#21 Nicked

Nicked

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 01:56 PM

You're welcome! But I totally stole that preheat idea from someone else :D

Oh, one more thing...

I haven't done this myself, but I am about to try it. It's an idea I heard about from jakeoncid that at least sounds plausible.

He waits 5 days before before using his pasteurized bulk. The idea here being that waiting allows the beneficial microbes
to recover a bit from the pasteurization process.

If anyone has heard of this or something similar, I'd love to get more details. Anyway, I am making up a batch of sub today, so this
will be my first time waiting more than a day or two before spawning.

Good luck with your efforts, Nicked! Keep us posted.

Haha, well thanks for passing it on!

The recovery waiting period sounds interesting. Wouldn't they recover regardless while the spawn is colonising the sub though seeing as it takes a while to colonize? Also, as a scientist I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out how the benefits of waiting could be measured...
I'll certainly update on my efforts. It will all happen next weekend and I'm quite excited to throw myself into by far my biggest attempted grow. Let's hope all my research makes this work out well.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
  • coorsmikey and peacefrog like this

#22 Asura

Asura

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 131 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 October 2019 - 02:49 PM

Again, I stole the waiting idea, too. I steal quite a bit haha.

It just sounded interesting to me. My thought is that by waiting it would

initially be more contam resistant at spawn time. This is definitely one of those things that

"sounds good on paper" to me, but I have no idea to its validity. I am going to try it though.

I know jake does this with his pan cyan substrate and as far as I know he usually gets 3 flushes before any

signs of contams. I typically grow by direct inoculation so this will be my first test of the method.

• Nicked likes this

#23 Nicked

Nicked

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 02:55 PM

Well there's something measurable in that then. Probably worth looking into at some point. Could be a cool experiment. Now to find the time. Oh, wait. I gotto actuly learn how to grow mushrooms properly first... Still, I'll keep that in the back of my mind and perhaps look into it at some point.

#24 Nicked

Nicked

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 02:56 PM

Oh, and let's not call it stealing. I think sharing is a much better way of describing the generous passing on of knowledge. Thank you for sharing

#25 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,501 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:33 PM

As someone who is a member of both sites, my view is that this site is more like a small town I went to in Montana recently. EVERYONE was super-friendly.

Brother! You should have said something! We could have hung out, hunted, fished, SUP boarded, hit the breweries, Bon fire. Whatever. I probably saw you and bumped into  you while you were here. I hope I was one that contributed to the vibe you got/get.

• peacefrog, Asura and Nicked like this

#26 Asura

Asura

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 131 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 October 2019 - 09:57 PM

Mikey, you live in Montana? You lucky bastard. I love that place. I went backpacking in The Bob for 7 days. It was my second time going.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!