67 replies to this topic

#41 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,461 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2019 - 12:30 AM

That is a brilliant looking sub. Have you been practicing your dance to pay homage to the mushroom Gods? It helps to get your pinset primed! :wink:

• crazy1 and Misfit like this

#42 Kensho

Kensho

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 09:04 AM

:D

#43 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:35 PM

I’m doing the dance now diadem. And yea I’m excited too. Here’s what it looks like today. I wonder when it will be done colonizeing. Oh and if anyone knows where to get some pink buffalo or another colorful strain of spore syringes please inbox me your source. Thanks guys!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• D72F835E-D002-4929-9E03-F8F7DA21E30B.jpeg
  • 38CE50E1-59E0-4D49-BDB5-D62E7996A97B.jpeg
  • C64F465B-50BD-4FC3-896A-3826879C76C6.jpeg
  • 9852A296-2294-4B1C-B907-D44CC31AA130.jpeg

• makinbones69 likes this

#44 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:40 PM

How do you guys think my yield will be budgeting from the myc growth?

#45 buzzkilluton

buzzkilluton

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 199 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 08:59 PM

Looks like you have some hyphal knots which means you should start seeing pins soon. How big is your tub?

#46 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 05:11 AM

I don’t think that knotting means it’s ready to pin that has been present from day one of run transition. I was told it was just extremely aggressive myc. My tubs are about 2 feet wide and 3 feet long

#47 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 05:13 AM

And I haven’t introduced it to fruiting conditions yet. It’s only been in the tub for about a week. Trying to make the myc super strong and healthy before fruiting. Figured I had about a week or a week and a half left of colonizeing before inteoduceing fruiting conditions. OGS WHAT DO YOU THINK!?!?

#48 Amped313

Amped313

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 06:16 AM

2x3 !! Damn should start calling you FarmerGhost .. Lol. What was your mix ratio ?

#49 buzzkilluton

buzzkilluton

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 199 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 12:08 PM

I only use unmodified monotubs so all my tubs are in "fruiting conditions" from day one. Lid flipped and 12/12 light/dark cycle.

#50 Amped313

Amped313

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 05:39 PM

I only use unmodified monotubs so all my tubs are in "fruiting conditions" from day one. Lid flipped and 12/12 light/dark cycle.

Do you follow Bods Tek ?? That's the same as his basically. Coir & oats only, although I've read that some peeps use wbs but his results are impressive. Yeah I'm a fanboy, but haven't tried it yet. Waiting till my PF-Tek cakes are done. Whats your tub size and your mix ratio, if you
don't mind??

#51 buzzkilluton

buzzkilluton

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 199 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 05:46 PM

I have 2 32qt tubs and 2 54qt tubs. I used 1:1/spawn:coir my first grow. And I got a little over 2 1/2 oz dry. I'm gonna try a 1:2/spawn:coir this time around

#52 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 08:54 PM

Yea I have gauges. And it had been like 2 weeks. Here’s some updated pics of my tub with golden teacher mycelium colonizeing.

that tub looks crazy strong man nice!

• Ghostshroom likes this

#53 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:24 PM

Thanks everyone so much for the encouragement and kind words. It is greatly appreciated. Shout out to buzz and amped. And thank you bones I appreciate that. I hope The mycelium is as strong as everyone seems to think it is. Within the last day or two the colonization seems to have slowed down so that worries me slightly but I don’t know what’s going on I guess I’ll find out in time. And the mix ratio that I used was I used 1 pound Ryberry Grain spawn bags Pre-sanitized and sealed. Spores from spore works. Or spore syringes to be more precise. In the mix I did was probably about a one and six ratio from Spawn to bulk. A lot of people talk about a 50-50 vermiculite and choir mix with gypsum four Sub Street conditioninA lot of people talk about a 50-50 vermiculite and choir mix with gypsum for substrate conditioning and added fortification for the mycelium. But my mix was probably about 3/4 hydrated coconut choir, 218 vermiculite, and about 1/8th of perlite. And about 5 to 10 grams of gypsum for conditioning in fortification. And what I did was I layered substrate about two or 3 inches on the bottom then a layer of colonized green then about a one or 2 inch layer of substrate then another layer of Collin ice creaAnd what I did was I layered substrate about two or 3 inches on the bottom then a layer of colonized grain then about a one or 2 inch layer of substrate then another layer of colonizeD grain then another in on top to case. I did the same thing for the penis envy except added about two or 3 inches on my top casing layer for added moisture and to a lot for the slow growinI did the same thing for the penis envy except added about two or 3 inches on my top casing layer for added moisture and to a lot for the Notoriously slow growing time onotoriously slow growing time APE. And I also put a black trash bag liner and before I made the layers to keep microclimates from forming and the mushrooms from growing under the substrate layer so that I am able to harvest all the mushrooms and not run into that issue. Also the liner helps keep your moisture level in your substrate the correct level because it runs down the sides of the tub and doesn’t collect in the substrate. I really hoped this helped. And you know what I think I like that namI really hoped this helped. And you know what I think I like that nick name. I think Ghost farmer fits me well. Lol

#54 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:30 PM

Here’s some updated pictures. First 3 are GTs and second 2 are my APES spawning at about 48 hours

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#55 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:43 PM

Growth REALLY seems to have slowed down the past 48 hours. Idk if it’s just me or what.

#56 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:49 PM

And no I didn’t follow that tek although it seems to be the go to guide for a lot of beginners. What I did was I did a lot of research and use common sense to kind of piece together the best information from multiple sources. I picked kind of a general method and tweaked it to make the best conditions for my situation. There are no holes drilled in my tub and the tub is not modified other than a humidity gauge and thermometer. In the future I may cut slots in the side of the boxes and tape them up until I am ready for fruiting and then install micron filters over the slots. But when it comes time for freighting I’m just going to cracked the lid which should allow for ample exchange. Yes it increases the risk for contams but at that point and stage of fruiting Risk of contains developing that quickly to where it will devastate my crop it is pretty slim. And yeah I have two 2 x 3’ times one with golden teachers one with albino penis envy and I thought that that would bring a good harvest if I get at least two or three flushes on each tub. Plus I have a couple jars I started off of the ape mycelium so I have a couple small cakes of eight going and I also started a small jar of Ecuador spores.

#57 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 09:52 PM

I also bought two more plastic tubs about 2‘ x 2‘. And I haven’t decided what I’m going to do with my cakes yet whether it’s going to throw with them in bulk in my two New plastic tubs. Or just colonize jars until this ape and golden teacher grow is done then do all four tubs foNew plastic tubs. Or just colonize jars until this ape and golden teacher grow is done then do all four tubs at the same time for a really big bulk grow. Haven’t really decided yet. What would you guys like to see? I can do a bunch of small bulk grows in Tupperware‘s and upgrade my check in my four large tubs or I can just go ahead and do a large bulk grow with small Tupperware‘s and four large tubs. I’m growing ape and golden teachers and I still have Malabar and Ecuador strains and syringes that I haven’t touched yet except for one small jar of Ecuador is that I started two days ago.

#58 buzzkilluton

buzzkilluton

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 199 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 10:23 PM

I use Bod's unmodified monotub tek,WBS and sta-green coco coir. For my agar work I use no pour agar plates (Pasty Whyte from the Shroomery). For agar I use Now! Brand agar and the cheaper 1lb bag of light malt extract from Ebay. I have a Presto 23qt pressure from Amazon and I do all my work from a SAB (I'm hoping to get started on a flow hood soon.

#59 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 10:25 PM

Nice. A flow hood seems like that could be beneficial for sure. I’m trying to think of things that I can do to upgrade my tub tech.
  • buzzkilluton likes this

#60 Amped313

Amped313

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 02:32 PM

Ummm tub tek funny you said that I was looking into how to do a kind of automated system. Bods is so simple don't get me wrong but Tek is tek .. Lol. I just saw a tub on stay i think that had a Co2/Temp/Hum monitor controlling a computer fan. So when Co2 got to high the fan would kick on and bam fresh. I think it was 54 qt but it was like $250 a piece. You could do that diy for like a third maybe a bit more. But there still the misting you would have to do. If ya hooked up a terrarium fogger/ mister into that system then that would be freaking elegant!!!!! And kinda expensive. But I would love see someone do it. Alas I am broke to the nth degree..lol. Ahhhhh dreams ... Lol Peace all too next time.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!