• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Randys67

Randys67

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 07:32 AM

I am in the process of growing some other varieties, but have stuck to Golden Teacher for past couple of months.  Have ordered spores from 3 different highly rated places.  The results seem to be disappointing, with all of them. 

3.5 grams to 4 grams really don't give much of anything as far as taking them.

Is it Golden Teacher or is it me?  

thanks,

• Soliver likes this

#2 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:34 AM

It could be the mushrooms, or...
It could be that you have a high threshold and just need to take more than average. Do you have any experience taking shrooms before these? Do you take any medication? SSRI’s can greatly reduce the effects.
  • Randys67 likes this

#3 Randys67

Randys67

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 10:31 AM

It could be the mushrooms, or...
It could be that you have a high threshold and just need to take more than average. Do you have any experience taking shrooms before these? Do you take any medication? SSRI’s can greatly reduce the effects.

When I was young, I did take a lot of low to moderate dose LSD and do take an ssri.  I will just try larger amounts, it really must be me, I agree with you.  I just don't hear much about "bunk" GT on here.  I now have a good mycelium crop growing in spawn bags and jars of PE, APE, Treasure Island and B+ with a couple of jars of GT almost ready.   Thanks for that, gotta be me

#4 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,265 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 October 2019 - 09:22 PM

If you're growing with multi-spore?  Who knows.  Luck of the draw all around.

GTs are super-easy to grow, are insanely contam resistant, and a lot of fun to have around for the beginner,

but the potency has always sucked in low-dose situations in my experience.  And forget about long-term

storage.  I'm convinced they're a Hi-psiolocin strain = eat 'em fresh or very soon after drying.  After a few months

in a sack, GTs are for shit (again, in my experience - could be the substrain ... one never knows).

For what it's worth,

:)

soliver

#5 Stroker

Stroker

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:13 PM

If you take an ssri like myself, you will have to bump that dose up significantly.
  • Soliver and Maddmyco like this

#6 Randys67

Randys67

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:08 AM

If you take an ssri like myself, you will have to bump that dose up significantly.

How much?

#7 Stroker

Stroker

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:30 AM

I would double it and go from there.

#8 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,265 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:21 PM

My SSRI pals abstain from said meds one - or better two - days before eating shrooms. 

Serotonin syndrome is real, but beyond that, you'll have better results.

:)

soliver

#9 Stroker

Stroker

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:34 PM

I can go one day without my med, day two I'm feeling not so well. So I don't take my med the night before I plan to trip. I usually take it once the rides over.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!