• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 158 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:55 PM

I have some money to experiment with. Maybe 150 to 200 bucks. Trying to figure out what to invest it in. A fogger seems to be a good idea. And a c02 fan would make it basically sit it and forget it.

#62 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 829 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 12:03 AM

Tubs are already pretty set and forget. Check out DonShadows shadow box though.
  • Ghostshroom likes this

#63 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:53 AM

Yea I guess that’s the amazeing part of mycology is that it’s SO damn simple.

#64 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:34 PM

Ok so a couple of OGs along with other people as a majority have told me it’s good to go ( fanning exposing to light misting etc.) to start fruiting. I couldn’t figure out why it looked 100% colonize but why there seem to be a lack of fluffy white Mycillium. Well come to find out there are two different types of Mycillium growth and my mycelium will just never look like that. Which is actually a good thing because the rhizomorphic growth which I have it’s actually more desirable for fruiting. So I’m going with my gut and the general consensus and advice to start introducing it to free conditions. Wish me luck guys I’m trying my best. Good vibes and love.

Attached Thumbnails

• 627DDFB6-9DE6-473D-A7F2-A7FAC0133E0D.jpeg
  • D531AAA9-E810-4D07-B3E7-586AE929BB70.jpeg

#65 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,621 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:46 PM

I have some money to experiment with. Maybe 150 to 200 bucks. Trying to figure out what to invest it in. A fogger seems to be a good idea. And a c02 fan would make it basically sit it and forget it.

Fancy equipment may help but will not teach you the basics. Trial and error will. Foggers and CO2 fans will not help if you don't grasp the fundamentals. Not trying to sound  like a dick, but I have done this and read it lol. I've seen many go this route and in the end they ditch all the fancy set ups for simple. You can do this without all the money invested. Buy some grain with that money, maybe some jars, Petri dishes, agar and a bottle of isopropyl. Oh yeah and some $1 six qt tubs and a couple of totes.

I accept the challenge of finding multiple threads that have done better with all that fancy equipment than the amount of threads that have kicked ass without all that. Oh I read somewhere that simple is better.

• crazy1, DrepsiLocybe, cybele and 1 other like this

#66 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 11:42 AM

Right on. Thanks for the advice. Yea tub is going on a week of no growth. The sub looks to have myc all the way through it. Idk if I should introduce light, fanning and misting or wait to see pins start to form THEN introduce those things. Thanks for the advice guys.

#67 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,621 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:14 PM

By the looks from the photos above, it looks like you have introduced light?

#68 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 07:59 PM

At this point I have. Today was the second time introducing it to light. I just started the light yesterday. Seems to lost a lot of the “fluffyness” it originally had and seems more matted now.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!