Is that UV light? :ohmy:

• FunG likes this

#22 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:01 PM

No it’s A Full spectrum grow light with more of the blue And red end of the spectrum. I looked it up before I bought the grow light and blue in spectrum is supposed to help fruiting of the mycillium.

#23 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 08:52 AM

They are gonna fruit when conditions are right either way. Other than telling them which way to grow(direction) light isn’t really gonna have any major effect once they are triggered to fruit.
  • crazy1 and LegoMyego like this

#24 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 08:58 AM

By all means, experiment, get it out of your system. Not trying to dissuade you by any means. And not saying I didn’t go through the same thing. I feel like everyone does. Just noting that full spectrum lights are for plants with chlorophyll.
  • crazy1 likes this

#25 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 11:38 AM

Yea I just don’t know when to introduce conditions. I mean there’s mycilium all through the substrate and it hasn’t grown a week. Do I wait for pins? Or start fanning misting and introduce omg light?

#26 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:09 PM

Wait for knotting and pins. If it’s dry mist it. Fan it at least once or twice a day.

Edited by Misfit, 09 November 2019 - 12:09 PM.

#27 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:10 PM

And there is really no change in “conditions” with tubs.

#28 FunG

FunG

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 335 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:57 PM

Uvc's are the germicidal lights, those will kill the funi, spores, bacteria, blind a person etc...

A black light wont work as well as just natural sunlight. Sunlight is the best lighting source for fungi since it's high in blue light spectrum...there was a chart I read a long time ago that showed how a proven isolate preformed under different spectrums of light, light high in blue spectrum (however that is judged) was shown to increase their overall growth but not by much

Any light source (besides black) will be sufficient but I'm defiantly one for all natural sunlight from a well lit room.

And you can leave the tub exposed to light even during colonization. The drop in co2 is the biggest pinning trigger for mycelium, light is trivial and you shouldn't need to mist, the humidity will come from the substrate itself since it's a bulk sub....misting may raise the humidity to high and cause pooling water or overlay (the crazy myc that continues to grow and forms long strands to collect water) ideally you dont want that but it shouldn't hurt pinning to much.

If you poke two quarter sized holes on each side spaced appropriately and covered with micropore tape and seran wrapped the top, poked a hundred or so pinned sized holes you could just call it ghetto invitro fruiting and ditch the light, fanning/misting and call it set and forget. It will fruit fine....the idea is the same as a monotub which are suppose to be self maintained.

If your covering with a lid with the light attached then yea, you'll want to fan that puppy 3x a day to keep the air flowing less it go stagnant on you....stagnant air is the worst thing for fruiting tubs because mold has a chance to land on and germinate opposed to a well ventilated tub.

Edited by FunG, 09 November 2019 - 01:10 PM.

• Ghostshroom likes this

#29 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 01:27 PM

420nm actinic blue
  • FunG likes this

#30 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 07:54 PM

Right on FunG. And the lights are full spectrum with a lot of blue spectrum and red spectrum, which like you said in theory should work well for mushrooms. And right on ive been leaving the life on and covering at night. And setting it out exposein fb it to sunlight cracking the life furring the day. Every few hours I have a tiny mini fan I set up to fan it and mist it between fannings. Humidity is staying between 80 and 90 with lid cracked with temps around 73 during the day. At night I cover it with lid and cover with humidity around 100 and temps around 77. The myc seems some growing and seems to be shrinking. If there is growth it is a small amount. I’m just a little worried because it seems kind of stalled with growth and it’s not pinning yet. It really doesn’t seem to be doing anything atm. It has lost a lot of “fluffyness” that first appeared when the rhizomorphic growth covered the top layer. I’m thinking of casting tomorrow and seeing if that helps.

#31 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 07:56 PM

Please stop “worrying” about it. It could be like that for 10 more days. You’re gonna drive yourself nuts. Just let it do it’s thing.
  • SporeyMF likes this

#32 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 08:02 PM

I’m letting it do it’s thing. There’s just a lot of info and opinions so knowing which move to make is a little daunting. But I’m fanning. Misting, and exposing to light. Thanks misfit. I know your trying to keep me from worrying too much. Much love.

#33 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 08:06 PM

Don’t worry. Next one will be less stress

#34 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 08:56 PM

Thanks man. Just hope I get a lot of pins. My APE tub is looking absolutely beautiful. Prettier than the golden teachers at this stage. Which is cool I’m cool with getting a bigger crop of apes than teachers lol

#35 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 04:27 PM

Well I’m pretty sure it was fully colonized and I didn’t put on a casing later because people were telling me just to wait just to wait. So I finally put on the casing later last night and it’s not colonizing the casing later. I have been sanding and lightly misting a few times a day and have it on a light cycle so hopefully I will see pins in the next week. Also here’s an update on my APE tub. I seem to be having no problems getting my tubs to full colonization. But fruiting seems to be the most difficult hurdle I have come across so far.

#36 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 04:27 PM

Well I’m pretty sure it was fully colonized and I didn’t put on a casing later because people were telling me just to wait just to wait. So I finally put on the casing later last night and it’s not colonizing the casing later. I have been sanding and lightly misting a few times a day and have it on a light cycle so hopefully I will see pins in the next week. Also here’s an update on my APE tub. I seem to be having no problems getting my tubs to full colonization. But fruiting seems to be the most difficult hurdle I have come across so far.

Attached Thumbnails

• 723D4D04-390C-4796-A6BE-D1E3EAD23E7A.jpeg
  • E1E70ACD-1AC0-4953-969D-8AC03E1B8BDA.jpeg

#37 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 04:28 PM

And my posts seem to be posting at weird times like days later. I don’t know what’s going on. So please excuse my oddly placed posts.

#38 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 212 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 04:31 PM

Ape tub

Attached Thumbnails

• EF586C26-8E99-4E0D-86D3-CA62E19EA45E.jpeg
  • 45D67E7B-9750-4DDE-A265-74B179032BCE.jpeg

#39 LegoMyego

LegoMyego

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 08:36 PM

Looks like knots galore with maybe a few pins.  Keep it up! 

#40 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 04:48 AM

Yea with the APES. Idk if my Golden teacher tub is even going to make it at this point because I have listed info on how I’m growing and it seems like instead of reading how I’m doing it people are just throwing out a random method to continue on and I think my mics gana die. For example one guy told me to wait wait wait wait for full colonizeation and it was fully colonized it was just Rhyzomorphic growth. Another person said to leave it in the same invironment and it will just eventually pin. Another person said to put light on it fan it and mist it a few times a day and it dried my mic out because it didn’t have a casting layer. Doesn’t tell really seem like anybody on this site is on the same page and I’m actually feeling less secure about it than before. Some people say you want your casting to colonize a little ( which it’s NOT doing whatsoever because of the introduction to lower temps) then others say you don’t want it to colonize the casting at all. Nobody’s on the same page and I’m all over the place as to what to do with a fully colonized tub that has been colonized for weeks with nothing happening. Has a 2 day old casting layer and have been fanning and misting a few times a day dropped temps to 70 and introduced lights. Tubs have no holes I’m ONLY FANNING. Just moved it to the closet in Warmer temps to let the casing colonize a little before trying to fruit again. Going on week 3 of a fully colonized tub. THATS WHERE IM AT GUYS.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!