• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Stroker

Stroker

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:30 PM

I have some Penis envy mono tubs going, no fruit yet just blobs. What cubes do you guys recommend to grow? Something easy to get prints off of probably, high potency, and ones that will fruit well unlike the strain I have now. Don't really want to order another syringe but I guess that's what I'm going to have to do....

#2 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 676 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:37 PM

Anything besides penis envy

“I’d rather have nothing than have a lie”

#3 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 676 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:38 PM

Are you in one of the 47 states where spores are legal for microscopy

#4 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:51 PM

If potency is a concern avoid B+. Many people claim it lacks a kick IME it's just a very body centered buzz. Often feels like a good roll to me
Other than that you can't really go wrong. PE is the only cube that's a tad harder to grow at least that I'm aware of and you already have that lol
Edit: A few personal favorites of mine are TOC(Texas orange cap), rustywhyte, and Alacabenzi. The Alacabenzi and TOC tend towards larger fruits the rustywhyte tends towards tons of densly packed medium/small fruits. Yeilds are usually pretty similar

Edited by KapnDank, 11 September 2019 - 02:54 PM.

#5 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 676 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:55 PM

I’d probably avoid golden teachers. I’ve heard they are more mellow than most. No experience. Just going off the word on the streets.

• coorsmikey likes this

#6 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:58 PM

I’d probably avoid golden teachers. I’ve heard they are more mellow than most. No experience. Just going off the word on the streets.

Thing about GT IME is the potency is all over the place. Last MS batch I ran had some really weak fruits and some of the strongest fruits I've had all in the same bag. Never knew what you were gonna get with that batch.
Edit:Might be good to add that I think those were LGT because half the fruits were leucistic. Didn't seem to be a correlation between the regular and leucistic fruits as far as potency of individual fruits though

Edited by KapnDank, 11 September 2019 - 04:13 PM.

#7 Stroker

Stroker

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:09 PM

Yes spores are legal here, I had them sent to a friends house before. Was that being overly paranoid? Lol. Thanks for the ideas. Definitely going to have to get something else. Two tubs have yet to do anything, the one tub is forming myc blobs all over. Been two weeks since fully colonized and I stuffed the holes with poly

#8 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:02 PM

Did you put a casing layer on the substrate? And yeah that was a bit paranoid. I understand though I felt the same when I first got into this then I realized it's really not a big deal.
  • Stroker likes this

#9 Thacan

Thacan

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:13 PM

To give another perspective, I had very good experiences with B+.  Easy to grow with PF Tek and plenty potent.

#10 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 676 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:29 PM

Surprised no one has chimes in with “a cube is a cube”

• Stroker and SporeyMF like this

#11 Mush2Learn

Mush2Learn

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:41 PM

Treasure coast has been a struggle for me, the spores I got seem to colonize slow and I haven't gotten a fruit yet. Equadorian has produced the biggest fruits without a doubt, b+ and gt both grew easy. Haven't had any potency issues. Those are the only strains I've attempted to fruit as of yet. B+ and Equadorian seemed to be the easiest to way to grow for me so far.
  • SporeyMF likes this

#12 SporeyMF

SporeyMF

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:52 PM

Treasure coast has been a struggle for me, the spores I got seem to colonize slow and I haven't gotten a fruit yet. Equadorian has produced the biggest fruits without a doubt, b+ and gt both grew easy. Haven't had any potency issues. Those are the only strains I've attempted to fruit as of yet. B+ and Equadorian seemed to be the easiest to way to grow for me so far.

The Treasure Coast spores I have produced nice medium sized dense fruits however, colonization is slow af.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 Stroker

Stroker

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:54 PM

Did you put a casing layer on the substrate? And yeah that was a bit paranoid. I understand though I felt the same when I first got into this then I realized it's really not a big deal.

I did not case these KapnDank. Would that help get less blobs?

Edited by Stroker, 11 September 2019 - 08:55 PM.

#14 SporeyMF

SporeyMF

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:01 PM

I have some Penis envy mono tubs going, no fruit yet just blobs. What cubes do you guys recommend to grow? Something easy to get prints off of probably, high potency, and ones that will fruit well unlike the strain I have now. Don't really want to order another syringe but I guess that's what I'm going to have to do....

In my experience, potency with cubes have generally been the same.. the first flush (to me) have always seemed to be the most rewarding in regard to potency.

Here is a pic of what I have going on right now:

You can at least get an idea of colonization time.. this may vary of course as not all spores are one of a kind. Far left is Treasure Coast (5th place) , next to the right is Texas (currently winning the colonization race), Mazatapec (3rd place) Golden Teacher (2nd place), and Albino A+ (4th place). They were all inoculated on 9/1/19

f536a9b1b3c6aed3f133aacf9c819915.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thacan likes this

#15 Stroker

Stroker

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:12 PM

Pics of my three tubs, first two are27 qt tubs third is a 64qt tub.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

• Thacan likes this

#16 sandman

sandman

Mansplainer

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,656 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:13 PM

Golden Teacher is one of my favorites, had some of the most potent fruits ever. Best gross quantity of all time came from Mexican Palenque for me. 

I'd stay away from any albino strains because the dried fruits look like "grocery store mushrooms" or just too odd, some friends may be suspect when you share on a fun camping trip. 

• Stroker likes this

#17 sandman

sandman

Mansplainer

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,656 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:15 PM

Texas aka Tex is a fine fine strain that used to have a lot of clout back in the day. 

#18 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 676 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:17 PM

Golden Teacher is one of my favorites, had some of the most potent fruits ever. Best gross quantity of all time came from Mexican Palenque for me.

I'd stay away from any albino strains because the dried fruits look like "grocery store mushrooms" or just too odd, some friends may be suspect when you share on a fun camping trip.

Think that had to do with the grow? I’ve never heard anyone say that about teachers. Or just got lucky with genetics?

#19 sandman

sandman

Mansplainer

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,656 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:29 PM

Maybe I'm just lucky but I've grown them several times and always had good quality. I have heard a few other growers say otherwise but they never let me down. The weakest strain I ever grew was Malabar. I literally had to throw them in the trash they were so weak. That was a fluke apparently because a clone of the same batch was fine so who the hell knows lol.

Edited by sandman, 11 September 2019 - 09:34 PM.

#20 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:49 PM

I did not case these KapnDank. Would that help get less blobs?
I haven't personally grown PE but I remember people saying they're one cube that actually NEEDS a casing.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!