Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Communal Psilocybe semperviva/hoogshagenii grow?

• Please log in to reply
613 replies to this topic

#501 Celestialexplorer1

Celestialexplorer1

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 08:07 PM

I’m on my forth plate From two prints. They’ve been giving me a lot of trouble. Think I may finally have some germination. Too soon to tell.

#502 xlcor

xlcor

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 08:52 PM

How much different from cubensis are semperviva? Are they much more potent? Are they harder/easier to grow?

#503 Jrotten

Jrotten

Rejecter of False Authority

• Gold VIP
  • 928 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 12:21 AM

If you’ve grown cubes from agar I would say they are easier. But slower. Much slower. The potency of Semperviva is off the charts. 1 dry gram is a serious dose. Not unbearable, but open eyed visuals for sure. The are very fast colonizers and extremely contamination resistant. I think most of us in this thread are still figuring them out.
  • coorsmikey and YoshiTrainer like this

#504 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 07:32 PM

Here's a pic of the Semp tray tonight--

Some of these may not be in this tray at this time tomorrow, so enjoy them while they're all together one last time :hug:

SempTray9_18.jpg

• ElPirana, makinbones69, Asura and 2 others like this

#505 Jrotten

Jrotten

• Gold VIP
  • 928 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 10:14 PM

How big is the biggest one? Height, cap? Weight?

#506 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 10:10 AM

Wish me love, my dear friends

:hug:

Semp9_19.jpg SempSize.jpg

• Jrotten, ElPirana, makinbones69 and 1 other like this

#507 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 643 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 September 2020 - 10:21 AM

Nice job coAsTaL, have fun!

#508 Arch3type

Arch3type

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 11:34 AM

Screenshot_20200919-123701_Gallery.jpg

Pic from yesterday

Edited by Arch3type, 19 September 2020 - 11:37 AM.

• ElPirana likes this

#509 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 12:46 PM

Gotta say-- not what I expected thus far. Either this is the slowest come-up ever, I'm numbed to the effects somehow, or something else-- but 2 hours in and I have only the barest of threshold effects so far. Some sedation, a little jitteryness in motor function, but very mild. Subtle closed-eye light patterns. Music sounds good, but not really altered-state special.

I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, and was kinda tired going in, but I can't believe that would nullify a strong mushroom to this degree.

Dunno, maybe I'll make some tea, eat something, and continue to meditate on life.

#510 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 571 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 September 2020 - 01:49 PM

It looks to me like your RH has been consistently too high or you’re misting too much, which may have resulted in your fruits being excessively waterlogged. 10g fresh is already a pretty low dose for this species but I think your fruits are probably not very potent due to increased water content. Try 25-30g next time, that always does the trick for me.
  • coAsTal likes this

#511 Celestialexplorer1

Celestialexplorer1

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 02:17 PM

Do these have as much as a body load as cubes do? I see the potency is about the same or slightly higher generally. I can’t wait to get these going if I can ever get a viable print.

#512 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 02:23 PM

Thank you brother-- I'll let them dry out for awhile. It's been a pretty bum day for me--

I feel awful physically-- I regret pushing the experience when I was going in so exhausted. I'm old enough to know better, I just went for the only day I've had to myself in a couple months, but all I got was sick and tired.

Hopefully this will help someone else reading someday that it's not worth it to try when they're not well rested.

I really should have waited and found another day in the weeks or months ahead. :blush:

• Jrotten and Jinroh like this

#513 Jrotten

Jrotten

• Gold VIP
  • 928 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 08:35 PM

You have the fastest flush ever. You picked them early and the mycellated grain tek says they need to age. Maybe that affected the potency?

This has been one of the questions I’ve had about the method.

To speak on potency and I can only speak for what I have grown, they are crazy potent. As in It doesn’t feel like the same stud that’s in a cube at any dose and I’ve done dumb doses of cubes. 7g produced a short but visual experience. 1g cracker dry was morphing characters on tv. Like the villains had horns and tails.
  • coAsTal likes this

#514 Jinroh

Jinroh

Captain Obvious

• OG VIP
  • 917 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 10:35 PM

Thank you brother-- I'll let them dry out for awhile. It's been a pretty bum day for me--

I feel awful physically-- I regret pushing the experience when I was going in so exhausted. I'm old enough to know better, I just went for the only day I've had to myself in a couple months, but all I got was sick and tired.

Hopefully this will help someone else reading someday that it's not worth it to try when they're not well rested.

I really should have waited and found another day in the weeks or months ahead. :blush:

I don't know about you, but when I ask myself if I am ready for an experience, myself always tells me "yes" or "no". I always regret it when I don't listen!

• coAsTal likes this

#515 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 08:54 AM

It looks to me like your RH has been consistently too high or you’re misting too much, which may have resulted in your fruits being excessively waterlogged. 10g fresh is already a pretty low dose for this species but I think your fruits are probably not very potent due to increased water content. Try 25-30g next time, that always does the trick for me.

I had noticed that you had talked about much higher weight for a dose than many others, and wondered about that-- but after seeing so many swear that it only took 1g dry for a strong experience I erred on the side of the lower. As I mentioned, I will allow FAE to increase some and will hold off on misting until it appears that the casing moisture has moderated some.

Do these have as much as a body load as cubes do? I see the potency is about the same or slightly higher generally. I can’t wait to get these going if I can ever get a viable print.

I did feel a modest body sedation, but I hesitate to use this experience as a guide since it was so mild as to barely register above baseline. I would classify the experience as a strong microdose if I were put to categorize it.

You have the fastest flush ever. You picked them early and the mycellated grain tek says they need to age. Maybe that affected the potency?

This has been one of the questions I’ve had about the method.

To speak on potency and I can only speak for what I have grown, they are crazy potent. As in It doesn’t feel like the same stud that’s in a cube at any dose and I’ve done dumb doses of cubes. 7g produced a short but visual experience. 1g cracker dry was morphing characters on tv. Like the villains had horns and tails.

I wonder if the aging factor, combined with the moisture content that DS referenced being quite high could be at play. The flesh was very tough and rubbery-- it was not easy to chew them because they were so tough.

The fruits in the Semp tray will have plenty of time to age now-- I won't likely have any time to try again for a couple of months (if that) so that question will answer itself in time.

I will say that leading up to yesterday I'd been highly optimistic that things were lined up in favor of the timing - I'd eaten very clean the full week prior (plant-based and unprocessed foods, optimal vitamin and mineral supplements) and I really felt great every day in general.

The night prior I wasn't able to get to bed until a little later than normal though, 'till around 10PM, and probably took an hour to fall asleep.

I have been waking up between 2 and 3 AM more often than not over the past 3 or 4 weeks for no discernible reason.

I've variously tried abstaining from food after work, and/or adjusting "sleep hygiene" habits to see if it helps. Those are tough to do on work days because I don't get home until 7:30 PM or so and try to get to bed before 10.

It's strange, because when I wake up it's not the "mind-racing worrying about anything" kind of waking, it's simply becoming conscious hours before I normally wake at 5 for work, and I lay there peacefully, thinking about nothing and relaxing, but not returning to sleep.

Well that happened again yesterday morning around 2 something, and I had to get up early (before 5) to go do some scheduled errands very early already, which took until around 10AM yesterday. I was indeed tired, but I felt like I was still in a good mental space-- so I made the decision to go forward. As you have all mentioned, quite correctly-- the universe told me the timing wasn't optimal, and it was right.

Onward and upward-- I appreciate you taking the time to comment and reflect on my experience, and I look forward to continuing my efforts to grow these mushrooms in anticipation of approaching them again at the right time and place. I'll share my growing efforts with the community along the way--

• Jrotten and Asura like this

#516 Asura

Asura

Cyantist

• OG VIP
  • 421 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 September 2020 - 02:56 PM

Wow, coastal, the description of your sleep patterns eerily resembles my own. The older I get, the worse it

gets, but I've been meditating solidly for almost a year now and it helps. I still wake up at all hours, but

the anxiety and mind-racing part are not there so much.

Low threshold doses are the worst. It's like let's kind of trip but then stir up a bunch of shit and have the ego

nitpick it to death. I would rather have a full on level 5 trip any day.  I did some pseudoaztecorum

grain tea about 4 months ago and it gave me severe tinnitus. The ringing in my head was so loud it was panic

inducing. It's just now getting manageable. I'll just say it...I think microdosing/low dose sucks. 

• whitethumb, Jrotten, clumsy and 2 others like this

#517 Jrotten

Jrotten

• Gold VIP
  • 928 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 11:22 PM

It depends on the setting.  I like to go to concerts, but I don't drink and pot makes me just want to sit down, there's a happy low dose in those situations that works.  But alone at home, no.  

#518 Jrotten

Jrotten

• Gold VIP
  • 928 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 10:26 PM

Even under ideal circumstances a large bag inoculated with a single wedge is probably a bad idea. When it’s not sealed right it’s doomed to failure. Unless it’s Semperviva. Putting the bags in the FC and sort of cycling then in and out every few days still has these bags colonizing. I’m a little shocked.

My clone LC’s are pretty well done, now I need some ideas for experiments. One experiment: I built a sample woodlover substrate. Coir/oak saw dust/what bran. At 80% water weight it is still light and airy even 6” deep. Because of the very high water capacity and Semperviva being sort of an omnivore, I’m thinking to try a little run in this. Maybe a smidge of coffee? My thinking is the extra water might make a longer producing substrate?

#519 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 07:52 AM

Have you ever experimented with humic/fulvic acid as an additive?

I use it in all my plant soils, and have read reports over the years about it being used (including by some real pro's) as part of the sub prep.

I want to say I've even heard of it being used in irrigation/misting before. It is like liquid carbon, and acts as a mineral/nutrient exchange optimizer of sorts.

Also, when I look at the almost clay-like muddy richness of the soils in the areas where these species are found growing so well (and big!) I am always curious to add clays to a sub, just to see what happens. I have plenty of bentonite clay powder that I use for toxin absorbtion in the gut whilst fasting. Maybe I'll add a couple spoons to my sub soaking water one day.

I'm also thinking that when we get moved into our new place I will try growing some grasses in the casing layer-- I like the idea of a nice green bioclimate that contains more than just the sub and dirt-- kind of a quasi-outdoor simulated grow.

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#520 Arch3type

Arch3type

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 07:53 AM

12 days since pins first appeared. Still letting them grow 20200922_084802.jpg
  • makinbones69, YoshiTrainer and coAsTal like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!