• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 08:16 AM

Well I made some cookies the other day for a couple cancer patient's and a friend with fibromyalgia and figured I'd post here for folks who needed a bit of "guidance" 

I start with 10 grams of flower

flower.jpg

I then grind it up some what fine. My strainer holds back the smallest particles.

fine grind.jpg

The oven warmed to 245f to decarb the flower. I go for about 45 - 60 minutes in the oven.

oven.jpg

Butter melting and decarbed flower added. Notice this butter has a high fat content which is great for carrying the TCH onto our baked goods.

butter.jpg

infusion.jpg

After about 3 1/2 hours at 170f the butter is strained and ready for the cookie mix.

straining.jpg

dough.jpg

Now cookies onto the oven and ready in about 13 minutes.

cookies.jpg

cookies done.jpg

I hope this helped someone in their quest for a good edible that has a cookie, not flower flavor.

Peace

Edited by crazy1, 29 September 2019 - 08:17 AM.

• Skywatcher and Juthro like this

#2 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,952 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2019 - 08:48 AM

Looks delish...............

Chocolate chip maybe ? How much butter did you end up needing for the batch of cookies?

I make killer oatmeal raisin cookies, and a chewy candied lemon wafer cookie that complements the cannabis flavor nicely.

(recipes are always appreciated)

#3 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 08:51 AM

Thanks Sky!!!!

I use a pound of butter to the 10 grams of flower, And 2 packages of cookie mix,I should add that. And yes sir, chocolate chip and they do taste amazing. 

Your cookies sound really good my friend, I'd love to try the lemon flavored one......  :biggrin:

Peace

Edited by crazy1, 29 September 2019 - 08:52 AM.

• Skywatcher likes this

#4 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,952 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2019 - 09:37 AM

The lemon drop are a two step project because you need to candie the lemon peel first, unless you can find it already made

(but it won't be as good)

Candied Lemon

Make a 50%/ 50% simple syrup (half water and half sugar)

Simmer thin strips of lemon peel in the syrup for 20 minutes, turn off heat and cover. Let sit in that overnight. The next morning, take the peels a few at a time, coat them in sugar by rolling in it, and dry the peel on a cooling rack. It might take a few days depending on the humidity, but once made they store in a closed jar for later use.

Lemon drop Wafer Cookie

(makes about 24 cookies)

1/2 stick or 1/4 cup good cannabutter, room temp. (adjust for 24 doses by adding regular butter if the cannabutter is more potent)

1 cup sugar in recipe plus more to roll the cookies in.

1 large egg

Zest of 2 lemons

2/3 cup all purpose flour

1/4 tsp baking soda

pinch of salt

2 tblsp finely chopped candied lemon peel

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

Line 2 baking sheets with nonstick silpats

Cream the butter and sugar untill light and fluffy, (3-5 min) scrape the sides back down twice.

Add egg, mix on high and then add zest and mix to combine.

In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and the chopped candied lemon peel. Add this to the butter mixture and mix on medium low to combine (about 20 seconds)

Remove dough to a sheet of plastic wrap, cover well and chill about 15-20 minutes until firm.

Pinch off dough and roll into 1" balls. Drop the ball into sugar and roll around to coat completely. Place on silpat sheets about 2" apart. Press lightly to flatten slightly.

Bake until just golden, about 10 minutes. let cool on a rack.

These are not "diet" cookies, and be careful, because you will want more than one. Make the dose accordingly. They flatten out to a wafer from all the butter. These tend to stick together if you are storing them. Eat  in a few days as they do not keep well unless frozen.

• crazy1, Juthro and OldBear like this

#5 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,890 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2019 - 11:32 AM

RE: Grinding Herb for baking

I quit using a Cuisinart. The surfaces of the bowls and cutters get all gummed-up with resin.

Now,

I freeze my herb in the freezer. Use a meat-tenderizing hammer to smash the frozen herb to bits inside the freezer bag used to freeze the herb. Keep the reaction cold and avoid touching the bag with your hands. None of the oils or goods will transfer to the inside of the cold bag and you get it all into your mix instead.

Nice looking cookie recipes going here. I have some coconut oil that needs to get used-up and it is a great substitute for butter in recipes.

• Skywatcher, Juthro and GORF like this

#6 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 11:34 AM

Thanks a lot Sky!! This will be tried for sure

Myc thanks for adding that, I will have to give that a go. Sure sounds more simple

Peace

Edited by crazy1, 29 September 2019 - 11:37 AM.

• Skywatcher likes this

#7 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,781 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2019 - 11:36 AM

Damn, now y'all are making me hungry :)

• Skywatcher likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!