#21 Sicshroom

Sicshroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 05:14 PM

Ok so this is my modified version as I dont have hippies of tek written down just what I was able to source and use.
Ingreadents;
Quinoa one cup, with 1.75 cups water to hydrate
1 cup brown rice flour
4 cups vermiculite
1 table spoon each:
Unsweetened coconut meat
Ground flax seed
Nutritional yeast
Bee pollen
Powdered kelp(from your garden center)
2-2.25 cups water.

Put the items that measure one table spoon and grind them together as fine as you can.
For the quinoa bring the 1.75 cups of water to a boil
Add quinoa and ground items, return to a boil cover turn off heat and let stand for 20 minutes.

In a mixing boil add 4 cups vermiculite and slowly add water til hydrated it might only take 2 cups but sometimes .25 cups extra is needed. Slowly add the brown rice flour making sure no clumps form. Finally add your quinoa mixture to the hydrated verm/ brf.

This tek can be further modded for wood lovers by changing the verm for hydrated sawdust and is what I use on all my edible wood loving fungi. I hope this can help you achieve higher potency.

One thing I learned while growing cannabis is it's not all DNA. You put a auto flower fem seed in an outdoor setting with no care and it will preform well, but if you take that seeds sister put it in a coco coir hydro grow and you'll double the weight you add high power LEDs and you'll get another almost 5% thc production as well. Big take away is the micronutrients your feeding as well as your main food source. God rest hippy3 and I'm very thankful to made my own tek after his recipe
  • adrian118 likes this

#22 Sicshroom

Sicshroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 05:18 PM

https://mycotopia.ne...ercake-formula/
This is the super cake o.g. recipe for good measure
  • adrian118 and macgyver like this

#23 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 05:42 PM

Thanks Sicshroom, you seem to have yours dialed in!

And thanks for the link to Hips original super cake TEK

Peace

• Sicshroom likes this

#24 adrian118

adrian118

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 06:15 PM

Yo Sic, Thanks so much man! Will definitely give this a go on the next round. 

• Sicshroom likes this

#25 FunG

FunG

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 335 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:24 AM

Most of those igrediants are of whole grains, quino is a amazing grain to go 50/50 with rye.

Of course if you use grain flour in place of brf you'll get much better results on a pf cake but you still need a pressure cooker that hits 15psi.

#26 adrian118

adrian118

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:01 PM

Its been a bit chilly this week so I improvised a heat bomb by using this heat mat rolled up and place in the cupboard. It's working pretty good actually.

Never used heat before but these cakes are taking their time to start colonizing so I figured id give it a shot. Its been about 3 days, maybe the spores were pretty old?

post-154949-0-28723700-1573847785.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_7936.JPG

#27 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:27 PM

3 days from spores is expecting a lot really. Give it a week to 10 days.

And as long as the cupboard isn’t over 75-8 f you will be fine.

Peace
  • adrian118 and FunG like this

#28 adrian118

adrian118

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:30 PM

Right, its been a while i guess. hehe

#29 Sicshroom

Sicshroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2019 - 09:15 PM

Are you 3 days from now with spores? If so your in the first day of them breaking free 7- 10 days should be able to see white patches. If you were using an l.c. you'd expect to see growth
  • adrian118 likes this

#30 adrian118

adrian118

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 11:04 AM

Yea Sic, you and Crazy1 are correct. I haven't read the TEK in a while and was confused about the timing. Been readin alot of other TEKs lately too...Thanks for clarification.

• crazy1 and Sicshroom like this

#31 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:06 PM

We’re here to help

It’s great to read so much, but it is easy to get confused and mix TEKs up
We’ve all done it..................at least twice lol

Peace
  • coorsmikey, Sicshroom and adrian118 like this

#32 adrian118

adrian118

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:34 PM

party time

IMG_8037.JPG

• crazy1 and Sicshroom like this

#33 Amped313

Amped313

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 06:36 PM

Just genetics man
If you feel comfortable with it, try adding coffee to your hydration water, the caffeine is rumored to develop stronger Akloids (,I believe that's the term for them) but yea, stronger akloids related to the strength of the psilocybin.
1g dry contains 0.01% of psilocybin but the idea is to strengthen that 0.01% using coffee..
I personally say that any substrate with a high nitrogen content produces stellar shrooms.

Hey all !! I remembered reading someone's Honey Tek in which they added honey to their oat water during the initial simmer and I thought about FunG's comment about nitrogen. So I looked into it and honey has a great amount of nitrogen but especially in darker honey's and more so in Forest Honey. The forest types are varied by certain trees and regions of the world, such as Black Forest and Hawaiian. It's made from aphid excretion s. It may be a good idea for a combo tek, coffee and forest honey added to hydration water I'm PF-Tek or adding it to your oat water when your doing your primary simmer. I'm new to this personally but if someone is about to do a run maybe give it a go. Start a new Tek call it like Forest Coffee Tek ... LOl . I read the nitrogen into here https://beesource.co...and-properties/ and the forest honey into here https://www.honeytra...forest-honey-2/ Ok guys take care, Good luck and better vibes to all !!
  • crazy1 likes this

#34 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,799 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2019 - 07:19 PM

Just genetics man

If you feel comfortable with it, try adding coffee to your hydration water, the caffeine is rumored to develop stronger Akloids (,I believe that's the term for them) but yea, stronger akloids related to the strength of the psilocybin.

1g dry contains 0.01% of psilocybin but the idea is to strengthen that 0.01% using coffee..

I personally say that any substrate with a high nitrogen content produces stellar shrooms.

I'm not sure that I agree with high nitrogen increasing potency.

8 hours is not enough to do noticeable damage. There is a prime point in the growth cycle to harvest. If you wait too long, they will not be as strong. SO if you wait until the spores drop, the mushroom is no longer as potent... The longer you take to get them dry may also play a role. A typically dry FME is for about 10 hours, some require longer, at 140F.. I dont think the extra 15 degrees would make a significant.

I'm not sure that I agree with this either. If anything, the longer they grow, the more alkaloids will build up. Not sure if the fungi has a mechanism to lower the alkaloid content, and I don't see why it would.

All of this is really moot though because I assure all of you that this will fix most potency "issues":

"To everyone else that's been trying to use subs to increase potency, let me let all of you in on a little secret, psilocybe cubensis has a very hard threshold of potency, even the slow growers like PE. That's why the dosing is so universal. If I eat an 1/8th of pink buffalos, it's the same as an 1/8th that I ate when I was in highschool.  It's also why a microdose is widely accepted as 0.2-0.5g.

Let me let you in on another secret, magnesium. Instead of trying to increase the potency of cubensis, why not increase their effectiveness?

So about 6mos ago (maybe a year, IDK) I started taking a magnesium supplement as one of my friends told me it would help with my ADHD, and most people are magnesium deficient. So on my first magnesium day was also my microdose day. I take a small fresh or dried cope or hoog fruit body. So I take all my vitamins and my microdose and get on the train. By the end of the train ride I was tripping, not full face melt-tripping, but tripping nonetheless. 

Short story long, as magnesium is a metal, I knew that the fruit bodies would uptake it, so I throw a handful of magnesium in all of my substrates and I haven't heard a potency complaint since. Don't over do it though, too much can cause high blood pressure in the consumer. :biggrin:"

From here: https://mycotopia.ne...43#entry1411001

Plus there's an even easier solution, grow copes or hoogs. Psilocybe hoogshageneii are probably the easiest mushroom to grow, even easier than cubes. Copes are pretty easy too, and easier to find commercially.

Edited by CatsAndBats, 23 November 2019 - 07:19 PM.

• crazy1 and coorsmikey like this

#35 FunG

FunG

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 335 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 07:58 PM

Coffee defiantly helps bolster mycelium.

I'm getting the results I expected from soaking popcorn in coffee water, upon transfer the myc has taken on a much more aggressive and thick growth compared to the cottony thin growth it was before. I realize its ms but the cultures do appear more healthy like they were lacking in something....possibly nitrogen or maybe it's the rumored caffeine but either way I'm liking the results. Peatmoss has a lot of magnesium in it, I guess that's why they say cubes can benefit from a casing layer.

#36 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,799 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2019 - 08:28 PM

Coffee defiantly helps bolster mycelium.

I'm getting the results I expected from soaking popcorn in coffee water, upon transfer the myc has taken on a much more aggressive and thick growth compared to the cottony thin growth it was before. I realize its ms but the cultures do appear more healthy like they were lacking in something....possibly nitrogen or maybe it's the rumored caffeine but either way I'm liking the results. Peatmoss has a lot of magnesium in it, I guess that's why they say cubes can benefit from a casing layer.

Oh I have no doubt that nitrogen helps growth, I'm just not convinced that it boosts potency (why's gwen so aggro?).

tumblr_mcqqztk6jZ1r416z1o1_500.gif

Edited by CatsAndBats, 23 November 2019 - 08:29 PM.

• coorsmikey likes this

#37 Amped313

Amped313

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 09:04 PM

Ahhh young Gwen ... Lol. Saw them at one of the first Warped Tours fell in love two people from the stage. She felt it too but was to nervous to call me. I have since forgiven her. Blake seems cool so good for her Hahaha.
  • CatsAndBats and adrian118 like this

#38 Amped313

Amped313

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 09:06 PM

On great, time to go down the magnesium/metals rabbit hole...lol

#39 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,689 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2019 - 09:08 PM

I read somewhere (not here) that if you strike a gong on the full moon the moment that a monokaryotic meets is mate and becomes dikaryoyic. RR and the nuclei  with the protons reflecting from the moon at that very moment of conception drastically increases potency that can't be described by science. If one that is not taking SSRI's nor SNRI's can explore outer space. If one drinks coffee with some BRF added then can see the universe and time travel. But then again that all happens without that rumor legend shit too.

• CatsAndBats and adrian118 like this

#40 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,799 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2019 - 09:22 PM

I read somewhere (not here) that if you strike a gong on the full moon the moment that a monokaryotic meets is mate and becomes dikaryoyic. RR and the nuclei  with the protons reflecting from the moon at that very moment of conception drastically increases potency that can't be described by science. If one that is not taking SSRI's nor SNRI's can explore outer space. If one drinks coffee with some BRF added then can see the universe and time travel. But then again that all happens without that rumor legend shit too.

^^^ This fucking guy, amirite?!

Edited by CatsAndBats, 23 November 2019 - 09:23 PM.

• coorsmikey likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!