7 replies to this topic

#1 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,538 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 October 2019 - 07:36 PM

I found this on YouTube tonight it's much more fun watching the elections this way lol

[Direct Link]

#2 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,538 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 October 2019 - 05:31 AM

I fell asleep who won?? Lol last time I voted so the one party would not win so I voted for the other popular party

This time I voted with my heart... Even if it's more like throwing my vote away
It feels good no matter who wins
  • crazy1 likes this

#3 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,538 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:51 AM

Oh ya crazy I didn't get back to this lol... Justin is still in....it's really easy to fall asleep to electronics in Canada

Edited by wildedibles, 23 October 2019 - 04:52 AM.

• Juthro likes this

#4 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,880 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 October 2019 - 01:15 PM

I am trying to disconnect from the political circus

Its going to be a tough couple years 

:meditate:

• crazy1 and wildedibles like this

#5 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 7,905 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 October 2019 - 08:23 PM

I am trying to disconnect from the political circus

Its going to be a tough couple years 

:meditate:

Sincerely, good luck with that...............

It seems to be shoved down our throats almost daily now.

• crazy1, wildedibles, Juthro and 1 other like this

#6 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,538 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:57 AM

You guys get way too much footage etc... Drama lol we have the queen and family for our drama... Justin has changed things tho he's been pretty popular all over the world... I guess we are not done with it either

I do not watch the news and lol all our signs were being taken down lol I was never asked and 1 canidate came to my house and left a door hanging thing never even knocked on a door that looks like they could use a little gov help if you know what I mean lol... Maybe he was afraid to cross my mote lol... Point is that I didn't know who to vote for lol and still have no idea who in my area won... 5 green party seats and 4 I think we're In Ontario cool where?? I need to look it up hubby hearing and telling me is one thing but not enough info

Anyway I don't know yet who won in our riding in Canada you vote for your party not prime minister like you do... But we vote for the seat.... So in my area I would vote for the person running for that party in my area or for a diff party if I didn't like that person... In other country's they explain on that video they vote for the party and can cross off that person and choose another out of a list to replace them...
... They also explain in other country's you have to bring your vote stub half of it to show your boss who you voted for cuz if you voted wrong you can get fired from your job
Or mandatory voting... Etc... I'm glad we are free to be in Canada I do believe in voting now tho just go you want to scrap your vote x it out and show them you did not want to vote its not that you missed it... We are allowed to vote its our right to go just go...

Edited by wildedibles, 24 October 2019 - 06:00 AM.

• crazy1 and Juthro like this

#7 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,880 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2019 - 04:56 PM

It is everywhere these days for sure, politics has been fired up. It's likely because of smart phones. Now we all have 24/7 access to propaganda. It get's everyone engaged and thinking about it. Especially in the age of the tweeting president

Feels like it has been about a month so far. My phone screen time is way down. 

Checking the news app on my phone had absolutely become a sort of addiction. Its embarrassing to think about it, I would be watching tv, and if my attention was lax for a second or two i would look down and realize the phone was in my hand trying to open the news app. For the most part I would read political articles, ones that were often opinion pieces. Any time my attention was in between things this would seem to happen. I was sort of subconsciously seeking constant stimulation. The idea of just sitting there and doing nothing for a minute was gone. Boredom a thing of the past.....

I used to get some sort of enjoyment out of the political circus. Watching John Stewart make fun of republicans was one of my favorite past times. 

Then he went off air and things seemed to change for me. John Oliver at first came out as a strong start but the show feels tiresome now and I have lost interest in it. Same with Bill Maher show, used to love it and now at times it's unwatchable because it has become an echo chamber

I screwed up and started to get invested in other peoples idea's and ideals. The reality is I don't really give a shit about any of them. It's not really who I am, I was confused. I was convinced that I should try to solve the words problems when the reality Is I can barely solve my own. 

I am way more interested in actual people, interacting and experiencing with them. Generating good vibes and trying to have fun

The new's just tries to tell you what to be mad at. The news is a product that they want us to buy. The product has become a piece of shit. I choose not to buy anymore.

Edited by flashingrooster, 24 October 2019 - 05:06 PM.

• wildedibles likes this

#8 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,538 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:11 PM

Lol if your fixing the world's problems you don't have time for your own... Lol isn't that the point...

The news depresses me... But I'm into YouTube or Netflix binges I get ya the constant stimulation but the too much stimulation from Facebook is too much sometimes...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!