39 replies to this topic

#21 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 919 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 October 2019 - 02:01 PM

I pissed myself on the floor of my apartment back when I did a massive dose. :). I'm happy to hear I'm not alone in that. 

Edited by Guy1298, 27 October 2019 - 02:01 PM.

#22 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 414 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 08:42 PM

The Seth material is basically what all new age is born from. Atleast that’s some people’s interpretation that I took their word for, I never read it myself but definitely want to, thanks for reminding me I’m gonna go check it out now.

#23 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 414 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 09:28 PM

I suppose I have a hazy recollection of a bit of it through conversation on the topic with those that have studied it. If you have something you want to ask I can either elaborate or point you elsewhere to find info on it. I have a pretty good grasp of theosophy and a bit of vajrayana Buddhism. Not as schooled in Kabbalah as I would like.

Edit: actually just message if like, cluttering up the thread

Edited by DarkNchildlike, 27 October 2019 - 10:06 PM.

#24 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,232 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 October 2019 - 09:30 AM

Darci, just before you wrote this .... i was tripping seeing the other side, making contact with whatever is there.... upon entering my living room, thoughts about you and your appartment i once read came to my mind,.. then , next day i read this, what u wrote... all such a mystery, are this the so called morphogenetic fields (how do you write this???? )or something. we are all so connected somehow.

Anyway, nice read and very interesting indeed.

just want to mention this stories make all a living.

anybody read:" when seth speaks"??? (or something like that?)

love, Z

Funny you should mention this, I was just thinking of Rupert Sheldrake.

#25 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,232 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 October 2019 - 09:35 AM

I find it important to remember that whatever experience we have on psychedelics, that experience itself, profound as it may be, is still never the "complete truth."  It takes many perspectives, a lot of intelligence and wisdom, and a lot of time to even begin to understand the big picture.  I am learning not to commit myself to one idea, and to be flexible and adaptable to new information all the time.

This is not a way of living that humans have made into a habit.  We like to stick rigidly to our belief systems and ideologies, as it gives our primitive and violent instincts an excuse to engage in conflict with each other.

Think of the blind men and the elephant:

https://en.wikipedia...and_an_elephant

Also:

https://en.wikipedia...ory_of_the_Cave

Edited by darci, 28 October 2019 - 09:36 AM.

• Moonless and RainbowCatepillar like this

#26 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 400 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 11:18 AM

Our perceptions are limited by our biology 

#27 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:44 PM

Or perhaps our perception is not within our biology but within our history ;) Come join us at the consciousness discussion FlashyRooster! would love to hear your take on things!

• RainbowCatepillar likes this

#28 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 414 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 02:34 PM

My opinion is that our consciousness is only limited by our consciousness. It doesn’t even come in contact with our physical biology but resides with our subtle body.

#29 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 414 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 02:39 PM

We are first spirits that are given a physical apparatus to partake in the physical universe as a means of of growth. In other dimensions where there is much less cause and effect and much less rules spirits do not learn from there actions unless they choose to. Living is basically a fast track to enlightenment.
  • Moonless likes this

#30 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:39 PM

We are first spirits that are given a physical apparatus to partake in the physical universe as a means of of growth. In other dimensions where there is much less cause and effect and much less rules spirits do not learn from there actions unless they choose to. Living is basically a fast track to enlightenment.

Maybe thats why the entities are so weird :)

#31 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 400 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:16 PM

Listening to people describe these intense visual trips. Are these all closed eye visuals?  I would love to experience what many have described, but have never hallucinated to the point where I would see crazy fractals and or entities. Is this more of a meditation turn the lights off thing, or just sitting there in the dim starting at the wall?

If so, could one assume the line between dream and reality is a little bit blurred together?

#32 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 400 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:21 PM

Or perhaps our perception is not within our biology but within our history ;) Come join us at the consciousness discussion FlashyRooster! would love to hear your take on things!

I feel like I almost have to power up to get into that realm of thought, the hole goes so deep sometimes I don't want to venture down. Mostly just fear out of saying something stupid, and also not wanting to think.... 

Coincidentally I followed that thread last night with the intent to contribute when the fire is on  :biggrin:

• coorsmikey and Moonless like this

#33 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 414 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:35 PM

Nothing you say is stupid, homie. I think u have very valid and interesting things to contribute. Keep on keeping on! And by the way I want to say I apologize for something. I feel like i may have come off rude or something or the other when I definitely didn’t intend to earlier in the thread. Sorry if I did!

It’s so easy to rub people the wrong way when writing in forums I feel like.

Edited by DarkNchildlike, 29 October 2019 - 07:37 PM.

#34 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 250 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 12:41 PM

Listening to people describe these intense visual trips. Are these all closed eye visuals?  I would love to experience what many have described, but have never hallucinated to the point where I would see crazy fractals and or entities. Is this more of a meditation turn the lights off thing, or just sitting there in the dim starting at the wall?

If so, could one assume the line between dream and reality is a little bit blurred together?

For me they are all closed eyed trips. In a mushrooms trip for instance there is a period of time where i feel so tired that I basically pass out and it is then were I have some intense visions. Although I have had intense trips where I am basically in two places at once, I am in my normal vision staring at a candle or whatnot, and am also in this dream world where stuff is happening to me like flying through a tunnel or seeing a giant ball of light. Both are powerful, the meditation turn the lights off are very visual and the dim staring at the wall is less visual yet just as dreamlike. Entities and patterns appear in both.

Since I started taking the mushrooms 3 years ago I noticed that they were not what I thought they were. My first trip was at a friends get together and I though of them as some drug that was fun to take, I ended up passing out at that party and had visions in my dreams, when I woke up it was like only 5 minutes or less had passed. I had also radically changed how I saw the people around me as well as the interactions we had. It was like seeing under the surface of the normal where a lot of unconscious ques were going on that I became aware of. After that I read and read about them online and learned that people use them for spiritual growth. So I went to do them only with close friends and avoid the social interactions, go to the woods and meditate kind of thing.

On my second time I had come to the conclusion that these were disguised as drugs, that they could be used as a drug to escape but their overall effect was confrontational and healing.

The line between vision and dream is very blured, it is very much like dreams however they seem to be dreams and experiences you do not control.

• flashingrooster likes this

#35 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 400 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 05:29 PM

Nothing you say is stupid, homie. I think u have very valid and interesting things to contribute. Keep on keeping on! And by the way I want to say I apologize for something. I feel like i may have come off rude or something or the other when I definitely didn’t intend to earlier in the thread. Sorry if I did!

It’s so easy to rub people the wrong way when writing in forums I feel like.

No apology necessary,  no offense here, worry not my friend

#36 Severian

Severian

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 05:44 PM

I find it important to remember that whatever experience we have on psychedelics, that experience itself, profound as it may be, is still never the "complete truth."  It takes many perspectives, a lot of intelligence and wisdom, and a lot of time to even begin to understand the big picture.  I am learning not to commit myself to one idea, and to be flexible and adaptable to new information all the time.

This is not a way of living that humans have made into a habit.  We like to stick rigidly to our belief systems and ideologies, as it gives our primitive and violent instincts an excuse to engage in conflict with each other.

Think of the blind men and the elephant:

https://en.wikipedia...and_an_elephant

Also:

https://en.wikipedia...ory_of_the_Cave

Truth

Recognizing we only ever possess  a tiny piece of the puzzle

which is does not have all of the pieces

and has other pieces that are distorted versions of truth

and which possess pieces that are outright fabrications

Pretty much always

All before eve taking into account the programmed nature of our awareness, growing up in a Bubble of consensus reality generated by the dominant Culture-

• Moonless likes this

#37 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,232 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2019 - 04:55 PM

Visuals can be what they call "closed eye," which is when you really only see them when you close your eyes.  Strong doses might have you seeing things with your eyes open.

I have also had experiences where there were two simultaneous overlays in front of my mind's eye - one of the room I was sitting in, and another right on top of that visual field of something completely different.  It was like a double-exposure but without the camera, and visible clearly even when my eyes were open.

If you've had a very strong dose, you might begin to believe that there is no difference between dreams and reality.  But if you've never had strong, obvious visuals, your dose was probably too light.  However, this is not a dare to try and take too much.  Too much can be, well... too much.  Don't find out the hard way.

• Oneyedraven and Nicked like this

#38 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 919 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2019 - 09:19 PM

On that same note, you might try cactus, if looking for open-eyed visuals.

I don't get open-eyed visuals much on mushrooms. But, cactus was the one that showed me open-eyed visuals. That and LSD. But, I've used more cactus. 

Last time I did mushrooms, that was like 3g maybe? I don't remember. I watched clouds turn into holy faces. The Buddha was peering at me through the clouds! :).

Edited by Guy1298, 15 November 2019 - 09:20 PM.

#39 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:24 PM

Visuals can be what they call "closed eye," which is when you really only see them when you close your eyes.  Strong doses might have you seeing things with your eyes open.

I have also had experiences where there were two simultaneous overlays in front of my mind's eye - one of the room I was sitting in, and another right on top of that visual field of something completely different.  It was like a double-exposure but without the camera, and visible clearly even when my eyes were open.

If you've had a very strong dose, you might begin to believe that there is no difference between dreams and reality.  But if you've never had strong, obvious visuals, your dose was probably too light.  However, this is not a dare to try and take too much.  Too much can be, well... too much.  Don't find out the hard way.

This site has made me realize the value in trying to meditate during a trip. I suspect that is the main difference in visuals we are discussing

I have taken enough to see some crazy what i would call open eye distortions. The swirls and buzz effects, stationary objects moving, popping colours, sound level changes ect. But not see an image of something that was not actually in the room persay. What I refer to as hallucinations i suppose, no entities or creatures

Edited by flashingrooster, 16 November 2019 - 07:29 PM.

#40 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,232 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:19 AM

I pissed myself on the floor of my apartment back when I did a massive dose. :). I'm happy to hear I'm not alone in that. 

Yeah, I mean... I'm really a person who is meticulous about hygiene and housekeeping.  My apartment is spotless;  you could take a photo of it and it would be the kind of thing you see in a magazine.  To say that I lost control in the middle of my living room floor just sounds appalling, embarrassing, and ridiculous.  But those of you who have taken "heroic" doses know that when "in thrall," concerns such as these somehow become ancillary.  It was more important to me to continue to engage in the dialogue with the divine than worry about the fact that my bladder needed to be emptied.

These are words I use to explain the event, but it was entirely motivated by emotions, and a sense of being overwhelmed by awe.

Glad I'm not the only one to make this confession.

Yeah, I bought a plastic liner for my mattress back when I was having these "adventures" on a semi-regular basis, when I was in the middle of my serious emotional/spiritual work with psychedelics around 2009-2014.  No less embarrassing than one of those poor souls who has trouble wetting the bed beyond their years of infancy.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!