Last year I grew out two varieties from prints, AA+ and Texan, which were gifted to me by a couple of members, thank you.
I used the basic pf-tek and had a few great runs on both with great flushes. Dried with a basic Presto dehydrator which did not have a heat setting/control.
In the end I found that the potency was consistently lacking over each run and between even the two varieties. I'd say about 1/5th potency of anything Ive ever tried.
Became discouraged and stopped trying, partly due also to jus getting too busy to maintain the hobby, especially if the result isnt very great.
BUT NOW IM BACK, and i really wanna figure this out.
So this time the main thing I'll do different is not use heat in the dehydrator by removing the heating element... but thats about it.
I just hope that is the issue. Ive read tons about heat not being an issue but im skeptical still so ill try it myself.
And outside of agar work and cloning etc, which i don't have the space or time to do, im not sure where else to look.
Any advise, insight and especially encouragement is greatly welcome!