• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 331 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:10 PM

One easy tip I have is to keep windex close by. The alcohol percentage is not enough to degrade the silicon and it prevents the silicone from sticking to your finger, gloved or not, or whatever device you use to apply your sealant. If sealant gets somewhere you don’t want it to be you can use a paper towel/rag with windex and wipe it right up without spreading it.

Cool, I need to try that.  Maybe next time I use silicone I won't end up with a sticky mess.

In fact you can get away with just water, wet a paper towel or dip your finger in water.

It was a greasy trick I learned at work to use spit on your finger to form silicone and not make a mess

• cybele likes this

#22 cybele

cybele

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 09:47 PM

One easy tip I have is to keep windex close by. The alcohol percentage is not enough to degrade the silicon and it prevents the silicone from sticking to your finger, gloved or not, or whatever device you use to apply your sealant. If sealant gets somewhere you don’t want it to be you can use a paper towel/rag with windex and wipe it right up without spreading it.

Cool, I need to try that.  Maybe next time I use silicone I won't end up with a sticky mess.

In fact you can get away with just water, wet a paper towel or dip your finger in water.

It was a greasy trick I learned at work to use spit on your finger to form silicone and not make a mess

Aaaaayyyy! I knew I guy that did that in the military, lol! I am a pretty heavy smoker, so dry mouth is an issue for me. To be scientific, lol, windex is just more consistent for me. For others in a jiffy reading this, there ya go! Spit on it!!

• flashingrooster likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!