• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stroker

Stroker

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:54 PM

Set up a few shoebox dub tubs, I did not use a liner. I know using a liner would of eliminated the side pins, but would it make for a more even pin set on top?, better colonization? Etc.. The side pins don't bother me per say. Just wondering if there is more benefits to a liner than just eliminating side pinning.

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,587 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 November 2019 - 10:08 PM

A liner makes it easier to clean your tubs to use them again. It will help with pooling water from over misting to as the water will drip down the side and go underneath the liner. Side pins with no surface pins is an indication that the sides are in better conditions (free from our own interference like over misting or to much FAE) than the top surface conditions. Its kinda funny that where we try and command Force fruiting by acting like we are are in control of making mushrooms pop up, they pop up exactly where we didn't try and tell them to grow. Its almost like they will grow where they want and not where you tell them to grow. 

• onediadem and Stroker like this

#3 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,461 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2019 - 12:46 AM

I agree. It is just good practice anyway. Makes the tubs and boxes last longer also because they do not get as scratched up and become a safe harbor for contams.

• Stroker likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!