• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 theshado

theshado

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 05:43 AM

When you guys do lemon/lime Tek, do you use hot tea or just the lemon?

Do you drink the sludge or leave it be? I see many descriptions of using filters/tea bags and such but wonder if I’m leaving out the stuff where all the magic is?

Lastly, do you down it all quickly or sip at it slowly? I find I have a bit, wait to see where it gets me, then have some more. That said, on 3G golden teachers, it doesn’t seem to hit me the way everyone describes it should! So either sipping over time doesn’t increase the potency, or I am making this all wrong and need to drink the sludge!

I’ve opted to leave it all in there l, drink the Floaties but not the sludge.

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thx!

#2 Nicked

Nicked

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 159 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 October 2019 - 06:02 AM

When you guys do lemon/lime Tek, do you use hot tea or just the lemon?

Do you drink the sludge or leave it be? I see many descriptions of using filters/tea bags and such but wonder if I’m leaving out the stuff where all the magic is?

Lastly, do you down it all quickly or sip at it slowly? I find I have a bit, wait to see where it gets me, then have some more. That said, on 3G golden teachers, it doesn’t seem to hit me the way everyone describes it should! So either sipping over time doesn’t increase the potency, or I am making this all wrong and need to drink the sludge!

I’ve opted to leave it all in there l, drink the Floaties but not the sludge.

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thx!

I've used the following recipe twice and I find it amazing!!!

I found it on here but can't quite remember who originally posted it. Think it may have been TVCasualty

1-grind up your mushroom dose into your mug

2-squeeze 1xlime/half a lemon (i've used limes only and they're great and tasty) into the mug

3-steep mixture for ~20mins

4-add teabag (in SA we have rooibos tea which is delicious and caffeine free...I like to use that) and freshly boiled water

5-add honey to taste (i add a big teaspoon)

6-steep for 5mins

7-strain and drink the delicious mushroom juice

I find it hits quick and you should feel it in 15mins. Lasted basically 4hrs on the dot and you return back to normal quite quickly. That's likely dependent on species too though and I should note that I've been taking Psilocybe cyanescens...

Hope this helps and your lime/lemon tea adventures are awesome 

Edit - to answer some of your questions - I don't think drinking the sludge will add anything. I think the timing of the above recipe really extracts all the good stuff. The tea tastes great and I down it in a couple big sips before buckling up and enjoying the ride...my dose of 2.2g P. cyanescens I think is the equivalent of around 4g of cubes but that is likely highly variable so probably best as a guideline

Edited by Nicked, 01 October 2019 - 06:06 AM.

• crazy1 likes this

#3 theshado

theshado

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 03:30 PM

Thanks Nicked! I think what I need to be doing is drinking it faster and stop being such a coward. It’s lasting more than 4 hours what I’m doing, but it’s also taking more than an hour to drink it all trying to slow the come up to a comfortable level. Maybe I’ll drop from a generous 3G (my scale doesn’t do decimals... lol) to a generous 1 or low 2 and man up.
  • Nicked likes this

#4 Nicked

Nicked

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 159 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2019 - 12:18 AM

Thanks Nicked! I think what I need to be doing is drinking it faster and stop being such a coward. It’s lasting more than 4 hours what I’m doing, but it’s also taking more than an hour to drink it all trying to slow the come up to a comfortable level. Maybe I’ll drop from a generous 3G (my scale doesn’t do decimals... lol) to a generous 1 or low 2 and man up.

Yeah the drinking it slowly probably reduces the effects a little and likely prolongs the trip. Another post I read is that usually the initial dose that you take determines the strength and anything after that just makes you trip longer. So that's likely what's happening with the tea... Hopefully the new recipe makes it easier to drink and you get what you're after. Probably wiser to be cautious than over zealous with mushrooms tbh

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

#5 Thirdeyeplants

Thirdeyeplants

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 05:33 AM

My favorite is cracker dry, crumbled in a small jar, cover with fresh squeezed lime juice, then I sprinkle a little cane sugar over the top. Then I like to let it sit while I take a nice warm shower, then I add a couple ounces of water and a dash of maraschino cherry juice and knock back the whole thing chunks and all. I have never been let down, and if you ask me it tastes amazing. 15-20 minutes later and things should start kicking off...
  • Oneyedraven likes this

#6 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,509 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:15 PM

I do tea, or lime. Its really two different teks. With lime/lemon, I use fresh lime juice, let it sit 20 minutes, toss it back and chase with beer.

Tea needs a good long cook, 30 minutes or longer at a low boil/simmer. Probably doesn't matter much is you're consuming the whole works, but part of the point of the tea is not consuming the material. I add honey to either to mask a bit of the ass flavor.
  • elunicotomas likes this

#7 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 433 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:22 PM

I have been making tea lately simmer thirty mins to an hour until it reduces quite a lot and then I make a separate cup of black tea remove the tea bag and add the reduced mushroom water to my mug. Haven’t tried lemon tek yet but have thought about it infrequently.

Edit: is the lemon tek make the trip more enjoyable with equal parts mushroom per, or is it just really help with come up and ease of undesirable symptoms?

Edited by DarkNchildlike, 03 October 2019 - 10:29 PM.

#8 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,509 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:33 PM

Lemon(or lime) gives you a fast ride up. Some think it enhances the trip. Most undesirable effects will remain if you're consuming the mushroom material.
  • elunicotomas likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!