Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

When to harvest this beauty? Does it look ready?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 NatureIsMagic

NatureIsMagic

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 12:39 PM

It's very small, something ate the most of it. There's one big bud, I'm not sure if it's good to go. Also, the smaller buds kinda look like male ones, but I'm not sure, because it looks like there are trichomes. Another question, can I just harvest the big ones and leave the little ones to grow some more?

Attached Thumbnails

• 20191015_161413.jpg
  • 20191015_161434.jpg
  • 20191015_161607.jpg
  • 20191015_161653.jpg

#2 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,631 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 October 2019 - 02:52 PM

I only looked at the first photo but it doesn't look anywhere near ready... Take a magnifying glass and wait for the crystals to start looking foggy... There should be a mix of foggy and amber crystals when its ready...

Buds shrink TONS when they have been harvested... I would let that go as long as you can so it fills out a bit... They are going to shrink to nothing and likely pack little to no punch if you pull them now.

Edited by PJammer24, 15 October 2019 - 02:55 PM.

• ethnobotanist420 and NatureIsMagic like this

#3 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 447 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:47 PM

Those "male" flowers you speak of, look more like pollinated flowers forming seeds.
  • NatureIsMagic likes this

#4 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 447 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:50 PM

How ever on second look, there is forsure a male flower hiding right on top.inCollage_20191015_194923278.jpg
  • ethnobotanist420 likes this

#5 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 447 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:51 PM

Hermaphrodites are common in in feminized seed grown plants next generation.

#6 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,631 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 October 2019 - 03:30 PM

I didn't even read the part about being male and only looked at the first photo.... I am with Boebs... you have a herm it looks like and I do think he is right about seeds potentially forming... I think it is more likely seeds than male flowers due to the fact that males usually show themselves pretty early on. You see the male flowers long before serious bud production. Though... the bud production isn't all that serious...

Sorry for not reading it better from the get go... I go on here at work and the threads don't always get my full attention.

When did you plant this and where in the country are you? If this is happening presently, you planted her/it/them/him way too late in the season...

Edited by PJammer24, 16 October 2019 - 03:31 PM.

#7 NatureIsMagic

NatureIsMagic

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 03:42 PM

I did plant pretty late. I started it somewhere in may. I'm thinking about not harvesting since usually there's no frost around here. The temperature may drop to zero for a couple of hours on the coldest nights. I'll be leaving the country soon and I won't have time to dry it anyway. This way, if it survives the winter then my friend will be able to harvest it next fall. If I do harvest, it'll have only two leaves left so I guess that lowers the chance of it surviving.

#8 DocOct

DocOct

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Free Member
  • 337 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:44 PM

This is the Carlie brown Christmas tree version of bud, I hope it goes as well for you as it did for them.

Don’t forget to sing to it in a circle with your friends.
  • ethnobotanist420 and PJammer24 like this

#9 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,655 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 November 2019 - 01:42 AM

Honestly I would probably chop it down and quick dry it for a little smoke when the trichs are right... it’s Definitely a hemaphrodite and if it was me I wouldn’t keep the seeds that are forming (big chance they will herm too) and I wouldn’t try to keep it alive either because it will herm again if it manages to reveg and probably be even worse the second time it flowers.

Sorry to say it but I’d cut my losses and smoke what she gave me when she’s ready and try again with different seed next year.

Edited by ethnobotanist420, 20 November 2019 - 01:44 AM.

• Melonmuziq likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!