I have too many experiments and too many variables going on. At this point I’m testing how hard it is to kill an otherwise healthy clone culture.
The first clone experiments with wedges straight to bags of sub were too dry after bad seals. They did colonize but they didn’t consolidate if that makes sense. I opened them in the hood today. I hydrated one and put to a shoe box tote and cased. It smelled perfect, but obviously this is similar to putting a suspect tub outdoors. The second I just cut the bag, hydrated, resealed. It smelled perfect also. Same thing, since the Semperviva seemed willing to grow I had nothing to lose.
On my new clones attempts I crumbled the 180ml LC bag in a shoebox tote without opening the bag. It is by all means 100% colonized in under 5 days, but I just feel like this sub wants to hold water in a weird way. The plan is to cut the bag off and fruit like a shoebox with a liner. I kneaded the other two bags to see what they do. I still have LC and plates in the fridge. So the cultures aren’t lost if this blows up, but it would have been cool to have 3 bags do awesome despite my screwing around!
I have too many variables in all these right now. I really think the right way to proceed is to make up maybe 4 subs, hydrate just by the numbers and check them out without the bother of inoculation, then proceed from there.
Edited by Jrotten, 02 October 2020 - 09:38 PM.