• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DocOct

DocOct

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Free Member
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 05:10 PM

I’ve always been interested in growing salvia, I think it’s a really cool plant in the way it is propagated.

There’s just one problem,... I can’t find any cuttings anywhere.

If anyone has some info on obtaining this plant in the states it would be very much appreciated.

#2 Mushinist

Mushinist

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 188 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 October 2019 - 05:57 PM

http://sagewisdombotanicals.com/

Don't forget about seeds, they are viable, this is how I started mine. I had a good experience with sage wisdom! Lots of reading material on there as well.
  • crazy1 and Skywatcher like this

#3 DocOct

DocOct

• Free Member
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:31 PM

http://sagewisdombotanicals.com/

Don't forget about seeds, they are viable, this is how I started mine. I had a good experience with sage wisdom! Lots of reading material on there as well.

I thought that the seeds were bad as the plant mainly propagates through cloning, if it’s not true that’s awesome I’ll have to give that a go.

Either way they are out of stock so I’ll have to keep an eye on there store

Edited by DocOct, 30 October 2019 - 11:36 PM.

#4 Mushinist

Mushinist

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 188 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:55 PM

Yes that's the old way of thinking, thanks to work done by Daniel Siebert and others seeds are now available and viable. I know in the wild this very rarely happens, if at all. I purchased 10 seeds, I only planted 4, all 4 popped, I cloned them from there rather easily.

I personally didn't want a live plant coming to the door, once I found out that seeds were viable it was a no brainer from there. After sprouting they are a little finicky, very sensitive to humidity like coca plants are. Once established and growing you can slowly acclimate them to your environment but otherwise need to be in a humidity tent for a bit.

#5 Mushinist

Mushinist

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 188 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2019 - 12:05 AM

vlmP4hs.jpg

7qGNYIR.jpg

C2Yl9cr.jpg

PxhMMWV.jpg

u6rpwcl.jpg

HS6SEgG.jpg

Edited by Mushinist, 31 October 2019 - 12:08 AM.

#6 Mushinist

Mushinist

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 188 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2019 - 12:09 AM

These were from seed as you can see. I was just informed that sage wisdom may not have any seeds so you will have to contact them to see if they will get more in the future.

#7 DocOct

DocOct

• Free Member
  • 337 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 05:10 PM

Wow those look amazing, I send them an email to see if I can get on a waiting list
  • Mushinist likes this

#8 Mushinist

Mushinist

Mycophage

• Black VIP
  • 188 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2019 - 05:18 PM

Each seed popped about a week of each other, the final one took about a month and I was about to give up on it.

Yeah definitely get in touch with them and touch base to see if they plan on getting more. And thank you, they have exceeded my expectations by far!

#9 stoogie

stoogie

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 08:09 AM

Wow - those are some super green healthy leave. Good idea re the humidity tent. Are you going indoors mushinist? Any lights? Just started to get into growing Salvia, seems to be doing alright on the window sill. Any tips from your experience, hoping to produce some seed to try germinating?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!