• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 847 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:35 PM

Years ago I stumbled across a simple method for dosing HBWR.
Grind the seeds and cover them with white wine, let sit in the fridge for a day or so, shaking occasionally, decant, filter and drink.
No nausea no aches no vasoconstriction.
I am now off alcohol completely so I’m thinking of an alternative method short of a full on extraction.
I’m convinced that something in the wine besides water and alcohol is what makes the trip so clean. I’ve tried twelve percent water alcohol mixes in the past and still had the nasty side effects and at the same time the trip is not as strong.
I’m thinking acetaldehyde and or tartaric acid may be involved or at least a good place to start.
Any thought on what chemically may be going on?

#2 GORF

GORF

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 344 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:52 PM

The actives are sensitive to oxygen and wine has additives that help prevent oxidative processes for flavor stability

Perhaps....

That's all I've got

#3 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 847 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 10:57 PM

Good point. I’ll add sulfites to the list of possibles.

#4 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 847 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 09:13 PM

Based on recent LSH and A talk on other threads I’m bumping this dud.
Here’s what I’m trying:
50 HBWR seeds ground
10ml sherry vinegar
10ml water
15ml passionflower tincture 50% ethanol
Fresh ginger peel
Spearmint sprig
Combined in brown glass bottle and refrigerated. Shaken regularly. Will add tiny pinch of tartaric acid and filter through a cotton ball, let settle and pour off of any sediment.
Bioassay to follow.
  • ethnobotanist420, ElPirana, Alpoehi and 1 other like this

#5 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,707 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 June 2020 - 12:39 AM

Here’s what I’m trying:
50 HBWR seeds ground
10ml sherry vinegar
10ml water
Fresh ginger peel
Spearmint sprig
Combined in brown glass bottle and refrigerated. Shaken regularly. Will add tiny pinch of tartaric acid and filter through a cotton ball, let settle and pour off of any sediment.
Bioassay to follow.

Safe travels man! Looking forward to hearing how it went!
  • makinbones69 likes this

#6 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 376 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:53 AM

It’ll be interesting to see how it turns out. I don’t see why the new method shouldn’t work just as well with HBWR as with MG.

#7 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 542 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 June 2020 - 10:30 AM

These seeds are super potent compared to MG seeds. Seven seeds is a good dosage for a heavy and visual trip. I didn't want to push the envelope too far because of the nausea.

lots of information here at the psychonautwiki

https://psychonautwi...eeds_.28HBWR.29

• Alpoehi and YoshiTrainer like this

#8 clumsy

clumsy

Mycophiliac

• Gold VIP
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 05:32 PM

I don't consume alcohol, either. See this post for why I don't drink. So, after doing an alcohol-based extraction, I let the alcohol evaporate to a small amount, then, in a pyrex container, I pour boiling hot water. Alcohol has a lower boiling point than water, so most will instantly evaporate. Boiling water also removes dissolved oxygen.

#9 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 418 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 05:37 PM

Here’s what I’m trying:
50 HBWR seeds ground
10ml sherry vinegar
10ml water
Fresh ginger peel
Spearmint sprig
Bioassay to follow.

Safe travels man! Looking forward to hearing how it went!
Def I'm new to the game 50 of them seeds seems scary to me. If u do it def post I'd like to hear how it goes.
My favorite is the "safe travels" bit. People said that to me the first time I went to third world countries bahaaa. I agree tho safe travels mane!

Edited by makinbones69, 22 June 2020 - 05:38 PM.

#10 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 847 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 05:40 PM

I guess I have to make clear - I have no intention of drinking the whole thing at once.
  • makinbones69 likes this

#11 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 418 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 05:49 PM

I'm borderline slow so clarity is helpful. Do fill us in tho it'll prolly be awesome

Edited by makinbones69, 22 June 2020 - 05:50 PM.

#12 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 847 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 11:56 PM

Be careful - Don Juan tells us that clarity is to be feared by the man of knowledge.

So after all that bullshit - the seed mush soaked up way more of the liquid than I’d anticipated. Do I added 50 ml I’d white wine. Hahahaha!
Oh well, all I was trying to do was avoid having to drink a glass of wine and a couple of dropperfulls should still do it.
Back in the fridge!

#13 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 847 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:34 PM

So the solution was filtered through a cotton cloth and the liquid was squeezed out of the solids. The solution was then frozen and allowed to thaw and settle in the refrigerator. Decanted off the solids and filtered through cotton balls yielded weirdly exactly 100 ml.
10 ml under the tongue and down the hatch. Should be about 5 seeds worth - enough hopefully for a threshold toe in the water dose. Hopefully not enough to kick my ass because I have shit to do today.
  • Alpoehi and YoshiTrainer like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!