• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 09:47 AM

That's awesome and yes, be sure to get buckets to cut. I did that and also use the tote under them, what a difference my friend.

You're going to see making bubble a whole new way. At least I did and am very happy about that. 

When I measured the outlet it was closer to 15/16 than 3/4. I had to go with a thicker hose than I wanted to but went with 1" ID and used a hose clamp.

I went to our local hardware for the hose though, I'm sure HD will have a more flexible hose to use.

Look forward to seeing which you choose first, and how you enjoy the process.

Watch that bag, it doesn't have a stop at the bottom for the zipper.........don't ask how I know lol

And on my 5th wash, the zipper did open. Admittedly I had more ice in there than I should have though.

Peace

• OldBear likes this

#22 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 05:38 AM

Any updates Old Bear? 

#23 OldBear

OldBear

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 143 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:09 AM

Just ran a real batch of 2019 trim last night after a “practice run” using trim of indefinite vintage where a lesson in patience was learned. Also switched my bags.

Been getting up at 5am to drive my sweetie for radiation treatments for breast cancer — no worries, caught it early & got it all — and the 20th & last treatment was this AM.

Gonna trim for a bit & listen to old school classic rock, but it’s supposed to pour rain this afternoon & I’ll send along a full report then.
  • onediadem, crazy1 and Juthro like this

#24 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:14 AM

So gld to hear it was caught in time, what a blessing.

Look forward to your results, I'm hoping tomorrow to get back to making bubble.

What bags did you switch to and from?

Peace

• Spark and OldBear like this

#25 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,656 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 October 2019 - 12:44 PM

Good, and healing vibes to you and your loved ones, Old Bear.

• crazy1 and OldBear like this

#26 OldBear

OldBear

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 143 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 October 2019 - 11:26 AM

So....

taking a brief break from trimming cuz I really a shower.  Good time to catch up with a quick note. 

Never having made bubble hash before, I ordered a set of 5 gal Bubble Bag Dude bags together with a bubble hash washing machine.  After actually using them, I liked the process, but had two gripes with the bags.  First, only the bottom of the bags was filter material, the sides being heavy colored nonpermeable nylon.  I adjusted my pace to account for this limitation, but it was poor design just the same.  Second, the bags had a drawstring, but no clip on the end to keep it tight.

Retired the Bubble Bag Dude bags & got a set of Growsun bags, which are 100% filtering material (except for a strip of stronger material at the seams), and have a clip to keep them tight.  They are what I’m using now.

& thanks crazyt1 & Juthro for your kindness — much appreciated.

Gonna hit the shower & get back to work.

• crazy1 and Juthro like this

#27 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:29 PM

Thanks a lot OldBear! I’m looking at those bags now. Guess I didn’t realize there were bags that were full filter material. Been using the other ones for a while and am held back sometimes with trying to get the final bag to drain in time.

Peace

#28 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:33 PM

I had another morning making bubble again. I love doing it actually

I’m about 6’ 1 so you can figure my hand size roughly. I put 5 handfuls of leaf trim in the bag and after 5 washes it’s looking around another 14 +/- grams again. Nice and light blonde with a very very light green in a bit of it

Thanks everyone for your help

Peace
  • onediadem likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!