• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 newmoon

newmoon

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 08:52 AM

Here's some tampanensis fruiting from agar (ms, not isolated) -> buckwheat -> pasteurized straw/coir mix, cased with pasteurized coir in an automated terrarium. I'm not super happy with this grow and am going to clone the cluster and try again. The stipes look weird on some of the older fruits, I believe, because the substrate was a little too dry when it started fruiting. After spraying the substrate the newer fruits look normal.

P1020289.JPG

The terrarium is a sterilite gasket tote of an appropriate size. I'm using a reptile tank humidifier on an inkbird humidity controller. I drilled a hole for the humidifier tube, and mounted the inkbird humidity sensor on the opposite wall of the tote with tape.

P1020281.JPG P1020282.JPG

P1020279.JPG

A small blue/white aquarium light bar on a timer (on during daylight hours, roughly) goes on top.

Air exchange is provided by a small aquarium air pump running 24/7, piped through the wall of the tote with a 3/16" flexible tube to 1/4" NPT adapter and a 1/4" NPT locknut, parts 5372k121 and 4429k122 at McMaster Carr.

P1020291.JPG

Room temperature is fine for these, and so this is not currently temperature controlled. It's easy to add a seedling heat mat or reptile terrarium heating cable on a temperature controller.

Hope this is of use to someone!

• joeya, Moonless and SeArChEr4 like this

#2 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 10:34 PM

This is of use to me. Whats your routine like? Have you gotten the chance to sample these yet?

#3 newmoon

newmoon

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 10:59 PM

Been super busy and haven't had a chance to try eating them. Later this month, I hope...

The clones I took from that cluster were clean on agar, so I've started some cakes and some jars of oats.

That terrarium is fancier than necessary for most things; eventually, maybe next year, I'm planning to put it inside of a chest freezer on a temperature controller to try to do some indoor woodlovers.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!