• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 435 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 02:55 PM

Seems like puritanism is on the rise again. I think we just call it being politically correct now

I think (hope) it's a case of the craziest voices shouting the loudest. I think it's always been thus, just that electronic media makes it so much worse.

As far as goofy ballz tripping vs therapeutic-if-painful soul massage, as with everything, a balance is best and tends to be the default in sane persons anyway. Trying to ditch either does not speak of good balance.

Figured we were getting a little off topic in the day tripping thread so wanted to start another one about the destruction of our society. Due to the fascist politically correct woke people 

According to Jonathan Haidt. The pc sickness is wide spread across the country. However the finger pointing, gotcha society is more isolated to the east and west coasts. Safe spaces, all of it can eat shit. I want to believe that the majority of people do not subscribe to this garbage ideology. If they keep brainwashing all the children, there wont be any room left for humor. 

They touch on the subject of woke comedy. Its  more of a giant remember berry fest than jokes. Remember the goonies, que crowd cheer. Do some chunk lines and cash me a cheque. Sort of like the Dane Cook fad, hey wait a minute these aren't actually jokes. Just saying things in a funny way. One episode they show a guy in a dinosaur costume. The one comic goes, see this is what we are up against now. The entire bit is he is wearing a costume, hilarious!!!!

Without a doubt the biggest infringement upon our freedoms is this politically correct garbage

Teen's anxiety, depression, and suicide rates are skyrocketing. Partially due to them not being prepared as adults. This is from excessive coddling as a children. We now have the term bulldozer parent because helicopter was not sufficient enough to describe the level of coddling. The idea is the parents push all obstacles in front of their child's path.  This is also tied to social media and the ultimate soul sucking effect it has on people. Fomo has increased to an insane level. When a kid used to miss a party he would just wonder what he was missing. Now it is blasted in his face with photo's and video's. It just creates this fake life for other kids to get jealous and feel bad about their lives. Its the same with adults to sadly. So glad we did not have facebook when I was a teen.

I used to wonder why would we break up big teck. It provides all these jobs and yada yada yada. What is the cost of this though, what service does fakebook even really provide us? They spy on every facet of our lives, collect the data and sell it to the highest bidder. What do we get in return. A free way to feel bad about yourself? Seriously what benefit does this provide to our society? other than small business thriving on it, surely they can find another medium to work on. To stay connected.... um nope it has the opposite effect of that. If you truly cared about someone you used to just pick up the phone and have a conversation. This interaction cannot be replaced by any medium. Now people just spy on each other and then have nothing to say when they actually meet up. All their questions have been answered by fakebook. The art of the long form conversation has become rare indeed

[Direct Link]

As the mass we need to start sticking up for our rights and freedoms. People just sort of lay down and let this pc shit take over. Its done on the premise of feelings and to make things better. We just turn a blind eye thinking, ahh what's that harm. They are just trying to make things better for people. So when someone tries to correct the words you use, tell them to fuck off. The evidence is clear that it is weakening our society. 

It has gotten to the point you are not even allowed to criticize these little babies at work. They suck shit at their jobs, are lazy and more interested with whatever mindless app is sucking their attention down. When you discipline them they just go cry to the boss about being bullied. Its a pathetic victim culture out there now

That's my rant for the day folks, thanks for the outlet

Edited by flashingrooster, 17 September 2019 - 02:57 PM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and Oneyedraven like this

#2 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 435 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 02:59 PM

Oh right my main point.

So when you are out there and someone is pushing a progressive agenda. Feel empowered that it is trash rhetoric. You can absolutely say something against it. People need to be challenged on this, it has become a runaway train of scared complicity 

Black panther being the "best" movie of the year, and then best marvel movie sort of say's it all. Everyone to scared of being singled out as a racist if they did not give it 5 out of 5 stars

Edited by flashingrooster, 17 September 2019 - 03:01 PM.

• Coopdog likes this

#3 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 September 2019 - 03:40 PM

I will be really surprised if the us does not implode on itself, and burn to ashes in the next 20 years. We cannot keep up the rate of spending, going into debt, coupled with stupidity for very much longer.

• crazy1, Coopdog and Oneyedraven like this

#4 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,676 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 September 2019 - 08:53 AM

I will be really surprised if the us does not implode on itself, and burn to ashes in the next 20 years. We cannot keep up the rate of spending, going into debt, coupled with stupidity for very much longer.

If the US falls apart and goes to shit... You may have to move out of the desert if you hope to survive more easily... I am going to turn my place into a compound when society gets a flat tire... I am on the 2nd highest hill in the municipality so we will be able to see the thieving barbarians well before they arrive, It is a temperate climate with an adequate growing season, I have a gas well that will continue to feed my home even after electricity fails, well water... We could holdout up on my hill for a good while!!  My parents house is down the street with a gas kiln where we could fire our pots and jugs, a spring, pond... I think my friends and I could make a go of it!!

• Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

#5 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 September 2019 - 12:15 PM

Well alrighty. I know how to throw pots out of clay. College wasn't a complete a wash in an apocalyptic world lol.

• PJammer24, Skywatcher and flashingrooster like this

#6 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 435 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:00 PM

The snake eating its own tail, nah nah nah nah hey hey hey goodbye Justin

Attached Thumbnails

• douche.jpg
  • douche in blackface.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!