• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 11:58 PM

I've heard repeatedly about B+ and GT being variable. It seems they aren't fully domesticated?

Has anyone done the work to grow them out MS, clone fruits, mix spores from the two most potent lines and repeat a few times?

For beginners the most domesticated strains used to be recommended. When I first grew in 2009 MexiCube was a long time classic for that purpose.

I don't even see MexiCube mentioned any more, is it still grown?

#22 sandman

sandman

Mansplainer

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,656 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2019 - 12:16 AM

You guys also have to keep in mind that many if not all spore "strains" could be completely mislabeled because of the nature of the business and spores in general. Humans make mistakes, sometimes they even purposely lie. All of a sudden one dude 15 years ago sending out mislabeled prints can really throw a wrench in everything. There's no telling what strain your spores really are. Just order some cube spores that aren't penis envy and grow some mushrooms and repeat until you are satisfied. 

• Misfit likes this

#23 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 12:43 AM

There is merit to that, the ultimate test is how they grow and how they feel.

I find it amusing, when reading about hybridization procedures, there's always at least one person that more or less insists hybridization is pointless because 'you can't be sure it's a hybrid'. Are people breeding for a name, or breeding for mushrooms! If selecting an existing strain, or breeding a new strain, keep growing until you find something you love and then add it to your collection.

And keep encrypted notes, so in a decade you know what you did back in the day :wink:

#24 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 200 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 03:51 AM

I want to see more breeding like we hear the pioneers conducted I think it’s just amazing when people can check the work, just for the sake of the art,. I am fucking loving the way these rustywhyte are coming,. they are looking just candy perfect,. Can’t wait till done in a few days I really hope to have the orange rust spores to show off for everyone ! :P

#25 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:07 PM

Anything besides penis envy

“I’d rather have nothing than have a lie”

I get penis envy all the time. Ooh malabar coast and hualtas is my two cents.

#26 Theinvitrowalrus

Theinvitrowalrus

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:47 AM

I started off with texas goliad super fast colonization time and have had no problems. Very potent, but I have found that mine are hollowand grow alot taller and slimmer than short and fat. I tried 4 treasure coast jars and only 1 survived. The fruits are nice and fat, its currently frtuiting like crazy. havent tried them yet though. I just did 2 jars of palenque on 9 01 but I have yet to see growth on those.
  • sandman and SporeyMF like this

#27 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,956 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:54 PM

I'm finding in today's market that I like the Chitwan.

Surprised they aren't mentioned.

Great producer.

After ordering my old favorite Equador I was totally let down with what's on the market.

In the old days when John Allen was suppling most of the market with Asian strains they were my go to.

Of late they are hit and miss and the variety has been trimmed way down with vendors.

I totally regret letting go of my old print collection but after a decade in storage and a couple of moves all was lost.

Edited by roc, 13 September 2019 - 05:56 PM.

• sandman likes this

#28 Theinvitrowalrus

Theinvitrowalrus

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 06:25 PM

Wish I could have gotten some spores from John Allen haha sounds like some good days. Im really hoping these palenque and mazatapec spores are legit. Want to get into the mexican strains.
  • roc likes this

#29 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 200 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 09:52 PM

I have Mazatapec and Mexican Dutch king I am gonna inoculate this weekend coming up

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!