20 replies to this topic

#21 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,872 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:15 PM

I've read through those instructions and my ability to picture the actual moves is really limited apparently. Have you ever come across pictures or video for these sequences?

I know it's tough.  I have taken my doc's class on Yi Gun Gin twice.  He has had me demonstrate the 12 forms several times during appointments and made corrections where I had them wrong.  I have searched online and that pdf is the only thing I have been able to find.  The text (obviously that pdf was a transcription of the same original), my doc said he first saw it in the Parade Magazine insert to a Sunday New York Times many decades ago.  I have his printout with small photos of his daughter demonstrating the forms.  The first time I took the class, the doc said he had form #9 wrong for years.  I don't know what Qi Gong master straightened him out on that.   Anyway, I have been showing some friends Yi Gun Gin and that has informed how I described it above, as it's hard enough to picture the forms with pictures, or as the Chinese have said through the ages: "Picture worth thousand word." 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!