• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Benredbeard

Benredbeard

Mycophiliac

• Black VIP
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 07:24 PM

With fall comes the season of fitting all the damned house plants indoors again. It turns out I have a 4x4 grow tent in storage, and now with the mushrooms thing I'm considering combining fruiting tent and orchids/tropicals, humidity-lovers.

I understand that if I'm a little tardy on the oyster harvest they'll get all spored up. But any other reason this might be a bad idea? The plants are on stainless shelving with T5 grow light banks which will be plenty for the mushrooms.
  • coorsmikey likes this

#2 Smi7lo

Smi7lo

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 07:29 PM

Currently doing a similar thing. Combo grow. One thing I've noticed is the humidity is crazy high and which is great for tropicals but normal house plants it's too much. That's what I've got so far...

#3 Thacan

Thacan

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 06:55 AM

Good question. I was thinking about trying this as well with a slight twist and using two tents with the mushroom tent exhausting to the plant tent.

#4 Smi7lo

Smi7lo

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:58 PM

One thing that I've noticed, and I don't know if it's terribly important, but the mushrooms give off heat. This time of year it's fine, but I wonder if it would out weigh the benefits of the co2 production. Guess that's something to look into next year

#5 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,463 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2019 - 03:08 PM

Trich loves soils... Mixing plants and mushrooms would be cool but you are going to find it difficult to manage without higher than typical contamination rates.

#6 Smi7lo

Smi7lo

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 03:41 PM

I'm not running soil. Coco, Verm, gypsum, rockdust, and liquid fertilizers. Also running ro water. I don't believe any of that would cause contamination.

#7 Benredbeard

Benredbeard

Mycophiliac

• Black VIP
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:32 PM

I hadn't considered that P-Jam. I think it's not so much that sterile media would introduce, so much as harbor trich (which is nearly ubiquitous in our environment at low levels).

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!