• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 453 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 02:57 PM

Usually whenever I take mushrooms I take all of them at once but I've had some people tell me it works to take them over time hour by hour.
Has anyone experimented with this?
Any difference in reaction/ experience?
  • Furthur1 likes this

#2 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 03:43 PM

I can only speak for myself but it seems like the initial dose is what your trip is going to be like and anything after you start tripping will only make the experience longer ... like 3g + 2g later doesn’t equal the experience of 5 dried grams in silent darkness ... I can only speak from my personal experience tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • coorsmikey, firerat, Coopdog and 1 other like this

#3 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,501 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2019 - 06:11 PM

I can only speak for myself but it seems like the initial dose is what your trip is going to be like and anything after you start tripping will only make the experience longer ... like 3g + 2g later doesn’t equal the experience of 5 dried grams in silent darkness ... I can only speak from my personal experience tho

I can vouch the same. 14gr over a course of 6 hours is not anything remotely close to 14gr all at once. 

• Coopdog and DaveyJonez like this

#4 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,684 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2019 - 06:58 PM

^^^^ What they said up there. I tend to take a 2-3 grams at once then keep dosing to keep the beauty flowing all evening. Taken all at once tends to be a lifechanging experience while deoling it out every hour just keeps you smiley all evening. Entirely subjective what floats your boat though. 

• coorsmikey, DaveyJonez and TabbyBoy like this

#5 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 453 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 07:41 PM

I've been trying to have a stronger experience and I dont know specifically how. I took 5 recently and it wasn't nearly as visual as one of my 3.5 trips.

I guess I'm more looking for a spiritual/ life changing experience more than i am a visual one though. 

Reading through everyone's highest doses i saw roc say something about syrian rue when he took 60g fresh. 

If i took that eighth and had that syrian rue for a pre dose do you think it would amplify the epiphany/ enlightenment aspect of the experience? 

I know, My mileage may vary, I'd like to know what y'alls educated guesses could be.

#6 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 879 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2019 - 09:15 PM

I steer clear of syrian rue. I used it back when I was looking for an overwhelming experience. I ended up overwhelmed, but maybe not in the right ways. And it wasn't the right time for me back then anyway.

When it comes to spiritual/life-changing experiences I'm more hesitant too. Last I was taking mushrooms I had satisfying spiritual experiences with as low as 1-1.5g in the dark. I was also meditating regularly.

As for having stronger experiences, I think if you just keep using they will become stronger in time. At least that was what happened for me. Everyone's different, I guess. But, I often think back to when 5g with syrian rue did as little as .5g do now. Is it because my brain is permanently changed from overuse? I don't know, but it's my experience.

I once even felt heavy anxiety about HPPD... that makes me laugh now! :). There were some iffy times on the psychedelic road and I doubt I even have an idea when it comes to the more deeply experienced people here.

Edited by Guy1298, 21 September 2019 - 09:22 PM.

• Coopdog and TabbyBoy like this

#7 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 453 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 09:18 PM

I steer clear of syrian rue. I used it back when I was looking for an overwhelming experience. I ended up overwhelmed, but maybe not in the right ways. And it wasn't the right time for me back then anyway.

When it comes to spiritual/life-changing experiences I'm more hesitant too. Last I was taking mushrooms I had satisfying spiritual experiences with as low as 1-1.5g in the dark. I was also meditating regularly... I think I might have meditated for 6 hours before that bit.

I should try to meditate more before my next experience then.
I'll probably skip on the rue then.
Thanks!

#8 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 879 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 September 2019 - 09:28 PM

Heh, I changed that a bit. Yeah, I did meditate 6 hours before one trip one time and saw an incredible difference. Tons of loving-kindness meditation too. It was very beautiful.

Yeah, don't take my advice as gold! Little am I in the world of psychedelic culture, just an odd kid that decided to grow mushrooms and obsess about enlightenment in his twenties. Just 30 now. 

Edited by Guy1298, 21 September 2019 - 09:29 PM.

• Coopdog, Lakegal7 and TabbyBoy like this

#9 TabbyBoy

TabbyBoy

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 453 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 10:23 PM

Heh, I changed that a bit. Yeah, I did meditate 6 hours before one trip one time and saw an incredible difference. Tons of loving-kindness meditation too. It was very beautiful.

Yeah, don't take my advice as gold! Little am I in the world of psychedelic culture, just an odd kid that decided to grow mushrooms and obsess about enlightenment in his twenties. Just 30 now.

I enjoy any wisdom from any individual.
You could still be 20 and I'd take it as gold.
Thank you for your input I very much appreciate it
  • Coopdog and DaveyJonez like this

#10 DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 05:08 AM

I've been trying to have a stronger experience and I dont know specifically how. I took 5 recently and it wasn't nearly as visual as one of my 3.5 trips.
I guess I'm more looking for a spiritual/ life changing experience more than i am a visual one though.
Reading through everyone's highest doses i saw roc say something about syrian rue when he took 60g fresh.
If i took that eighth and had that syrian rue for a pre dose do you think it would amplify the epiphany/ enlightenment aspect of the experience?
I know, My mileage may vary, I'd like to know what y'alls educated guesses could be.

Empty stomach seems to be a big one for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • TabbyBoy likes this

#11 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,212 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 October 2019 - 03:00 AM

I have definitely learned not to take them all at once.

I can go into severe panic mode on the come-up with more than 3 grams.

If I need the intensity or depth of a strong experience, I will take the intended dose split up over an hour.  For example, if I'm intending on going 4 grams deep, I'll take 1 gram every 15 minutes, x4.

This gives me time to acclimate to the new state of mind without it scaring me to death as it emerges.

• TabbyBoy likes this

#12 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 419 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 October 2019 - 08:06 PM

When it comes to spiritual/life-changing experiences I'm more hesitant too. Last I was taking mushrooms I had satisfying spiritual experiences with as low as 1-1.5g in the dark. I was also meditating regularly.

As for having stronger experiences, I think if you just keep using they will become stronger in time. At least that was what happened for me. Everyone's different, I guess. But, I often think back to when 5g with syrian rue did as little as .5g do now. Is it because my brain is permanently changed from overuse? I don't know, but it's my experience.

I once even felt heavy anxiety about HPPD... that makes me laugh now! :). There were some iffy times on the psychedelic road and I doubt I even have an idea when it comes to the more deeply experienced people here.

Lol the times I did have HPPD it sure didn't "bother" me none. Hell I may still have it to a degree just stopped noticing it. Lmao
Agreed all at once on an empty stomach is the way to go. Lemon Tek will intensify it but it seems that more of my more spiritual trips have been with the whole fruits ground to a fine powder in a coffee grinder vs doses of comparable intensity lemon tek'd but that could just be me. You can definitely have a deeply spiritual experience with lemon tek.
If you get anxiety on the come up I hear it's helpful to eat a gram to start and then the rest of the large dose after 45min-hour. I can attest that redosing a heavy dose while already tripping usually result in less anxiety on the 2nd come up. At least with other psyches. You have to redose in the first half of the peak though otherwise you'll just extend what you already have going on. That's been ho it works for me and my body chemistry anyways. Body chemistry can be a strange thing. My brother always peaks during the last few hours of his trip. It's like he trips in reverse. Still have no theories as to why

Edited by KapnDank, 01 October 2019 - 08:08 PM.

• DaveyJonez likes this

#13 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,667 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 October 2019 - 09:46 PM

I am really bummed after I invented a disease and a tax free foundation to pitch for donations with it, and you guys already had the initials tied up!  Bummed and angry at you all.  Now I don't know where to go with my HPPDF (Healthy Personality Personality Disorder Foundation).  Give generously to help the innocent victims of HPPD.  Lord knows they suffer!

#14 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 879 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:08 AM

I think the issues with HPPD come when it pairs with anxiety and fear. The anxiety and fear is probably residual from a difficult trip. The fact that the visual field has changed, permanently or semi-permanently, plays into that. The fear and anxiety grows in relation to the changes in the visual field, the changes in the visual field seem more pronounced because of the fear and anxiety. 

I didn't want to make it seem like I didn't experience something difficult. Well, it's no different than realizing that "I am mortal." I wasn't ready to understand that I could actually irreversibly harm myself. And I wasn't ready to understand that that was totally fine. :). 

Once I knew I am mortal, can irreversibly damage myself, and that's totally fine, HPPD stopped mattering. But, it required that I also knew at a different level that "I am immortal."

Edited by Guy1298, 06 October 2019 - 10:12 AM.

#15 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 879 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:18 AM

The shaman I was with told me to do Ayahuasca in a sip and wait fashion. Similar to what Darci explains with mushrooms, but different.

But, with Ayahausca tolerance isn't a factor, so you can sip all night, get to the place you're looking for, get the messages you need, maintain control if you want, then come back throughout the night. I'm sure not everyone agree with this method. I think the shaman was just showing me how you'd go about using if you're a shaman... you can't be in the 50th dimension if you need to watch over people. 

Edited by Guy1298, 06 October 2019 - 10:20 AM.

#16 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,429 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 October 2019 - 01:02 PM

I've never thought about it before, but I can't think of a time when I've ever re-dosed or spread a dose out over time (of any psychedelic).

There's no particular reason why, it's just never happened. I suspect that's partly because I either take very small or very large doses and if it's small then I want a mild, short experience and re-dosing would mean it's not so short anymore and if it's large then I want a heavy experience but not necessarily one that's much longer (one massive peak is plenty for a night's work/play), so I wouldn't re-dose under those circumstances, either.

I love the rocket sled to the outer reaches of inner space that taking all 6 grams at once brings (6g is my usual "high" dose for cubensis). To me that part is like cresting the top of the first drop of a roller coaster right before it plunges into a helluva ride. The last time I did that I was nervous as hell since it had been a couple of years, but I ended up spending half the night laughing my ass off about being nervous since it was one of the most fun and sublime trips ever.

And as usual I stay the hell away from doses between 2.5 and 5 grams. Doses in that range are often a problem for myself and most people I've tripped with.

#17 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,656 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:46 PM

All at once, baby!  I'm in it for the rocket ride :)   

I much prefer a shorter, super intense experience, over a longer less intense one.

#18 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 03:23 PM

Works great if you are taking a lower dose and want to be able to focus on something. More of a nice smooth train ride than rocket ship. Each has it's place 

The trick is finding something to occupy your time for that long.... Binge watching works great if your into that

Edited by flashingrooster, 10 October 2019 - 03:24 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!