• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Nitzguycommand

Nitzguycommand

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 08:32 AM

Ok thank you so much you are the man and haoy thank giving to you and to all. Lol

#22 Nitzguycommand

Nitzguycommand

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 09:54 AM

Hope it lives I think I might not be watering it enuf

#23 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,689 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 October 2019 - 12:15 PM

You ARE watering it to much! That is what caused the rot in the first place. Much different to the way we think with most plants, watering at the sign of any stress does not end well with Loph's. Stop watering until they recover. And then only water after the roots have had time to re-establish and acclimate to the new soil. If they survive this transition, you will be better served to underwater than overwater. Like Sky mentioned, very little (like drops) to no water in the cooler months. Warmer months will require more watering like once a week or even once a month to give an idea of how little water they need. After murdering several Loph's myself with over- watering I have adopted a rule for watering. Once a month in the summer, but when I see they are actively growing larger or flowering I can step up the frequency of how often I water. Always let the soil dry completely after a watering. Never water them more than it will take the soil to dry completely out within 24 hours. Forget everything you know about caring for houseplants or gardening when caring for your Loph's.

Good grow vibes to your new family additions. I hope you have many decades ahead with many pups!

Edited by coorsmikey, 15 October 2019 - 12:57 AM.

• Sidestreet and Skywatcher like this

#24 Nitzguycommand

Nitzguycommand

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 08:06 PM

What about a baby cactus how much should I water once a week

#25 Nitzguycommand

Nitzguycommand

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 09:09 PM

To bad you couldn't tap them like A maple tree lol

#26 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,689 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 October 2019 - 12:55 AM

What about a baby cactus how much should I water once a week

Sky mention that too above. Newly germinated  that haven't been hardened off need high humidity and wet (often sterile) soil for several months. With Loph's especially size is not and indicator of whether its a baby. I have several that are pea sized that have been hardened, the would surely rot if I over watered them

• Skywatcher likes this

#27 Nitzguycommand

Nitzguycommand

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 04:25 PM

Thanks currently trying I'm not to patent LOL!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!