#1 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,068 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 October 2019 - 12:52 PM

[Direct Link]

Edited by riseabovethought, 22 October 2019 - 12:54 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#2 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,068 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:17 PM

I find this tough dwarf hybrid really interesting.  Anyone else?

#3 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 414 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 02:47 PM

This is a fantastic book co-authored by Mr. Lowenfels. I highly recommend it. It's not specifically about cannabis but certainly applicable to cannabis. I haven't watched the video you linked yet (I don't think I have anyway) but i love what he has to say about autoflowers being revolutionary. They truly are! Most people (even here at mycotopia) aren't up to date on autos. They still think of hempy low-rider genetics and fail to realize the progress made even in the last couple years

Attached Thumbnails

• 15718594985204846790361298389000.jpg

• riseabovethought and Juthro like this

#4 Melonmuziq

Melonmuziq

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:43 AM

Autos and Fems are destroying good genetics. Its good there are more people like me out there preserving good genetics. If its not natural, its no good. Sustainability is the key.

#5 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 414 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 04:22 PM

Hey mods this guy is spamming this same paragraph to all autoflower threads. It's adding nothing to the conversation, please consider removal

#6 Melonmuziq

Melonmuziq

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 05:40 PM

Hey mods this guy is spamming this same paragraph to all autoflower threads. It's adding nothing to the conversation, please consider removal

Your opinion...
Its definitely vital info.

#7 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,688 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2019 - 05:47 PM

Your opinion...

You have the option of having your opinion as well, but there's no need be disruptive with it.

• Juthro likes this

#8 Melonmuziq

Melonmuziq

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 06:53 PM

Your opinion...

You have the option of having your opinion as well, but there's no need be disruptive with it.
Not trying to be disruptive. Sounds like el ron is trying to b disruptive.
I speak from over 20 years experience so im stating what i see.
  • ethnobotanist420 likes this

#9 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 414 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 06:56 PM

Your opinion...
If you wanna debate me about the merits of fem and auto genetics, then start a thread and i will debate you, but once more, keep that shit off my thread. That's not what this thread is for

Edit: I've got 20 years of experience too buddy. You're not an authority here. I'll debate you and let the readers decide who's spewing misinformation. But not here. Leave these threads to people who wanna learn

Edited by el_ronhub_bird, 22 November 2019 - 07:02 PM.

• ethnobotanist420 and Melonmuziq like this

#10 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,783 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2019 - 07:08 PM

Peace brother, mods are already on this, dont get suckered in getting your own-self warned, or banned.  Sentiment is currently in your favor (mine, at least), you dont want to change that by loosing your temper.

And I should also point out that this is Riseabovethought's thread (who is also a mod).  Rise is more then capable of taken care of it if he feels someone is derailing it, or trolling.  He just isn't  on the site ATM, give him some time.

I had missed this thread before, thanks for posting it Rise.  I love hearing anything from Jeff Lowenfels, he is a local Alaskan who has lots of good advice for growing in the unique growing season of the far north.  That, and he's just a cool guy.

• crazy1, Hash_Man and ethnobotanist420 like this

#11 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 414 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 08:24 PM

Sorry man i gotta little over zealous, i know this isn't my thread but he was posting in one of mine too and i confused the two. I'll relax now, I'm just a little uptight about it cause I'm used to the congenial, peaceful atmosphere cultivated in this place
  • crazy1, ethnobotanist420, Skywatcher and 1 other like this

#12 dpwishy

dpwishy

A Fisher Of Souls

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 1,971 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 November 2019 - 11:23 PM

There is an auto breeder absolutely crushing it right now, not sure if im allowed to drop names on here, not sure about the rules but they are on a whole nother level right now with autos. They have a huge underground following, people kinda keep it to them selves because of the criticism, which is silly. I have been a photo grower for a long time, both inside and outside. I just switched over and am doing a full auto run right now. I just want to see for my self, without bias if its worth it with my own eyes. They are not what they used to be and have had such a bad name for so long, they were put on the back shelf and never given a chance again. 

Now you can get 23-28% thc strains that harvest from sprout in 65-85 days. I have been seeing kids pull 6-10 ounces a plant of absolutely fire. The genetics are not the low riders of 2006 lol, its come a long way in the past 3-4 years.

I got 12 autos going right now (plant limit in state). I am giving it a go as i want to see the numbers, is it worth switching. If it doesn't work out, i can always just go back to photos. The appeal to me is i get to pop new strains all the time and are not limited to my mothers. Its also a new learning curve and made things fun again, its a completely different way of feeding, growing, and training than I am used to. You kinda got to forget what you learned with photos. Completely different beast.

Never get stuck in old paradigms, thing change, change with em. I have a feeling this is the future to be honest. 

Edited by dpwishy, 25 November 2019 - 11:43 PM.

• dial8, coorsmikey, el_ronhub_bird and 1 other like this

#13 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,658 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 November 2019 - 11:50 PM

There is an auto breeder absolutely crushing it right now, not sure if im allowed to drop names on here, not sure about the rules but they are on a whole nother level right now with autos. They have a huge underground following, people kinda keep it to them selves because of the criticism, which is silly. I have been a photo grower for a long time, both inside and outside. I just switched over and am doing a full auto run right now. I just want to see for my self, without bias if its worth it with my own eyes. They are not what they used to be and have had such a bad name for so long, they were put on the back shelf and never given a chance again.

Now you can get 23-28% thc strains that harvest from sprout in 65-85 days. I have been seeing kids pull 6-10 ounces a plant of absolutely fire. The genetics are not the low riders of 2006 lol, its come a long way in the past 3-4 years.

I got 12 autos going right now (plant limit in state). I am giving it a go as i want to see the numbers, is it worth switching. If it doesn't work out, i can always just go back to photos. The appeal to me is i get to pop new strains all the time and are not limited to my mothers. Its also a new learning curve and made things fun again, its a completely different way of feeding, growing, and training than I am used to. You kinda got to forget what you learned with photos. Completely different beast.

Never get stuck in old paradigms, thing change, change with em. I have a feeling this is the future to be honest.

Holy shitballs look who it is!! How have you been, man? Haven’t seen you in forever! Hope all is well brother!
  • dial8, dpwishy and coorsmikey like this

#14 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 414 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 06:26 PM

Hey dpwishy we would love to see some pictures of your autos! I don't think it's a problem to mention seed companies but i could be mistaken. Now I'm curious who you're talking about! I have a guess but who knows. There's one company name that i keep hearing brought up over and over. I just put in an order from them. The strain I'm getting from them is called Sour Livers. By any chance is this the company that you speak of? If any mods can chime in and let us know whether or not we can talk companies it would be appreciated

#15 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,688 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2019 - 06:53 PM

Talk about seed companies and vendors of such is mostly tolerated if its genuine. the problem is there are so many people out there that are not genuine with their intent. We allow someone to say something about one then the spammers see an opportunity to solicit. They get clever and try to fit in and start linking spam. Spamming the forum will result in an instant ban without warning or questions. Where is the line drawn for friendly advice and commercial promotion? That is pretty much up to the person moderating and their perception of the content. For the most part, with members that have established trust usually we will just edit the post if it resembles spam and hope they pick up on the reasons for the edit. Best practices, if you must talk about vendors is not to link or add the dot com part of their address. We also appreciate that any issue that one has with a vendor or supplier that you share your grievances with them and not here. We don't want Mycotopia to be a sponsor of bad reviews. Please no vendor bashing! If you want to share a bad experience one can simply say they will no longer use that vendor. That along with the absence of good review is enough to let others not that have not established trust within this community. Just don't get offended if the content gets edited or moderated, if it smells like spam it  is spam.

Edited by coorsmikey, 26 November 2019 - 06:54 PM.

• ethnobotanist420 likes this

#16 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 414 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 07:19 PM

Thanks for your swift reply and clearing that up for us Mikey!

#17 dpwishy

dpwishy

A Fisher Of Souls

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 1,971 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2019 - 07:36 PM

Mephisto genetics (south park fans will get the joke of the company name). I have ZERO association with anyone involved, absolutely ZERO.To be honest all my friends are making fun of me that I am even doing this, but I have a feeling they will be eating shit in the end.

I am currently growing 3 walter whites, 3 chemdoggins, 3 forum stompers, 3 sour orange diesel kushs.

They really hooked up the freebies with orders too. I paid for a 3 seed pack of 5 different strains, they sent me a 5 seed pack of those 5 strains. They also added 5 others strains I didnt even order, 22 seeds in total in those.

So for the 15 seeds i paid for, i got 47. I believe their reddit is called mephheads, check it out, you will be super impressed at what people are doing. I actually heard of mephisto from jeff lowenfels in a different podcast, forget which, but its had me falling down this rabbit hole for a couple months with research.

Edited by dpwishy, 26 November 2019 - 08:44 PM.

• Myc likes this

#18 dpwishy

dpwishy

A Fisher Of Souls

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 1,971 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2019 - 07:39 PM

Hey dpwishy we would love to see some pictures of your autos! I don't think it's a problem to mention seed companies but i could be mistaken. Now I'm curious who you're talking about! I have a guess but who knows. There's one company name that i keep hearing brought up over and over. I just put in an order from them. The strain I'm getting from them is called Sour Livers. By any chance is this the company that you speak of? If any mods can chime in and let us know whether or not we can talk companies it would be appreciated

Same company. Out of the 4 strains I have going mentioned above, the 5th one I didnt start yet was the sour livers. They actually sent me a sour liver x sour bubbly as one of the freebies also.

I am a photo grower lol, the idea the seed needs to be in the final pot was a weird one for me to get over. Lead me to over watering the first water. I havnt been able to water the root zone for two weeks and have been foliar feeding to keep things going until roots can suck up all that water. Also switched from hps growing to now running dual gavita 1700e LED in my 5x9, which is super high PPFD cultivation. These are comparable to the spydr 2i's. Its a whole new can of worms to learn and dial things in and its been tough, especially given that all my local circle of friends all do HPS cultivation. I'm kinda learning this all on my own via trial and error, especially finding out what strains can handle what PAR levels at what stages, the lights are so fucking strong. For example, to get 250-350 par for seedling/early veg growth, i had to have the lights max height at tent ceiling, like 5 feet off the plants, and dimmed to 50% in order to get the par levels low enough to be able to work in these stages. Its kinda insane...

So i am on my first grow with autos and this new setup. I plan on making logs soon to leave behind what im learning about the high PPFD, as there isnt to much info out there. Ill be posting again in mass soon.

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

20191126_201338.jpg

They are separated in the tent as they are at different stages and I have the lights set at different par levels. In a week or so they will start to get the same light and the tent will be moved around and spaced accordingly. I added a picture of one of the two lights to show you what I mean, it throws out 1700 µmol s-1 PAR and an efficacy of 2.6 µmol s-1 per watt. They put out higher par levels than 1000 watt hps, way more even coverage, and each light is only running at 620 watts or something silly like that. The foot print of the light is almost 4 feet by 4 feet, so the uniformity and coverage is insane. The corners of the tent get the same light as under the middle. The only con is the price, they are not cheap. I am leaf tucking also, autos can only have low stress training done to them, which suchs as I have mastered scrog growing on photos. If they have a weird shape its because I am tucking fan leaves under lower branches as they grow to open up lower growth. Only the set of 9 have started LST, the other 4 are just about to enter early veg and out of seedling and can begin training.

Edited by dpwishy, 26 November 2019 - 10:46 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!