• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 RainbowCatepillar

RainbowCatepillar

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 12:13 AM

Of course I won't reveal which person I am in the vid, but I'm not rapping in this one.
I rapped, just not here. This was back when I was in a rap group :biggrin:  
I remember using my college financial aid to pay for the video! Only I could afford it thanks to school lolllll 
The group fell apart due to members having ego problems. Not creative differences, EGO PROBLEMS smh
It first split into 2 groups and then both groups further disintegrated. 

Anyways, here's a throwback. It wasn't perfect, but there was def potential for the group. It was fun while it lasted!  

[Direct Link]

• onediadem and TVCasualty like this

#2 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,643 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:00 AM

Nice!! I am slightly more than ZERO musical talent... BUT.... I am REALLY good at going to shows and listening to music!!

My roommates in college had a hip hop group with full band known as the Noble Savages.. The Obama campaign was in full effect so most of what they did was political... well... drinking was another frequent subject in the lyrics... I mean, we were in college!!

Edited by PJammer24, 13 September 2019 - 11:00 AM.

#3 RainbowCatepillar

RainbowCatepillar

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 03:04 PM

Nice!! I am slightly more than ZERO musical talent... BUT.... I am REALLY good at going to shows and listening to music!!

My roommates in college had a hip hop group with full band known as the Noble Savages.. The Obama campaign was in full effect so most of what they did was political... well... drinking was another frequent subject in the lyrics... I mean, we were in college!!

I want to hear some of their music! I'm a sucker for political songs lol

I'll see if I can find anything they made! 

#4 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,643 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2019 - 03:21 PM

I dont know that you can find the political stuff on the internet but you can find some stuff done by the main EMCee from that group... Look up Doxcity on band camp... Selfish Presley is him also...

• RainbowCatepillar likes this

#5 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,532 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2019 - 03:41 PM

My grandmother lived in East LA. I spent my childhood running the streets and taking the bus with her. Olympic blvd. Good times.

• roc, TVCasualty, crazy1 and 1 other like this

#6 RainbowCatepillar

RainbowCatepillar

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 03:59 PM

I dont know that you can find the political stuff on the internet but you can find some stuff done by the main EMCee from that group... Look up Doxcity on band camp... Selfish Presley is him also...

Will check it out! I'm slowly inching my way into making music again so i could def use the inspiration!

I feel like everyone could make music if they desired to. It's first about learning the techniques. Then you can apply them (or not) and make whatever music sings in your heart. I know there's some music deep within you. You ever try to make music?

#7 RainbowCatepillar

RainbowCatepillar

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:01 PM

My grandmother lived in East LA. I spent my childhood running the streets and taking the bus with her. Olympic blvd. Good times.

Cool memory! Would it just be the two of you going on adventures?

#8 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,532 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:04 PM

Yes.

#9 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,618 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:12 PM

No shit? Small world; my dad grew up in Montebello and I popped out of Whittier Hospital.

#10 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,532 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:35 PM

My great GGM lived in Montebello! I was born at Queen of Angels. I used to cruise Whittier blvd in high school lol.

• TVCasualty likes this

#11 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,618 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:41 PM

Yup, it's a very small world indeed. I bet at least one or two of our relatives have met, probably a long ways back at this point. My mom grew up mostly around Fullerton. I remember living in Whittier and watching the fireworks at Disneyland every night all Summer from my bedroom window, lol.

Apologies for the nostalgic threadjacking, lol....

• crazy1 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!