• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 05:47 AM

Thanks for swinging in and checking out the thread!

I'm still in the set up process honestly. That thing called life has gotten in my way a few times now. But I'm hoping this week or next to have things together and running

I appreciate your input my friend

Stay tuned

Peace

Edited by crazy1, 21 November 2019 - 05:47 AM.

• Melonmuziq likes this

#22 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 10:56 AM

So bent over my current plant. Idk what it is but it didnt do much. 4 colas. Fin. Shes under a light for 14 hrs in soil and is kiiinda starting to resprout some leaves... Fingers crossed

Someone gifted me a grow set up (ebb) halogen lights, 4 ft florescent and a 6ftx6ft closet. I just don't have the space....

#23 Melonmuziq

Melonmuziq

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 12:55 AM

So bent over my current plant. Idk what it is but it didnt do much. 4 colas. Fin. Shes under a light for 14 hrs in soil and is kiiinda starting to resprout some leaves... Fingers crossed
Someone gifted me a grow set up (ebb) halogen lights, 4 ft florescent and a 6ftx6ft closet. I just don't have the space....

I would go with at least 18 hours of light to reveg.
A little extra nitrogen and good energy.
  • MsBehavin420 likes this

#24 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 11:15 AM

I was having some leaves curling under yellow tips.. I thought it was nitrogen burn but idk I'm not sure if it was mold fly larve or something. It was outdoors.

Gonna bump up the timer to 18...

Im using a 100w terrarium plant bulb, as i felt the tao tronics 36w led was not doing much but hurting my eyes(is that normal?)
keeping Temps in the 70s (60s at night)

#25 Melonmuziq

Melonmuziq

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 12:21 PM

I was having some leaves curling under yellow tips.. I thought it was nitrogen burn but idk I'm not sure if it was mold fly larve or something. It was outdoors.
Gonna bump up the timer to 18...
Im using a 100w terrarium plant bulb, as i felt the tao tronics 36w led was not doing much but hurting my eyes(is that normal?)
keeping Temps in the 70s (60s at night)

Fungus gnats wont usually hurt a plant too much. They are more of a nuisance. If there is a huge infestation it can kill a plant but there would have to b hundreds of them and they are fairly easy to control. I use a combination of fly paper, homemade bug spray, and if its really bad, water the soil with a hydrogen peroxide solution.
Leaves curling under can be pests or too much nitrogen like u said. The yellow leaf tips are usually from over watering which might also cause the curl. Some pics would definitely help with diagnosis.
Your temps sound good.
As for lighting, i have never used led but am looking to in the future after i do some more research. Metal Halides are really bad for the eyes so stay away from those. A good rule of thumb is to have at least 2000 lumins per sq ft. 3000 at most.

#26 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 05:39 PM

I sprinkle cinnamon on the soil and reapply as needed. Ive heard of gardeners using irish spring shavings.
Buuut.
lost the plant today.. Still have a popped seed going. Thriving under the lights. So ill just pot it in a few weeks.

The light i got was near 3k mark.

#27 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,707 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2019 - 12:21 AM

Good luck on your grow!

You gonna do a grow log? I’m about to fire one up myself :) the last run I didn’t document at all really but I wanna do a proper growlog this go around.

As far as lighting... listen to the others man I’m still using MH/HPS lol one day I’ll get into the LEDs tho haha
  • crazy1, Coopdog and MsBehavin420 like this

#28 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 07:13 AM

Thanks and yes, I'll do a grow log.

I'll be watching for yours and good grow vibes to you as well

Peace

#29 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 02:51 PM

Dang.. Maybe i should post a thread.

#30 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 03:08 PM

I have used, flourescants, and MH bulbs before. Upgraded to one of these babies, works for both veg and flower cycle. My plants are growing considerably larger bud's on them. My best grow yet. So i would recommend getting one sized for your tent. I laughed at the shades provided, and then proceeded to put them on... the red glow it puts out its a very noticeable strength difference

https://www.amazon.c...A46PAD42PDTJBDM

Edited by flashingrooster, 28 November 2019 - 03:11 PM.

• Dipole likes this

#31 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 03:33 PM

I was just actually looking at those for some other plants in the house. Thanks rooster!!

#32 Randys67

Randys67

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 227 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 06:00 PM

I checked out the links and several of their complete kits. They are nice but seem a little pricey.  

I think that could be pieced together (which yeah is more hassle) for quite a bit less.  

So what size tent are you actually looking at?

There are some really nice LED options available now, and you dont have to go with the red/blue/purple visible spectrum. I'm seeing some pretty spectacular grows with these and I am considering a switch myself.

The 600 is your best bet if you go HID. More lumens per watt and you can find really good prices on them if you dont mind spending the time shopping online..

Im not sure if odor is a big issue, but a quality carbon filter is essential if so. You can find many that appear to be the same size and CFM rating, with a wide range on pricing. The thing to look at is weight. The less expensive ones are less expensive for a reason. The actual amount of, and depth of the carbon bed.

With a cheaper versions it is easy to overpower the filter, reducing its effectiveness and lifespan.  Sometimes you do get what you pay for.

Personally  I like a Can brand and I refill it myself when needed.

Im looking for some links on LED's that were given to me by some cats with actual experience, multiple grows, DIY builds, and lots of testing done.

I'm gonna pm ya. ;)  Maybe we can hookup in chat when we get free time and share some ideas thoughts.

peace!

Brother, I am new to growing marijuana also.  I am going to tent/soil grow like the poster.  LED is so confusing.  Will the cheaper 300W grow anything? lol?  Or go 600W?  Even the 1200W is less than 100 dollars some places? Can that be right?  Thanks so much, did not mean to hijack.

#33 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,842 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 December 2019 - 12:17 AM

The LED's are great for shorter squat plants and if you have enough of them you can use them universally. For a space the size of that tent I would grow for strictly canopy and do some serious training and selective clipping to make sure you have a dense canopy that fills your space completely just as you go into flower. You will have to do some more clipping as they go into their flowering growth spurt but you can end up with a solid canopy of pure sugary buds. I really prefer High Pressure Sodium or Ceramic Metal Halide or both, but the heat is a problem especially if you are not already holding onto some money to invest. LEDs have come a LONG way in the last few years. That being said I saw a side by side grow with a 600 watt HPS and a 3,000 watt LED, and the 600 watt made flowers WAY bigger and denser than the much more powerful LED's, but that could indeed have been due to the practices and intent of the grow shop to sell their HPS lights too. Always loved a mixture of Halide and HPS myself. 

EDIT: You can skimp on a lot of things growing weed, but do NOT skimp on your lighting. One sack of prime greenbuds will pay for that light and if you do things right you can pull damn near a lb from that space. I was getting 1/2 to 3/4 lb from a 2.5 x 3.5 space using Low stress training and selective pruning of the bottoms to concentrate on solid dense canopy only. You will need good air movement as it gets thick or you will get mildew and mold issues inside a tent. Good air movement as the buds get dense is very important too. 

Edited by Coopdog, 25 December 2019 - 12:24 AM.

• Rhyno and flashingrooster like this

#34 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 01:28 AM

That's solid advice coop, I would agree that good lighting is what its all about. I would say that the difference between hid's and hps compared to LED would be arguable. Probably just comes down to personal preference. They both have pro's and con's for different types of grows. One produces more heat and another uses less energy for example.  Like you said i just google searched a time lapse and they produced opposite results. Guess which light they are selling....

I found in my past searches it was hard to get an answer on which light is "better"

[Direct Link]

Here is another comparison

[Direct Link]

Edited by flashingrooster, 25 December 2019 - 01:31 AM.

• Coopdog likes this

#35 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,842 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 December 2019 - 04:06 AM

Both work very well IF properly applied in my opinion, and the edge might go towards the Higher end LED's but again ...properly applied :) I don't think a lot of people put them to optimal use. 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!