#61 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,656 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:53 PM

We had 22 dead gray whales spotted here (in the pacific around southern Alaska) this year.  They found 7 dead on the 4th of July alone.

• MsBehavin420 likes this

#62 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,944 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:39 PM

cause of the whales' death?

back on topic:

[Direct Link]

this is what we have to be resolute about not letting happen

letting the perfect be the enemy of the good

meaning - resorting to hate when we encounter resistance to our pet ideas

most likely none of us has the whole answer or perfect understanding

chaos, deceit, agendas all conspire to cloud

yes, we try to understand and act

but if one of us is burnt in the process we're all diminished. karma permits much but washes all. (pharmer copyright)

frankly I'd rather people spend their energies correctly identifying those who would deceive, generate and exploit chaos, and conspire to dominate and calling them out

Edited by pharmer, 07 October 2019 - 11:50 PM.

• Coopdog and flashingrooster like this

#63 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:26 AM

We had 22 dead gray whales spotted here (in the pacific around southern Alaska) this year. They found 7 dead on the 4th of July alone.

i dont keep count but we had one every week this summer all within the 50 mile stretch of beach.
we get the south current off the coast here. So we have maco, hammerheads, great whites, tuna but the whales they get the worst.

Do you guys have a reason (besides Fukushima and boat) for why so many are turning to beach themselves?
im kinda dying to see one explode, from afar
  • Coopdog likes this

#64 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,667 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 October 2019 - 09:45 AM

[Direct Link]

#65 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,944 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:33 AM

:rolleyes: :sleep:

what's the downside?

coercion enforced with threats and jail

it's always the downside

if it can't be sold voluntarily it ain't worth having

that said, if it can be done voluntarily by all means let's clean this mess up

and to satisfy the mob - yes I hate Greta for her vagina and her brain. it's the only possible explanation for a dissent to her "position" and mentioning that her delivery is a bit edgy

Edited by pharmer, 08 October 2019 - 10:38 AM.

#66 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,656 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 October 2019 - 02:09 PM

cause of the whales' death?

Unknown, at least at the time.  If they have come up with something lately it hasn't been published where I could find it.

#67 GORF

GORF

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:10 PM

In the decades that preceded Fukushima it was blamed on the proliferation of sonar bouys. Supposed to have deafened them and prevented them from finding enough food, or brain damage. I heard both theories being bandied about
  • Juthro likes this

#68 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,944 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:16 PM

you'd think there's a lot of money at hand for autopsies and getting to the bottom of this

disease should be fairly easy to diagnose

as would physical abnormalities

seems curious that a single species, or that family of mammals, is so prone to beaching themselves

or do others do it and just not get the same level of attention?

• Juthro likes this

#69 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,944 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:41 PM

Why are you so red-hot emotional on this issue? I can see your forehead turning red from here.

It's actually not, since I don't have nor plan to have kids. It's more exasperated bafflement than rage.

It's real hard to wake someone up when they're passed out on narcotics, whether they are opiates, opioids, or rhetorical. And a hell of a lot of people are still asleep when it's arguably a rather important time to wake up and pay attention. So some stridency and volume is arguably justified. It's like if you find someone sleeping on railroad tracks when a train is coming; do you care if you piss them off by waking them up (or attempting to, anyway)? Ms. Thunberg obviously doesn't, and I don't either.

The thing about being an "alarmist" that people who criticize alarmists seem to forget is that sounding the alarm is only relevant or useful if it's done before the damage has occurred. Anyone can point out our colossal fuckups in retrospect, but that won't do anyone any good.

found this quote today, same idea different author

having to do with a play about C.S. Lewis called "Shadowlands"

….pain is God’s megaphone to rouse a deaf world. Why must it be pain? Why can’t he rouse us more gently, with violins or laughter? Because the dream from which we must be wakened, is the dream that all is well.

• crazy1, Tenderfoot and Juthro like this

#70 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 05:34 AM

Great quote there Pharmer. 

#71 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,667 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:21 AM

A great hero of mine in science and environmentalism was Viktor Schauberger.  As early as the 1920s he was working to improve technologies in making them more suited to conforming with nature and warning of the destructive nature of breaking down of natural systems for energy and work, and especially a ravenous forestry.  In 1936 he told these things to Hitler personally, only to be attacked by the top German scientists.  To these attacks he replied:

They call me deranged. The hope is that they are right! It is of no greater or lesser import for yet another fool to wander this Earth. But if I am right and science is wrong, then may the Lord God have mercy on mankind!

Another quote:

Unfortunately, catastrophes or scandalous disclosures always have to happen before humanity realizes that it is only its own mistakes that have led it into misfortune. These are all the more difficult to rectify, because in the main they have been made by the authorities, who will not commit suicide themselves, but in order to save their own skins, they would rather that all Life should perish before they acknowledge their errors.

~Viktor Schauberger  (1885 -1958)

Edited by Alder Logs, 09 October 2019 - 11:36 AM.

• crazy1 and flashingrooster like this

#72 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 259 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:54 PM

I know it's not the same thing, but I still think people have a bad taste in their mouths from y2k

• onediadem and MsBehavin420 like this

#73 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 05:24 PM

Aah. Yes the dont believe the hype folk
  • Tenderfoot likes this

#74 Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot

{{{{{ + }}}}}

• OG VIP
  • 784 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2019 - 07:43 AM

Hitler+hugs+a+young+girl.jpg

• MsBehavin420 and Oneyedraven like this

#75 newmoon

newmoon

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 04:23 PM

Biodiversity and ecological resilience are collapsing as the world warms and we continue to poison the land, air and water; in my experience working in research in an environmental science, what Thunberg is saying is actually a lot more mild than what most scientists in the field would say in private. Keep in mind that the IPCC report (and other public statements) are almost always conservative and cautious...

• crazy1 and Juthro like this

#76 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 259 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:09 PM

But seriously alder has it on the head. We are a reactionary society that deals with things after they happen. To be realistic about the targets set we have to make drastic changes to our life styles. Less consumption of energy. So ya that might mean less iphone screen time and no more trips down to seven eleven in the car for a soda.  Right now everyone is looking at each other going. Ya you first

#77 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 879 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:52 PM

I know nothin'. 

Edited by Guy1298, 11 October 2019 - 07:54 PM.

• onediadem, Juthro and MsBehavin420 like this

#78 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,656 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2019 - 09:32 PM

I know nothin'. 

(I hope you dont mind, Guy, but I thought it needed the vid :)

[Direct Link]

• onediadem, crazy1, MsBehavin420 and 1 other like this

#79 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,382 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2019 - 09:39 PM

LOL, my dad used to watch that show. I never understood the attraction.

• Juthro likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!