469 replies to this topic

#461 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 834 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 December 2020 - 04:41 PM

Great news Asura! I was curious about pseudoaztecorum fruit vs. mycelium?

#462 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 282 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 04:49 PM

For the record, I now know of someone that has claimed that from their direct experience that Tampanensis mycelium was active--- the people in this thread earlier in the year that were going to experiment with theirs after aging it a couple months never posted about their results, but I thought I would mention it here to add to the "anecdotal/unverified claims" section of the discussion. FWIW this guy is a trusted contributor at the place I heard the info, but it's still just one claim.

• DonShadow and Asura like this

#463 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 635 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 December 2020 - 06:32 PM

That’s great to know, thanks Coastal :)

I wonder about the variables that could contribute to differing results, such as strain, incubation time etc, and also how different ratios of active compounds might be expressed in different species’ mycelium...

#464 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 282 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 09:32 PM

It would be a pretty big deal if it's repeatable. There are a good number of people (like me) that grow Tamps or Mexicana's as their first step away from cubes-- lots of people use them, so if it were true I would have thought someone would have tried it before.

FWIW I asked him if there could have been small stones in the grain that he mis-took for grain, but he insisted it was only WBS in there... but I guess we'll see. The effects were mild but definitely there, so it's an incentive to learn more.

I have two rye quarts of Tamps (1 var. Galindoi and 1 Atl#7) that have been colonized since July. I have been ignoring them while doing other things, letting the stones in each get old. When it comes time to break them open to spawn them, I might dry some of the grain and give it a shot in tea-- but that won't be for awhile. I was going to wait until spring next year and really age these things out.

Maybe I'll put some of my culture to some brown rice or barley in some half quarts myself-- though I personally wouldn't expect much potency early on in the colonization/consolidation. Who knows...

Edited by coAsTal, 27 December 2020 - 09:34 PM.

• DonShadow and SporeyMF like this

#465 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 635 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 December 2020 - 03:26 AM

I agree that testing various species to determine the potency of their mycelia is a very worthwhile undertaking. If there are more common species “hiding in plain sight”, it would be a major bonus. In the meantime, since it’s known with certainty that Ps. semperviva is active, I think it is important to orient attention toward refining and streamlining semperviva growing techniques to boost the production and distribution of spore prints. It’d be great to be able to mail spore-prints inside of little myceliated grain tek instruction booklets.

#466 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 282 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 08:41 AM

I wholly agree-- I am trying to get better about getting prints of my Semps so I can get them out there-- the harvest with the largest mature caps on my little cased grain tray was the one during my move when they all over-ripened and started to blacken-- I only got 2 prints from 20 or so caps because they were all too far gone by the time I got them packed, moved, unpacked, and was minimally set up to harvest :blush:

It’d be great to be able to mail spore-prints inside of little myceliated grain tek instruction booklets.

Well, unfortunately that would dive head-long into the illegal everywhere since they would be demonstrably sent for growing a psychoactives as opposed to microscopy/study of the spores. Stupid laws...

BUT-- I'm all for sharing a link online to your delightful PDF with all those I send prints to in a secure way :cool:

Edited by coAsTal, 28 December 2020 - 08:42 AM.

• DonShadow likes this

#467 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 635 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 December 2020 - 12:31 PM

Aw come on! Ya gotta be all sane n sensible n rational about it eh? Maybe we could just print it in invisible ink :tongue:

Yeah they are a trick to print. Def no criticism here, I just hope to one day feel like I'm not the only person on the planet who has prints of this mushroom lol

• Moonless and coAsTal like this

#468 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 282 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 12:37 PM

I have a strong feeling they will grow in popularity-- and availability too. Folks like you are doing a real service to the community by organizing the collective's information exchanges into easy to follow destinations-- hi five bro :hug:

• DonShadow, Jinroh and YoshiTrainer like this

#469 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 635 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 December 2020 - 12:48 PM

Thanks brah, it's great that folks appreciate it and that the message has actually come through and allowed a few peeps to generate their own grain that really works. Thanks for helping out, every little bit counts :wub:

• Jinroh, YoshiTrainer and coAsTal like this

#470 Tom25

Tom25

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 05:22 AM

Just wondering what’s the longest you guys have run semperviva for (I know 2-3 months seems to be the standard) and how do you find the strength compares at different time points if you’ve tried them? I guess the mycelium must run out of steam sometime!

• bezevo likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!