scubasteve1472

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 07:34 AM

Hey everybody!

So got this here 64 qt tub going. before you say anything:

1. I know there is no polyfill
2. I know I didn’t follow the mono tub tek I used word for word, but I’m just asking about what’s pictured
3. This is 3 2-pint jars of 5 grain spawn mixed with 5 pounds of sub (coco coir etc sub from Midwestern company on eBay search for it for details, and a layer of verm mixed on top

It’s been five days since it was assembled. I added the verm on after 3 days because I saw the white fuzzies already. Bad move? Regardless, what should I do with it in this state? The fuzzies are flourishing... but is it reading for fruiting? Thank you! Pardon my corner cutting.. got anxious and sorta winging it now

Attached Thumbnails

• A3F3BC3A-F5D8-470C-A7D8-E797AA46B7FA.jpeg
  • 4EF20415-D763-4128-8661-B92E075944C1.jpeg
  • 2D331FE5-5E88-477B-A3EB-5200C9B22A6A.jpeg

#2 Rac3k

Rac3k

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 10:44 AM

i dont know why u didnt do a proper mono tub, but probaby u will still get some shrooms, 5 days is still early

mist it well ,... and fan manually a few times a day

also leave the lid on lose or upsidedown so it gets some air exchange from there

Edited by Rac3k, 04 October 2019 - 10:45 AM.

#3 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,463 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 October 2019 - 10:58 AM

There seems to be a corner, bottom left, that is not fully colonized so you may have a little more of a wait. Besides that, everything looks pretty good. The verm casing layer was likely not needed with a bulk substrate but some people like to case. Once I use a ratio of close to 1:1 spawn to substrate and I typically start seeing fruits around 2 weeks after I have spawned. You have at least another week before you will see anything and maybe a little longer if it is not quite fully colonized.

If you are asking whether you should put it in fruiting conditions or not... When I mix my spawn and sub, they go straight to the shelf next to ones that are already fruiting... Unless you are using a martha or similar, I don't really see a need for differentiating between fruiting conditions and colonization... You can start giving that sucker light whenever you want and it will start fruiting once it has fully colonized.

#4 scubasteve1472

scubasteve1472

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 01:37 PM

Word thanks PJammer, that’s what I was hoping would work/ be the case. I didn’t do a super proper monotub because of running into time/money constraints, + I’ve already had a good yield this year so I don’t mind doing an experiment in bare bones cultivation.

Cheers! I will check back with updated pics

#5 scubasteve1472

scubasteve1472

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:16 PM

Ayyy I told ya! 10 days since the spawn and sub were mixed and would ya look at me now. Knock on wood, but it's looking like there will be success with both of my grows this season without the use of polyfill on my chamber/tub. Is my place just really clean or am I just really lucky? Anyway, quite excited to see such abundance of pins in such little time. Anyone have a fun estimate of how long until harvest at this rate? These are some Brazilians making their way into this bad world. I'm excited.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0991.JPG

#6 SacredMountain

SacredMountain

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 08:31 PM

Ayyy I told ya! 10 days since the spawn and sub were mixed and would ya look at me now. Knock on wood, but it's looking like there will be success with both of my grows this season without the use of polyfill on my chamber/tub. Is my place just really clean or am I just really lucky? Anyway, quite excited to see such abundance of pins in such little time. Anyone have a fun estimate of how long until harvest at this rate? These are some Brazilians making their way into this bad world. I'm excited.

No polyfill... does that mean open holes or no holes?

SM

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!