• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 331 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 08:14 PM

I should have read the entire thread before posting but I find it difficult to keep my thoughts held together for to long

Nice to see the similar opinions intersect and grow together

• crazy1 and Skywatcher like this

#42 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 04:38 AM

Alder, thank you so much my friend. 

I just watched the entire thing and have so much to process. I don't think you and I are too far off in what we've discussed.

You are much farther on your path than I am. The things you write and link to help me move forward a bit more. And I appreciate you for that

I will be watching/listening to that a few more times, it is a true jem

• Tenderfoot and Alder Logs like this

#43 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 09:51 AM

FlashyRooster,

Very glad for you to join in! Love what you have to say.

#44 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,716 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 November 2019 - 12:47 PM

The animals passing the information down in their DNA is largely guesswork. The offspring got the hint, but was it actually DNA that gave it the information? I don't think we truly ever can know that. I tend to think of it more like cellular division, the offspring gets a portion of that parents conscious energy, through DNA or not, the information get through. I most definitely think of the Earth as the Mother, and that she is a living breathing entity. I did not when I was younger, but the absolute belief of my Lakota friends was rather infectious, as was their respect for ALL of it as if it was living became my beliefs too. The movie Avatar was so spiritually moving to me I can't even put it into words. 

When the people were gathered in the circle swaying and sending healing energy, I had tears rolling down my cheeks in the movie theater, and I felt like people were staring at me, but this is how we are supposed to be living, as one with it all and our screwed up society suddenly felt so alien to me. It was a powerful experience for me. 

I have often contemplated this at 5 am laying here with psychedelic vision in my mind that the planets and moons are so similar to protons and electrons, and how we very well may be part of something much bigger, so much bigger that it is staggering in it's perspective, like the Turtle Island of Native American lore. It just goes on and on and on ad infinitum. 

DNA is an interesting subject. It blows me away how every vertabrate on this planet has basically the same bone structure, just morphed to suit it's needs. From the tiniest hummingbird to the giant Blue Whale, we have a similar two legs, two arms, two eyes, two ears, even if those legs are shrunken into two back fins, or those two arms are stretched out with the fingers forming the bones of the wings. we are basically the same. As far as I know the entire list of living things shares 90% similar DNA even the plant life, except for a couple of things which may be from another world that somehow got here. 

Octopi and Venus Fly traps have radically different DNA than the rest of the planet. Octopi are VERY intelligent yet have brains distributed throughout their bodies, and if one is broken off, it regrows a whole other octopus. I tend to think our actual brain has very little to do with consciousness. I think it is an interface for the collective conscious, and some are more in tune with that database than others. 

Enough for now, I am tired as hell and rambling, but just wanted to get this down. I read the awesome replies last night but was too distracted to put anything coherant together. Loving this awesome thread though. Happy Friday ya'll

• crazy1, Moonless and flashingrooster like this

#45 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 04:07 PM

This is the way I look at the DNA thing and the species that return to "X" location.

That is consciousness guiding them, making our DNA activate. This is what "guides" the path to the "destination" whatever it may be.

When you know how to do something and are a natural at it. Mastering it in no time at all. That is YOUR consciousness and it's "experience" guiding you. 

Our consciousness is our energy/life force in this carnation, if this is real at all....... So its previous experiences are in our "data base" for lack of a better term. 

Now the collective consciousness Coop mentioned. YES!!!!

I believe there is a collective consciousness and that is the web which I referred to as infinite and intertwined. 

Just think, the consciousness here at Topia for example.......

We all somehow got here to aid each other in many things in life.

It started as one mans dream, Hippie3, and his consciousness "called" each of us to come here and join him to help others and learn. We each arrived at our proper time and with the proper "knowledge" that was needed at that time.

People come and go.... then some come back. Some of us that left and came back had to to learn another lesson to continue the help we could give this consciousness. Topia, the living being it is with just a bunch of key punching, medicinal/recreational growers spreading the love.

All because of what I believe is a collective consciousness and the insanity of the intertwining and twisting of it's complexity/simplicity  

And welcome to the thread Rooster!

Peace

• Coopdog, Moonless and flashingrooster like this

#46 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,770 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 November 2019 - 09:16 PM

I think I will just DNA the same way I breathe or heartbeat.  :wub:

• crazy1, Coopdog and Moonless like this

#47 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 909 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 November 2019 - 09:48 PM

I like how that Bodhi Avasa guy presents the message. He might be my most preferred of all that I've encountered at this point. 

Having seen what it takes to go against the currents of the mind, temporarily at least, I understand why a teacher is necessary. You're either mad, or you hold the most beautiful jewel... That is hard to discern.

Edited by Guy1298, 01 November 2019 - 09:53 PM.

• crazy1 and Coopdog like this

#48 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,770 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 November 2019 - 09:57 PM

What he says at 57:37:

If there is a technique, it's the life you're already living.

• crazy1, Coopdog, Guy1298 and 1 other like this

#49 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 331 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 09:57 PM

I like to believe the reason we are all so connected is through one mother. Going all the way back to the first single cell. All life on this planet came from that one cell. That split and became a multi cellular organism again and again. Is Gaia just another term for global consciousness? 

And I fucking love octopus. One of the most fascinating creatures in the the ocean. Some like to theorize the reason for the giant octopus lack of domination on this planet has to do with their reproductive cycle. The mother will lay her eggs and then stay there protecting them for like six months or so. Not leaving once to eat or take care of itself. It then dies and cannot pass on information like humans are able to. To me that is our one trait that separates us. Our ability to store  large amount of energy and information and pass it down to our offspring. 

#50 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,716 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 November 2019 - 01:58 AM

Alder I will watch that video this weekend. Hard to sit and watch something like that during the week for me. Before work my wife is usually next to me sleeping, and after work is music time. I usually spend most of my morning time on the computer, so I will check it out in the morning. Loved everything you posted that I have come across. 

• crazy1 likes this

#51 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,770 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 November 2019 - 01:00 PM

Here's another shorter one (different cat) that was posted a few days ago:

[Direct Link]

• crazy1, Coopdog and flashingrooster like this

#52 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 01:54 PM

Alder, thank you.

That guy is great to follow, I like his way of explaining things. The last few minutes hit me right in the face!

When he spoke of how people are, and how their minds can go round and round back to the same thing........that is still me at times.

And now is one of them. There's certain things in life that I can't let go of very easily still. But I am learning to.

It's astonishing to me how our minds work. How our consciousness is more aware of certain things and lets some slide by.

I take it that the ones that slide by is when "we are witnessing" and the ones we hold on to  we are witnesses to the witnessing. 

Peace Brother

• Alder Logs likes this

#53 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 08:53 PM

Itty bitty conscious friends:

https://www.youtube....twsf0jLGUwX5Q3g

They're cool to look at, the video reminds me of Samwise. I think this relates with all this DNA talk going on.

• flashingrooster likes this

#54 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,716 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 November 2019 - 05:08 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=rTJVWCUpJEI

Frequency and consciousness, very interesting

• crazy1 likes this

#55 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 331 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 03:21 PM

Here's another shorter one (different cat) that was posted a few days ago:

[Direct Link]

I gotta say, at first i didn't know what the fuck this guy was talking about. It's a really interesting concept though

For me, it made me think of the nature of reality and your mind. How much it blurs the line together. These things that we think or imagine, based on real events or not. Feel real even though they are not. And how one can sort of step back from that and go, hey was that even real. 

How does that apply in a practical sense. I have been using it as a tool to help my mind to stop wondering. To sort of shut down the paranoid side, that is running scenario's and scene's over and over again. The only thing that's really real is the right now that's happening. Everyone has thing's in their past that rattle around in their minds. The realization that most of that has been you playing those thoughts over and over again, nobody else. Your thoughts are not reality.  

I can go hey, stop thinking about this stupid shit its not real. It's not making you happy. It does not matter.  You can only react to the now not the imagined

#56 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,770 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 November 2019 - 01:17 AM

You don't even have to own any of the thoughts.  Just see them come and go, and be as the seeing, which is what's present and constant.  To claim the thoughts requires we sustain and maintain an idea of an identity.  Our doing that happens in the present seeing as well, if we happen to notice it.  The seeing (awareness) is stable, but that idea of being a something or somebody has never been stable.  When we see that our somebody isn't stable, we see that everyone's is pretty much the same.  I like that Hedderman calls it his "action figure."   That's funny and true. 

• crazy1, Coopdog, flashingrooster and 1 other like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!