• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 clumsy

clumsy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:45 PM

Here is an interesting report that mindfulness meditation enhances positive effects of psilocybin. This makes sense from other studies that showed improved meta-awareness to enable self-regulation. Mindfulness allows one to understand that they are not controlled by their thoughts. Finally, mindfulness expands awareness to see depressive thoughts objectively - likewise any unhelpful thoughts.

• shrooms2017 likes this

#2 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 409 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 02:29 PM

I would love to read everyone’s experiences with meditation during psilocybin experiences.

#3 clumsy

clumsy

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 06:04 PM

Meditating while tripping can boost feelings of self-transcendence.

• RainbowCatepillar likes this

#4 Severian

Severian

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:27 PM

I was looking for specific painting but I cant find it

this is closest to my experience

https://i.pinimg.com...829caf2dfbf.jpg

• Coopdog, Oneyedraven and RainbowCatepillar like this

#5 RainbowCatepillar

RainbowCatepillar

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 196 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 08:10 PM

I've only done threshold doses with meditation.. Even then, it's an expansive experience..

After closing my eyes for a while, i would get the feeling I was gazing for miles into the back of my eyelids..
Eventually, it would feel like I was peering light years into the back of my eyelids.. Like I'm gazing across galaxies into infinity..
And then I would feel my subtle body expanding beyond my physical body.. Feels like I become conscious of my true form..
I can't really explain it, but it feels like I hold the entire universe, or rather I merge with it and my "self" disappears..

It's a peculiar feeling, but it is one of the most beautiful transcendental experiences ever..

• Coopdog and Guy1298 like this

#6 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 909 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 November 2019 - 06:56 PM

I've used meditation a lot with psychedelics. 

Primarily, it can deepen the experience. A year or two ago, I would use mushrooms in my pitch black room and meditate all the way through. I had a pretty formal thing going. I'd brew a bit of chamomile tea. Eat the mushrooms, drink it down with the tea. Then, pray and do loving-kindness meditation as it came up. Around about an hour in, my body sensations would start to melt away and I would be traversing elsewhere. At this point the meditation would be concentrative and a bit of a struggle, as I would peer in and out of being here and elsewhere. Questioning God and reality, all of that. But, quite often, and more than a few times, I ended in that state of gratitude, touching the floor and knowing everything is God. Grateful and with love. 

Maybe it's about time to start again.

I should note that the doses I used were really quite small. So, in my case, meditation enhanced the effects.

Edited by Guy1298, 02 November 2019 - 07:02 PM.

• Coopdog likes this

#7 TheBigRip

TheBigRip

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 10:58 PM

It sounds like there must be some truth in what you described. But, I checked the links you linked to in the post and they are kind of dubious looking. Doesn't sound like real scientific research.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!