• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 09:47 AM

That's awesome and yes, be sure to get buckets to cut. I did that and also use the tote under them, what a difference my friend.

You're going to see making bubble a whole new way. At least I did and am very happy about that. 

When I measured the outlet it was closer to 15/16 than 3/4. I had to go with a thicker hose than I wanted to but went with 1" ID and used a hose clamp.

I went to our local hardware for the hose though, I'm sure HD will have a more flexible hose to use.

Look forward to seeing which you choose first, and how you enjoy the process.

Watch that bag, it doesn't have a stop at the bottom for the zipper.........don't ask how I know lol

And on my 5th wash, the zipper did open. Admittedly I had more ice in there than I should have though.

Peace

• OldBear likes this

#22 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 05:38 AM

Any updates Old Bear? 

#23 OldBear

OldBear

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 164 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:09 AM

Just ran a real batch of 2019 trim last night after a “practice run” using trim of indefinite vintage where a lesson in patience was learned. Also switched my bags.

Been getting up at 5am to drive my sweetie for radiation treatments for breast cancer — no worries, caught it early & got it all — and the 20th & last treatment was this AM.

Gonna trim for a bit & listen to old school classic rock, but it’s supposed to pour rain this afternoon & I’ll send along a full report then.
  • onediadem, crazy1 and Juthro like this

#24 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:14 AM

So gld to hear it was caught in time, what a blessing.

Look forward to your results, I'm hoping tomorrow to get back to making bubble.

What bags did you switch to and from?

Peace

• Spark and OldBear like this

#25 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,225 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 October 2019 - 12:44 PM

Good, and healing vibes to you and your loved ones, Old Bear.

• crazy1 and OldBear like this

#26 OldBear

OldBear

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 164 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 October 2019 - 11:26 AM

So....

taking a brief break from trimming cuz I really a shower.  Good time to catch up with a quick note. 

Never having made bubble hash before, I ordered a set of 5 gal Bubble Bag Dude bags together with a bubble hash washing machine.  After actually using them, I liked the process, but had two gripes with the bags.  First, only the bottom of the bags was filter material, the sides being heavy colored nonpermeable nylon.  I adjusted my pace to account for this limitation, but it was poor design just the same.  Second, the bags had a drawstring, but no clip on the end to keep it tight.

Retired the Bubble Bag Dude bags & got a set of Growsun bags, which are 100% filtering material (except for a strip of stronger material at the seams), and have a clip to keep them tight.  They are what I’m using now.

& thanks crazyt1 & Juthro for your kindness — much appreciated.

Gonna hit the shower & get back to work.

• crazy1 and Juthro like this

#27 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:29 PM

Thanks a lot OldBear! I’m looking at those bags now. Guess I didn’t realize there were bags that were full filter material. Been using the other ones for a while and am held back sometimes with trying to get the final bag to drain in time.

Peace

#28 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:33 PM

I had another morning making bubble again. I love doing it actually

I’m about 6’ 1 so you can figure my hand size roughly. I put 5 handfuls of leaf trim in the bag and after 5 washes it’s looking around another 14 +/- grams again. Nice and light blonde with a very very light green in a bit of it

Thanks everyone for your help

Peace
  • onediadem likes this

#29 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:09 AM

I finally got back to making more bubble.

I purchased the Growsun bags, set of 7?, and their wash bag.

Bottom line is.......................

Growsun for the WIN!!!!!!!!!!

These products are top notch and well worth the money in my opinion.

Thanks a TON Oldbear

Peace

• onediadem and OldBear like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!