-5709-44E7-9EB5-28CEED1B75E2.jpg
  • IMG_5777.jpg
  • IMG_5778.jpg

• sandman, TVCasualty, Misfit and 1 other like this

#2 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,330 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:29 PM

Damn, those bottles are impressive!

And they look like they're transparent bottles, but somehow no mushrooms formed down against the glass like in invitro-style grows? That's pretty interesting. I'd like to hear more about that.

Nice flush on that cake, too. Is that a 3th or 4th flush by any chance?

Welcome aboard; I get the impression you'll fit in very well 'round here...

#3 sperdition

sperdition

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:25 PM

Thanks Man!

That was 3rd flush actually (though it was my best).  I remember the jars felt a little light so I scooped a little more sub out of the top with a measuring spoon and poured distilled water in to level.

Then I mist micro perforated bread bags (which you can buy on amazon), but gusseted ones are ideal.

Some of it is my own, but I'm obviously standing on many shoulders.  I think micro perforated bread bags are really underused for growing in general and if I could offer one thing on here it's promoting those; however I'm here to tinker and learn!

#4 sperdition

sperdition

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:37 PM

Damn, those bottles are impressive!

And they look like they're transparent bottles, but somehow no mushrooms formed down against the glass like in invitro-style grows? That's pretty interesting. I'd like to hear more about that.

Nice flush on that cake, too. Is that a 3th or 4th flush by any chance?

Welcome aboard; I get the impression you'll fit in very well 'round here...

...and to address avoiding side-pin formation directly, I've come to believe more and more that once you get the basics, it comes down to synching up your fruiting triggers just right and I've found that those MicroPerf bread Bags work best to that end.

• Myc likes this

#5 sperdition

sperdition

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:40 PM

Here's a shot of one of those MicroPerf bread bags in action for those curious.

Attached Thumbnails

• DEC34793-2D4E-46D1-B601-83DED0802F5D.jpg

• TVCasualty and Myc like this

#6 Nicked

Nicked

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 08:36 AM

That first Pic of those two jars is stunning. Would love a tek on growing like that. Are those MS or clones?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

#7 sperdition

sperdition

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:37 AM

That first Pic of those two jars is stunning. Would love a tek on growing like that. Are those MS or clones?

Thanks bro, I'd be more than happy to put something together, but it really isn't too complex or my own as much as I'd love to take credit.  

I do use autoclavable polypro bottles instead of glass and those bread bags I was talking about.

I'm actually cloning from clusters on these guys.  I harvest in one pull and then try to clone from the best deep cluster sample on the first flush, which seems possible because you kinda have one giant stipe at the lid there.

That's koh samui btw

#8 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,791 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2019 - 11:14 AM

I'm going to second the request for a Tek write-up. Those are some archive-worthy results and the method varies from the usual way of getting things done. Well worth documenting. 

#9 sperdition

sperdition

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:18 PM

In-Vitro Jar Tent Tek

DEE5995F-5709-44E7-9EB5-28CEED1B75E2.jpg

Supplies:

• Colonized Jars
  • Micro perforated bread bags (preferably gusseted)
  • Square plastic nursery pots
  • Plastic cups (that you can cut holes in without cracking)

1. Begin with fully colonized jars. 

fullsizeoutput_11fd.jpeg

Notes:

• I won't tell you how to mix your sub, but I find it this tek works best with sub on the fluffy side and prefer fine verm for jars
  • I find larger jars work best for this tek, 1qt+
  • I prefer polypropylene jar in general and they may filer light differently and be a factor in preventing side-pinning.  I would recommend Bel-Art Wide-Mouth 1 L (1 qt) Polypropylene Mason Jars as they are autoclavable and heavy duty
  • Make sure jars are filled to the top as you'll be scooping out of them
  • Have an extra empty, clean/sterile jar ready for the colonized sub you're scooping out as you can save it and still get it to produce most of the time

2. Prepare a clean workspace.

3. Remove caps from jars.

4. Take a clean measuring spoon, wipe with alcohol, and scoop out the top 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch of colonized sub from the jar, placing it in the clean jar you had ready or discarding it.

fullsizeoutput_10c2.jpeg

Notes:

Try to keep the sub as level as possible when scooping

5. Water the jar with an amount of distilled water roughly equal to the amount of sub you scooped out.

Notes:

If there is any water still pooling on the top of the sub after a day or so pour it off.

6. Cut or poke a ~1/2 inch hole in the bottom of a plastic cup, mist the inside, and fit it snugly over the top of the jar.

7. Place jars in a clean location that get at least 6 hours of indirect sunlight per day and mist the inside of the plastic cups daily or whenever they're dry.

IMG_5502.jpeg

8. Within two days to two weeks you should begin to see primordia (tiny mushroom bumps). As soon as you see this, remove the cups, mist the inside of the bread bags thoroughly, put the jars in the nursery pots, and secure the bags over the pots. Mist 2 times daily or when dry.

IMG_5540 2.jpeg

Notes:

• I find more headroom is better for the tents to increase FAE, minimum 8 inches for a 1qt jar
  • If you wont be around to mist, you can leave moist paper towels in the pots for moisture

Enjoy!

DEC34793-2D4E-46D1-B601-83DED0802F5D.jpg

Please feel free to add and refine!

• sandman, Thirdeyeplants and Nicked like this

#10 Nicked

Nicked

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 04:20 PM

That is awesome! Thank you. I'll give it a bash when I can

• sperdition likes this

#11 Thirdeyeplants

Thirdeyeplants

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 04:58 PM

That is really cool. I guess I have my next TEK on the list...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!