Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Communal Psilocybe semperviva/hoogshagenii grow?

• Please log in to reply
669 replies to this topic

#661 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 981 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 12:00 PM

I don’t think that would hurt it. But I doubt casing and going straight to fruiting makes much difference either. Whatever you’re comfortable with after colonization. Might as well be comfortable while you wait! Lol
  • YoshiTrainer and coAsTal like this

#662 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 981 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 05:14 PM

A tale of two myco bags. One was disturbed several days ago. The other was left completely alone. At this point these are from OLD LC so we’ll see what happens. I did small bags and I’m just going to case the whole tray though it’s two different clones. They are still in the bags in there. I’m going to go with a straight peat casing that was hydrated with a ph 13 hydrated lime water then short pasteurized for a few hours.

Attached Thumbnails

• 485CD05A-7690-438E-8543-83B4E6F9BF94.jpeg

Edited by Jrotten, 20 November 2020 - 08:04 PM.

• clumsy likes this

#663 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 981 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 05:14 PM

A tale of two myco bags. One was disturbed several days ago. The other was left completely alone. At this point these are from OLD LC so we’ll see what happens. I did small bags and I’m just going to case the whole tray though it’s two different clones. They are still in the bags in there. I’m going to go with a straight peat casing that was hydrated with a ph 13 hydrated lime water then short pasteurized for a few hours.
  • Asura, YoshiTrainer and coAsTal like this

#664 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 981 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 02:18 PM

Taking out the myco trash today. Almost 50 plates I’ve held on to because I’m new to agar and didn’t know what to keep. So many Semperviva plates in there that have just sat! I’m saving two healthy looking t2 plates from the original germ and the 3 Clone plates for transfers. I’m going real basic with everything to put one fresh culture back in the fridge and grow one out as well start from my spores and Don’s genetics and several Mexican species as well I will probably put in the same Shadowbox type FC.

I’m experimenting with the meal preppier trays, I’m going to see if they survive the PC inside a tyvek mailer so that the lid staying on perfect is less concern. Not sure the lid will survive the heat or not. Open it in the hood and inoculate. We’ll see. For subs I’m probably going back to coir and compost period. It worked before, I have a ton, might experiment with sand.

Attached Thumbnails

• B591CA37-C12E-4B40-B262-8DDFCBA2369A.jpeg
  • 24F0B828-0FFB-4B0A-8A65-D46DC3E5039F.jpeg

• YoshiTrainer and coAsTal like this

#665 Celestialexplorer1

Celestialexplorer1

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:15 PM

I need to do the same I’ve been keeping all my spore plates in case the culture I ended up using didn’t do well and I wanted to try others. There’s not many species I go past T1 then I go straight to LC so I also have about 35 LC jars and between that and the agar I take up a whole mini fridge.
  • Tycelium likes this

#666 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:53 PM

Three days later-- it's a party in there :biggrin:

SempTray11_22.jpg

I just love these little guys~and they replenished to this level from zero in under 2 weeks.

This cased grain effort has been a great joy as my first Semperviva effort.

I'm thinking about tweaking this method to see if I can get the same high speed growth as this one but with some bigger fruits. Maybe mixing a half pint of h-poo compost into the pint of grain before casing for example, and casing a little heavier, like say 1/2 inch.

I have another pint of colonized grain I'm sitting on-- hmmmm...

• Jrotten, YoshiTrainer, Arch3type and 1 other like this

#667 Tycelium

Tycelium

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 11:02 AM

Got my p. semperviva prints yesterday  :biggrin:

#668 Tycelium

Tycelium

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 11:03 AM

#669 Tycelium

Tycelium

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 11:03 AM

Attached Thumbnails

• Semperviva prints.jpg

• Jrotten and YoshiTrainer like this

#670 Arch3type

Arch3type

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 11:12 AM

20201123_221925.jpg 20201029_210422.jpg

Here are some fruits from the 3rd flush. Not much maintenance on my end. Busy with work, so they got neglected a bit. Things are slowing down a bit here, and it's getting much colder. Despite these things being able to keep flushing I'll probably wrap things up with these bins to make room for other projects. All in all I got well over an OZ, and tons of prints. 

• Jrotten, YoshiTrainer, coAsTal and 1 other like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!