• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Jinroh

Jinroh

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 328 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:46 PM

And you guys can’t see from the pictures but I’m pretty sure primordia has already started the form although not completely broken through the top layer of substrate. It looks like little pieces of cauliflower. Which at first I thought was vermiculite or pearl light but is continuing to get bigger over the last day but idk. and the thing is it looks 100% colonized but it just wasn’t getting fluffy. And it hasn’t done anything for about five days now maybe six. So basically it’s just a different type of mycelium growth and will NEVER Look the way yours has misfit because you have had different genetics which causes different types of Mycillium growth. Honestly I feel like I have let it go a little too long. I’m going with my gut. I guess I’ll find out. My apes also have extremely Rhizomorphic Mycillium growth

I think that layer of solid sub you applied once you mixed in the spawn is what slowed down your colonization. It should be faster next time if you do not ad a layer on top immediately after you mixed in the spawn. Also, I have had colonization stall on me a few times which I later learned that usually indicated something is off like FAE or humidity. It always came back once I made adjustments though.

Edited by Jinroh, 08 November 2019 - 06:50 PM.

#22 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:09 PM

I’m pretty sure it’s fully colonized. It doesn’t have a lot of the white fluffy Mycillium but there is a layer of Mycillium over the substrate it’s just really thin and you can see through it. The other Mycillium is basically like blades of white grass or a little nuts I guess. But if I look down along the side of the tub I can see that Mycillium has spread throughout all of the substrate. But yeah it pretty much stopped growing within the past five days. It’s basically done nothing it’s not getting any whiter on top. And from what I’ve heard from a lot of people including the OG growers is that because it is rhizomorfic growth it may never look like those tubs that has white snowy Mycillium covering the whole tub. But I don’t know I’m just trying to make the best call I can because it’s not doing anything and hasn’t been for a while so I figured I would start exposing it to light and missing it and fanning at to see if it starts to Penn beBut I don’t know I’m just trying to make the best call I can because it’s not doing anything and hasn’t been for a while so I figured I would start exposing it to light and misting it and fanning it to see if it starts to Pin. And from what I also hear paining won’t start if it’s not fully colonized anyway right?

#23 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:11 PM

Here’s some updated pics of the golden teacher tub

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#24 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:12 PM

Here

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#25 Jinroh

Jinroh

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 328 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:29 PM

I’m pretty sure it’s fully colonized. It doesn’t have a lot of the white fluffy Mycillium but there is a layer of Mycillium over the substrate it’s just really thin and you can see through it. The other Mycillium is basically like blades of white grass or a little nuts I guess. But if I look down along the side of the tub I can see that Mycillium has spread throughout all of the substrate. But yeah it pretty much stopped growing within the past five days. It’s basically done nothing it’s not getting any whiter on top. And from what I’ve heard from a lot of people including the OG growers is that because it is rhizomorfic growth it may never look like those tubs that has white snowy Mycillium covering the whole tub. But I don’t know I’m just trying to make the best call I can because it’s not doing anything and hasn’t been for a while so I figured I would start exposing it to light and missing it and fanning at to see if it starts to Penn beBut I don’t know I’m just trying to make the best call I can because it’s not doing anything and hasn’t been for a while so I figured I would start exposing it to light and misting it and fanning it to see if it starts to Pin. And from what I also hear paining won’t start if it’s not fully colonized anyway right?

Thats right, the sub has to be fully colonized before it will pin (from my experience). If the sub is white all the way through then you should start to see pinning soon as long as your moisture and Fee Air Exchange is good.

#26 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:34 PM

I didn’t mix the Greenspon in with the bulk sub. I LAYERED. I just finished with a thin layer of substrate on top for micro climate.

#27 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,621 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:35 PM

Do ya'll think this tub will finish colonizing?

IMG_4134.JPG

Ah Shit! I see trich in the photo, you think peroxide might fix it?

Edited by coorsmikey, 08 November 2019 - 08:38 PM.

• onediadem, PJammer24, bezevo and 1 other like this

#28 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,621 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:40 PM

Here’s some updated pics of the golden teacher tub

That one is gonna have a crazy pinset if you don't mess with it too much! Damn that looks good!

• PJammer24 and Nicked like this

#29 Jinroh

Jinroh

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 328 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:57 PM

Do ya'll think this tub will finish colonizing?

Ah Shit! I see trich in the photo, you think peroxide might fix it?

That tub looks like it has been cased... correct? And yes, I detected your sarcasm. LOL

Edited by Jinroh, 08 November 2019 - 09:21 PM.

#30 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:05 PM

I’m hearing so many different things from so many different people. Half the people are saying it’s good go for it start fanning and exposing to light and introduce oxygen. While the other half is saying let it sit let it sit. I’m just getting more confused. So I guess I’m just going to let it sit and hope I start to see pens sometime within the next week because it looks like it’s been fully colonized for about a week now.

#31 Ghostshroom

Ghostshroom

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:08 PM

The temperatures have been around 79 for the past few days maybe it’s getting a little bit warm and stalling out the growth although when first started getting that warm and seem to really be growing rapidly. But maybe the higher temperatures are strong it out for some reason so I’m going to adjust the temperature lower it to around 72 to 75 I introduced some oxygen in case Mycillium was getting a little bit suffocated I fanned it a little bit now I’m wrapping it back up to sit to see what happens tomorrow and hopefully I will see some progress.

#32 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,621 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:18 PM

It's not uncommon for the mycelium to switch gears so to speak and go from veg mode to fruiting mode. When that does happen the aggressive colonization seems to to stop or stall while its builds up to start fruiting. That's usually when folks start tweaking everything in hopes to make it fruit, but it was already gonna fruit. Just saying a stall at the point you're at is typical. I would advise to go with the temp drop and leave everything as you have to get here. The vast amount of people that have "Read online" and watched videos will tell you different.

• PJammer24 and Nicked like this

#33 Jinroh

Jinroh

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 328 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:25 PM

I’m hearing so many different things from so many different people. Half the people are saying it’s good go for it start fanning and exposing to light and introduce oxygen. While the other half is saying let it sit let it sit. I’m just getting more confused. So I guess I’m just going to let it sit and hope I start to see pens sometime within the next week because it looks like it’s been fully colonized for about a week now.

Just do what you want to do. Make adjustments as needed. That is the only real way to learn. There are many variables that can affect this stage. And Mikey is correct, I am just going on what small experience I have, and the research I have done. In the long run you have to learn what works best for you and your environment. In the past I have followed online instructions to the letter and still failed, just experiment and learn. And don't get frustrated if you fail. That is part of the learning in my opinion.

Edited by Jinroh, 08 November 2019 - 09:37 PM.

#34 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,477 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:27 PM

Your tubs are beautiful. If I fucked you up by giving you a time frame, I apologize. It is the main reason I dislike doing that. They will fruit when they are ready .If you mist them, spray the top of the tub so it creates a finer mist.

• coorsmikey and PJammer24 like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!