• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 clumsy

clumsy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:45 PM

Here is an interesting report that mindfulness meditation enhances positive effects of psilocybin. This makes sense from other studies that showed improved meta-awareness to enable self-regulation. Mindfulness allows one to understand that they are not controlled by their thoughts. Finally, mindfulness expands awareness to see depressive thoughts objectively - likewise any unhelpful thoughts.

• shrooms2017 likes this

#2 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 443 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 02:29 PM

I would love to read everyone’s experiences with meditation during psilocybin experiences.

#3 clumsy

clumsy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 06:04 PM

Meditating while tripping can boost feelings of self-transcendence.

• RainbowCatepillar likes this

#4 Severian

Severian

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:27 PM

I was looking for specific painting but I cant find it

this is closest to my experience

https://i.pinimg.com...829caf2dfbf.jpg

• Coopdog, Oneyedraven and RainbowCatepillar like this

#5 RainbowCatepillar

RainbowCatepillar

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 205 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 08:10 PM

I've only done threshold doses with meditation.. Even then, it's an expansive experience..

After closing my eyes for a while, i would get the feeling I was gazing for miles into the back of my eyelids..
Eventually, it would feel like I was peering light years into the back of my eyelids.. Like I'm gazing across galaxies into infinity..
And then I would feel my subtle body expanding beyond my physical body.. Feels like I become conscious of my true form..
I can't really explain it, but it feels like I hold the entire universe, or rather I merge with it and my "self" disappears..

It's a peculiar feeling, but it is one of the most beautiful transcendental experiences ever..

• Coopdog and Guy1298 like this

#6 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 964 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 November 2019 - 06:56 PM

I've used meditation a lot with psychedelics. 

Primarily, it can deepen the experience. A year or two ago, I would use mushrooms in my pitch black room and meditate all the way through. I had a pretty formal thing going. I'd brew a bit of chamomile tea. Eat the mushrooms, drink it down with the tea. Then, pray and do loving-kindness meditation as it came up. Around about an hour in, my body sensations would start to melt away and I would be traversing elsewhere. At this point the meditation would be concentrative and a bit of a struggle, as I would peer in and out of being here and elsewhere. Questioning God and reality, all of that. But, quite often, and more than a few times, I ended in that state of gratitude, touching the floor and knowing everything is God. Grateful and with love. 

Maybe it's about time to start again.

I should note that the doses I used were really quite small. So, in my case, meditation enhanced the effects.

Edited by Guy1298, 02 November 2019 - 07:02 PM.

• Coopdog and clumsy like this

#7 TheBigRip

TheBigRip

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 10:58 PM

It sounds like there must be some truth in what you described. But, I checked the links you linked to in the post and they are kind of dubious looking. Doesn't sound like real scientific research.

#8 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 239 posts

Posted 20 November 2019 - 06:37 PM

I’ve found myself naturally falling into an awareness-meditative state repeatedly during my recent mushroom trips. It’s definitely helped accelerate my awareness when I’m not on shrooms, or maybe better to say it’s helped me to know what it is to look inward & to know what to expect.
  • RutgerHauer likes this

#9 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 938 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 November 2019 - 05:43 AM

@ElPirana: I see what you mean! In my experience, the higher the dose, the more intense the impulses become and you will have no choice other than to be mindful, there is nothing else that will get in your way of being aware, as long as your environment isn't distracting you. That's why a good set will help.

• ElPirana likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!