• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Furthur1

Furthur1

Mycotopiate

• Banned Member
  • 441 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 05:18 AM

well, these replys has been phenomenal, hat is tipped to everyone for all the information. i am actually coming off drugs, its been about a month since i have done anything except for kratom, even stopped smoking weed. the past 2-3  years have been a blur and honestly, im surprised i made it through alive. i made it through and im done, over. that above post wasnt really all that sarcastic, i was using loads and loads of drugs, daily. people continue to call me daily for the hook up but i been refusing them, they will get the picture. my lack of energy is probably from the severe drug abuse, the coca leaves might not help, sheese, thats if they even make it. im not gonna lie, i want them. 

im going back to being organic, i used to do coke like crazy, stopped for 7-8 years then picked it up and went even harder. im going back to when it was just weed, now i have kratom to help as well.

thanks for all the input everyone, i like the idea of exercise, 21 days huh, sounds like the start to a good addiction 

Edited by Furthur1, 18 October 2019 - 05:18 AM.

• Sidestreet, Alder Logs, Moonless and 2 others like this

#22 Furthur1

Furthur1

Mycotopiate

• Banned Member
  • 441 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:01 AM

Has anyone ever tried that Khat stuff that the middle Eastern guys chew on?  If you ever saw that movie Dirty Pretty Things?  That is the stuff the guy is always chewing on so he can work his several jobs.  I've always wondered about that stuff.

i have heard of it, always wanted to try it

#23 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,596 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 October 2019 - 05:09 AM

I've quit things in the past and I remember it taking several months until I really felt normal again.  It will just take some time.  Here again, some regular exercise will really help, even if it's just a little.  If you can take a good walk a few times a week it would make a difference.

Also, I don't know what you're used to eating but taking a look at your diet can help too.  A variety of fresh veggies would be great.

• Juthro, Furthur1, Moonless and 1 other like this

#24 Furthur1

Furthur1

Mycotopiate

• Banned Member
  • 441 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 07:02 AM

i been eating everything in sight, i always did try to eat healthy, even though i lost about 15 lbs last summer im sure i will pack it back on in no time. it is annoying none of my pants fit

• Sidestreet likes this

#25 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,272 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 October 2019 - 03:28 PM

Khat in the US is a freakin' Unihorn from what I can tell ... either way, it's organic meth and not a good addition for someone coming of a coke lifestyle.

Exercise, on the other hand?  The bomb.  I'd suggest weight training.  You don't need a gym even, just a variety of dumbbells - 20lbs are great starter weights, or you can score the adjustable ones.  Military press, incline press, flat bench press, curls, hammer curls, situps, pullups (you can find somewhere to pullup, right?) squats, lunges, and toe thrusts - that's all you need to start.  Hit that 3x / week and look at yourself in a mirror 3 weeks later.  Then you're hooked.  Start wicked-wuss small and work up - it's really therapeutic ... and helps work out any foreign substances...

:)

soliver

• Sidestreet, Juthro and Oneyedraven like this

#26 Auxin

Auxin

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:11 PM

If you can get a barbell dont forget the hip thrusts. It just shreds your ass, lol.

Dont start under 135 lbs, and use a bar pad.

#27 Furthur1

Furthur1

Mycotopiate

• Banned Member
  • 441 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 05:33 PM

I don't think I will be hitting the weights, both my shoulders are shot. One just went bad from laboring in the construction field, I recently just seperated my shoulder and fracture my c7 vertabre.

Got a doctor's appointment for it tomorrow, the last time I went they cut me 90 Percocet 5s, muscle relaxers and lodine tablets. I took 2 Lodine tabs and 3 muscle relaxers today and my neck is still killing me, I'm not gonna lie, if they ask me if I want more Percocet, I'm gonna take em

#28 Furthur1

Furthur1

Mycotopiate

• Banned Member
  • 441 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 05:34 PM

Khat sounds pretty hardcore.

#29 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,490 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 October 2019 - 08:12 PM

Go to a Brazilian jiu jitsu class.

On edit: missed that you "fractured your c7". Is this literal?

Weight training intelligently can actually rebuild your spine issues (not recommended without expert advice). It's hard work though so most people aren't up for it. Brian Carrol set world power lifting records after he fractured his sacrum and had multiple disc herniations (and no surgery).

With regard to effect, personal value, ability of continued access and importance for health, not much better you can do for "increased energy" than weight training, exercise, etc.

Edited by August West, 21 October 2019 - 10:50 PM.

• Sidestreet, coorsmikey and Furthur1 like this

#30 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,872 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 October 2019 - 09:47 PM

I am sticking to my 588 reps (49 X 12) two or three times per day.  I have been doing other exercises my Chinese medicine, martial arts doc showed me too.  I know it's making the meat on my bones tougher than ever.  If Sol eats me, I want to be sure he doesn't enjoy it.

Edited by Alder Logs, 21 October 2019 - 09:48 PM.

• Soliver, Juthro, Oneyedraven and 1 other like this

#31 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,872 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 October 2019 - 03:18 PM

My doc advises against weight work and body building.  He likes to say there are no old body builders.   When I started with him four years ago after a precipitous weight loss and a diagnosis of Lyme's, I was in shit for shape.  Pretty much weak as a kitten.  Under his regime of QiGong and a very restrictive diet, I am feeling better than in decades now.  The QiGong series I do has many elements of isometrics, where tension of muscle to muscle is in play.  The doc likes this series because, as he says, it brings stimulation to all the acupuncture meridians and brings healing forces to all the organs.    It's a full body tuneup. 

I have literally been able to see my body changing.  My upper body and arms are really muscling up, but these look like swimmer muscles, not weight lifter muscles.  Because the forms include a conscious abdominal breathing (changing my regular breathing habits), I can see I am developing six pack abs. 

When I first got my rep count up, I found I couldn't do the reps just before bed, as I would be totally wired.  That effect has passed, as I have been at my maximum of 49 reps per individual form for some time now.   With weights, one usually does one session, three times per week, to let the overworked muscles repair, and that's how weight work builds muscles.  With the muscles working against each other, you control the level of tension.  Doing it every day, I can tell when I have been overdoing it on particular muscles, and will reduce the tension on those parts until they are again up to the task. 

Anyway, feeling great has become my meter, and though getting into both the exercise regime and the diet was tough for me, I have become a true believer.  My doc told me one day that he will not go on facebook and look at the pictures of his family because he can't stand to see them looking so unhealthy.  At my three year assessment last year, where my doc measured strength and mobility in about a zillion ways, he said my body was "getting younger."  My massage lady who I see every two weeks told me that she is telling her other clients about the changes she's seen in my musculature, and recommending they look into what I am doing. 

• Sidestreet, coorsmikey, Tenderfoot and 2 others like this

#32 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,490 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 October 2019 - 05:12 PM

You're gaining muscle mass through your isometric exercises, no? Sounds like body building.

As your own regimen points out, one doesn't have to be a Mr. Olympia contestant to weight train and build muscle mass. There is virtually no research that would recommend against building muscle mass (and generally, hence, bone density). There are many ways to achieve this.

• Sidestreet, Soliver and Juthro like this

#33 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,872 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 October 2019 - 09:52 PM

Well, there would be body building and body building.  I once did the three sessions a week thing, and the idea was to get one of those bodies, you know, beef cake.    I quit because the guy I worked out with was a drunk who soon stopped showing up.  I didn't like working out alone.  Wanted someone to BS with.  With the regime I am on now, I finally made the breakthrough to where I want to do it, though I usually will do it while watching a video or movie, or listening to a lecture or satsang.

#34 FunG

FunG

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 07:30 PM

Furthur1, be ever so thankful you're not hooked on meth..... I've been looking for alternatives to counter the fatigue during my off time also known as (to broke to buy anymore time)

A legal stimulant that is made by fungi is called kombucha tea, that has a kick to it but have yet to try it to ease methanphatmine withdraw.

Another (not so legal) stimulant is called khat ....popular in the Somali community, it's a twig that you chew and has effects similar to cocaine. Not sure how easy it would be to find since it's a banned horticultural import.
I wouldn't mind trying it myself

The 3rd is a medication called wellbutrin, it's used to increase dopamine and treat ADHD, my dr recommended it today to ease the meth withdraw side effects since I'm so fatigued I can barely get up to look for work let alone hold s job....

Never say a notoriously addicting drug will not addict you....worst decision I ever had was to try meth.
  • Furthur1 likes this

#35 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 418 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 09:06 PM

There are so many very intelligent people here,. Let’s forget this is a mushroom forum for a second and just give ourselves a big heavy handed pat on the back for creating such a place to attract this kind of like minded and insclusive supportive community. I am honored to be here.

,It takes a lot of time and A LOT of care for a person you only know through the internet to write such detailed and touching replies. I don’t really have anything to add here, I just wanted to take a moment to point out the obvious I suppose. It’s a really good thing to choose as a community to not encourage or discuss lightly the use of heavy drugs. The people who jump up and say hey, that’s not a very cool thing to talk about like it is a cool thing to talk about, (here at least) I want to clap for!
,I think it’s probably ok to talk about it the way it has been brought up by the op nothing has been done wrong or stepped over some sort of line. But people Have decided to, and discussed elsewhere in other threads and yet, always it was taken care of. Not only do these people care about the sites reputation so we all can continue to unite here. But they care about the op general health and well being get on his level and discuss alternative medicines and practical ways to get better. Fucking bravo, Mycotopia. Bravo. Honored to be here, and thank you!

Edited by DarkNchildlike, 25 October 2019 - 09:09 PM.

#36 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,490 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 October 2019 - 09:29 PM

A legal stimulant that is made by fungi is called kombucha tea, that has a kick to it but have yet to try it to ease methanphatmine withdraw.

I'm not sure this is accurate - or at least, entirely clear. Just going from Paul Stamets' work on this, he called kombucha a polyculture of at least two yeasts and bacteria. I'm not denying that yeasts and bacteria are from the Kingdom, "Fungi", but it may deserve clarification. I believe Stamets also pointed to the "novel antibiotics" found in samples, which would cast doubt on the efficacy of continuous consumption. Finally, he pointed to the concerns with contamination, especially with home brews.

...but I digress...

#37 FunG

FunG

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 10:28 PM

I'm not sure this is accurate - or at least, entirely clear. Just going from Paul Stamets' work on this, he called kombucha a polyculture of at least two yeasts and bacteria. I'm not denying that yeasts and bacteria are from the Kingdom, "Fungi", but it may deserve clarification. I believe Stamets also pointed to the "novel antibiotics" found in samples, which would cast doubt on the efficacy of continuous consumption. Finally, he pointed to the concerns with contamination, especially with home brews.

...but I digress...

My knowledge of kombucha manufacturing is extremely limited. I wasnt saying for op to make his own (although it would be a fun hobby) but he could buy the pre-brew kombucha drinks called "rise" just not sure who sells them besides a local ma and pa deli franchise but they are commercially available and they do provide a energy boost similar to red bull but much better for you.

Taking a multi vitamin in the morning is another easy way to get a energy boost, eating a bowl of vector serial or eating healthier in general will work for anyone that's not drug dependent, if its fatigue being brought on by stimulant use like meth,coke then welbutrin is the answer for that...I cant wait for my dr to write me the prescription.
  • Furthur1 likes this

#38 JimBrown257

JimBrown257

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 05:51 PM

Wow, I never heard anybody comparing Khat to anything like meth.  I never tried it, or heard any first hand experiences about it.  But it always seemed more like a strong cup of coffee with a splash of brandy in it.  Those middle eastern dudes sitting around chewing it definitely didn't give off any meth-head vibe.  I live in Michigan not too far from Dearborn which has one of the largest Middle Eastern populations in the country.  I never heard of any Khat related crimes.

And someone mentioned Wellbutrin.   I think about 12 years ago, whoever makes WB made a big PR campaign where they got the doctors to prescribe it for basically anything.  So like many people, I got prescribed Wellbutrin at one point.  The first few times I took it, I got a little jolt of energy and thought I had a great new drug.  But after taking it a few times the jolt didn't come in.  Like most drugs that are prescribed for a suspicious range of things, I think it is pretty much just a placebo.

• coorsmikey, Furthur1 and FunG like this

#39 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,789 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 October 2019 - 07:24 PM

I've never used Khat, but from what I've read its alkaloids work in a manner very similar to amphetamines, though not as strong.

It is not something that I would suggest to someone as an aid to kick a stimulants habit.

Abstract

The chewing of leaves of the khat shrub is common in certain countries of East Africa and the Arabian peninsula, and many khat users are subject to psychic dependence on the drug. The syndrome observed after khat consumption is characterized by a certain degree of CNS stimulation and by sympathomimetic effects; it is reminiscent of that induced by amphetamine.

Recently, the alkaloid (-)-cathinone has been isolated from khat leaves and this substance produces effects in animals that are analogous to those of (+)-amphetamine and that correlate well with the effects observed in humans after khat consumption. Furthermore, it has been shown that (-)-cathinone acts by the same mechanism as (+)-amphetamine, i.e., by inducing release at physiological catecholamine storage sites. Taken together, these studies indicate that khat must be considered an amphetamine-like material.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2536214/

• Furthur1 likes this

#40 FunG

FunG

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 07:38 PM

Wow, I never heard anybody comparing Khat to anything like meth. I never tried it, or heard any first hand experiences about it. But it always seemed more like a strong cup of coffee with a splash of brandy in it. Those middle eastern dudes sitting around chewing it definitely didn't give off any meth-head vibe. I live in Michigan not too far from Dearborn which has one of the largest Middle Eastern populations in the country. I never heard of any Khat related crimes.

And someone mentioned Wellbutrin. I think about 12 years ago, whoever makes WB made a big PR campaign where they got the doctors to prescribe it for basically anything. So like many people, I got prescribed Wellbutrin at one point. The first few times I took it, I got a little jolt of energy and thought I had a great new drug. But after taking it a few times the jolt didn't come in. Like most drugs that are prescribed for a suspicious range of things, I think it is pretty much just a placebo.

It's the initial adjustment period where you feel the increase in dopamine, after your on the medication the dopamine levels remain unphased but that's what helps with the fatigue, just like meth....after you use meth for so long you dont get the euphoric high anymore because the dopamine is depleted, then you get fatigued as all hell while it replenishes but then comes the urge to use again which depletes the dopamine all over again.... it's a hard to break vicious cycle of self destruction.... I almost got shot to death because I used a bad batch, went insane and police allege i took hostages because of my living arrangements being shared accommodations at the time.

They weren't fucking around with Me when they took the door down with a battering ram and three heavily armored and armed swat members burst in with semi-automatic assault rifles gunning me down.... I figure my lead pipe was a gross mismatch for a violent confrontation lol
  • Furthur1 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!