4 replies to this topic

#1 Aur

Aur

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 12:20 PM

Hello everybody,

I am considering trying out DMT extraction from Acacia Confusa root bark. 

There is a big offer of ACRB extract (10:1) on Alibaba, so I was wandering if anybody have experience with that product ... is it worth ordering?

Thnx!

#2 Mushinist

Mushinist

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 188 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 October 2019 - 02:53 PM

I use it all the time, and have used both acrb and mhrb but never an extract, I'll stick with the powdered root bark personally.

#3 Aur

Aur

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 01:25 AM

I know, but they only have an extract to offer. The problem is that I don't know what they extract from the acrb.

#4 Phineas_Carmichael

Phineas_Carmichael

Hooloovoo

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,947 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 02:28 AM

I vote no no no!

I just did a quick google for "Acacia Confusa extract alibaba" and probably found the listing you're looking at.

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 2.58.47 AM.png

And here's the details from further down the page

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 2.59.52 AM.png

If you want to buy a kilo or two of brown sand that might or might not contain DMT go ahead and purchase this mystery powder from China.

The Seller is is savvy to the "10:1 extract" terminology, but what does that really mean? Does that mean they did a "solvent extraction" on 10kg of bark and got 1kg of brown sand?  What solvent did they use?  What extraction protocol did they use?  If they just hit 10kg of bark with some non-polar solvent and got 1kg of powder I can pretty much guarantee there is no DMT to be found because the DMT is a salt in the bark and not soluble in non-polar solvent.

Maybe they did a real extraction, and they are actually selling kilograms of impure DMT that *might* pass through customs because it's labeled as a plant extract. I certainly wouldn't ship this across international borders to my house or the house of anyone I know if this is the case...

"Grade: Pharmaceutical/Food Grade" --->  Which one is it?  Personally, I want my pharmaceuticals to be a little more pure than my foods...

"Model Number: 100% Natural" ---> Is it 100% natural or is it an extract?  --  What the f*ck is this stuff?

"Latin Name: Acacia Confusa Root Bark" ---> That's only half Latin...

"Product Name: Acacia Confusa Extract" ---> Which is it? An Extract or Root Bark?

"Test Method: UV" ---> What?  UV-VIS spectroscopy told the seller that this is ACRB extract?  That's not how UV-VIS works...

There is also the possibility that this is just straight up ACRB powder mislabeled by Chinese exporters due to the language barrier or to increase sales or to fool customs.  Who knows?

Not worth the gamble if you ask me.  Too many red flags...

Edited by Phineas_Carmichael, 17 October 2019 - 02:30 AM.

• coorsmikey and Misfit like this

#5 Aur

Aur

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:43 AM

yes ... you wrote it good and those were my worries as well.

That is why I asked if anybody actually ordered from them.

I certainly am not going to be the first one he he

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!