• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hamidrezaj

Hamidrezaj

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 12:20 PM

Moved my full colonized grains to the mono tub 7 days ago. Last night I noticed the substrate is very dry so I sprayed on it. In the morning I woke up with this yellow water blurs sitting on the substrate. I used a tissue to absorb and remove them. And now I am fanning the tub. Still I am worried if the substrate is contaminated. I don’t know what else should I do?

#2 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 06:10 PM

It’s most likely fighting something off. Hopefully it wins. It’s just metabolites also know as myco-piss.
  • FunG likes this

#3 Panporus

Panporus

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 03:38 AM

From my understanding it can also be from just eating from the substrate and it metabolizes into the metabolites. But it usually does mean it was fighting something.

#4 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 10:23 AM

Right. It is possible. Like I said it’s most likely fighting something off. But not always the case for sure.

#5 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,598 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 November 2019 - 08:58 AM

A little bit of it is fine.  You had good instincts, soaking it up with a clean tissue or paper towel.  If you start seeing a LOT then you've got a sick substrate.

#6 HeavyOntheMental

HeavyOntheMental

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 01:20 AM

Update? Was there indeed a battle for dominion in your monotub, or was the yellow blur something else entirely? Have your righteous mushies won out? Pics please, I am eager to know!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!