• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#61 FunG

FunG

Been there, read that.

• Free Member
  • 436 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 12:28 PM

Rehydrate in h202 for a few hours (to what concentration I do not know, i use pure peroxide when taking tissue samples for cloning)

I've got a stamp macguyver! Lol just need to get to the post office now so i dont put it in a street side mail box, they come every day to the postal outlet at 5om to take the mail...

Pffft, I'm drinking man and using, beware! I'll chat your thread into oblivion te-he
  • macgyver likes this

#62 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,702 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2019 - 12:38 AM

I use peroxide also, much to the dismay of some. I swear by it.

#63 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 382 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:48 AM

Well here are some pics of the plates I did yesterday, 4 clone plates, and 4 transfers.

Also a pic of a really cool "Star" growth pattern in a plate from the original round.

20191121_153320.jpg 20191121_153515.jpg 20191121_154523.jpg

Also see some lil guys poking through the wet verm layer that I added which is good. I am a little bit concerned that I wont be able to identify contams under the verm, is there any way to avoid this Trojan Horse?

20191122_105904.jpg

Edited by macgyver, 22 November 2019 - 11:06 AM.

#64 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 382 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2019 - 07:01 PM

Today I prepped some BRF 1/2 Pints, and a bulk substrate of 450G Coir and 280G Verm with 14 cups of water to spawn these WBS jars into. The jars have been incubating for 19 days. Sub was mixed to field capacity and is now in the oven at 170 for 90 minutes. I'll be spawning to a monotub with a different design this time, I got if from a thread about the thermodynamics of a monotub. The way it was explained made sense and hopefully this design will provide a more even coverage of FAE during fruiting. I would link the thread, but shroomery :biggrin:

20191122_163149.jpg 20191122_185501.jpg

#65 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 382 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:31 PM

Looks like I finally have some clean Rhizomorphic plates. Is it a good thing/normal for the strands to be reaching up on agar? I know it is a nice sign to see in a monotub, not sure about agar though.

20191124_122138.jpg 20191124_122130.jpg 20191124_122108.jpg

• onediadem and FunG like this

#66 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,855 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 November 2019 - 05:07 PM

Looks like I finally have some clean Rhizomorphic plates. Is it a good thing/normal for the strands to be reaching up on agar? I know it is a nice sign to see in a monotub, not sure about agar though.

It's fine, in fact those are great strands to grab from, super strong and aggressive IMHO.

Edited by CatsAndBats, 24 November 2019 - 05:08 PM.

#67 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 382 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 November 2019 - 05:29 PM

If they are still clean after a few more days I plan on starting a couple grain master jars and trying my hand at G2G!

I'll let them grow out a little longer in the incubator, then move them to my culture fridge until I'm ready to use them.

When I remove cultures from the fridge is there a standard amount of time I should wait to let them re acclimate to room temperature before use?

#68 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,855 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 November 2019 - 05:33 PM

post-161107-0-48504300-1574616654.jpg

I'd grab from that aggro growth ASAP. That aerial myc is giving me an erection. I'd grab from the longest rhizo on the agar surface too.

• onediadem and macgyver like this

#69 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 382 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 November 2019 - 05:39 PM

I'm on it!

#70 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 382 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:35 PM

So I'm changing my set up around a little bit. I don't need stealth but I do like discretion. I'm designing a wardrobe incubator right now. I want to design it so later, if I choose It can be repurposed into a greenhouse tent. Right now I plan on using one column of the wardrobe as the main incubation shelving and the other two columns as storage. I plan to line the shelf column with cardboard and space blankets to insulate. Going to set up an inline thermostat at the bottom plugged in to a 50W light bulb and a computer fan for cool air intake. Still working out the details but the pictures below are my working blueprints and the wardrobe in question. I like it because it zips down with ease, has a wire frame that allows heat transfer and easy cleaning. If anyone has worked on something like this before I would love some input!

20191125_182453.jpg 20191125_182429.jpg 715ybD3uAdL._SL1500_.jpg

Also got this little baby fridge for culture storage. A little smaller than I would like but it fits my needs right now!

20191124_175239.jpg 20191124_175246.jpg

• onediadem, CatsAndBats and Moonless like this

#71 cybele

cybele

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 02:17 AM

My inner Gub-ment senses are tingling. You might want to keep your gloves on for pictures as well.

That culture is extremely aggressive! Keep it up Mac!
  • macgyver likes this

#72 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,791 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2019 - 02:33 AM

What does that wardrobe set you back after insulation and making it water resistant? https://www.amazon.c...&qid=1574753355

#73 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,702 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2019 - 02:51 AM

Grow tents are the bomb. Perfect for any application.

• RutgerHauer and macgyver like this

#74 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 827 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2019 - 03:31 AM

coorsmikey is on point today! Keep it simple, don't invent a wheel when someone has done that for you, though I understand it is fun to tinker and make stuff your own.

How about that fridge? When I bought my fridge for culture storage had to make sure it wasn't thermoelectric, since they won't cool enough when temperatures are high in the summer. Would work then to grow some cold weather species in the summertime.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 26 November 2019 - 03:31 AM.

#75 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 382 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2019 - 08:48 AM

wardrobe itself is 50, cardboard and space blankets I already have. Was going to paint over 1/8" thick pine wood with some acrylic paint but that would be pricey and unnecessary lol. Main thing I will need is the inline thermostat. May end up going with that tent down the line though... For an incubator, It would be pretty cheap, but to rig it up into a greenhouse, it probably would make more sense to just buy one :biggrin: I did notice in the amazon pictures that they had two of the shoe box containers on one shelf, which will be nice. I'll post some pics once I get it all together. Probably after thanksgiving.

Rutger- I like the fridge so far it is just so tiny... barely fits 6 regular soda cans. It'll be strictly for archived cultures I think.

#76 Nicked

Nicked

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 161 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2019 - 09:31 AM

wardrobe itself is 50, cardboard and space blankets I already have. Was going to paint over 1/8" thick pine wood with some acrylic paint but that would be pricey and unnecessary lol. Main thing I will need is the inline thermostat. May end up going with that tent down the line though... For an incubator, It would be pretty cheap, but to rig it up into a greenhouse, it probably would make more sense to just buy one :biggrin: I did notice in the amazon pictures that they had two of the shoe box containers on one shelf, which will be nice. I'll post some pics once I get it all together. Probably after thanksgiving.

Rutger- I like the fridge so far it is just so tiny... barely fits 6 regular soda cans. It'll be strictly for archived cultures I think.

I haven't had a chance to rig my tent up into an automated set up yet as i need to spend a little more than I can currently afford to so I've been using it as an incubator and it's been working really well. My tent's a touch smaller than the one @coorsmikey posted but otherwise basically identical. I rigged up an electric blanket hanging on the back wall and it keeps the temp at 25-26C (77-79F) in there constantly. 

#77 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 382 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2019 - 09:34 AM

I did consider the blanket, but a lot of people mentioned that it is more of a fire hazard than other methods, and can produce the heat unevenly. Do you have a fan in the tent to distribute the heat?

#78 Nicked

Nicked

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 161 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2019 - 09:44 AM

I did consider the blanket, but a lot of people mentioned that it is more of a fire hazard than other methods, and can produce the heat unevenly. Do you have a fan in the tent to distribute the heat?

The blanket is a single and basically fits the back wall of the tent exactly. It was what I had on hand and isn't my final plan for the tent. I plan on getting a fogger bucket sorted and using a second tote with an aquarium heater inside the tent. Something similar to the way Asura has his Martha set up for Pans (https://mycotopia.ne...s/#entry1426988). Using it as an incubator is a temporary solution while I get everything else together and figure out a different plan for an incubator. Might just get a second tent but that might be overkill in terms of available space. Will cross that bridge when I get to it.. 

EDIT: no I don't currently have a fan in there but the heat seems to remain even across the whole tent with how I have set the blanket up

Edited by Nicked, 26 November 2019 - 09:47 AM.

• macgyver likes this

#79 Stencill86

Stencill86

Mycophiliac

• Black VIP
  • 96 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2019 - 09:45 AM

So I harvested my mini tub today, rate of growth was absolutely crazy once those pins popped up.
//<![CDATA[
(function(){for(var g="function"==typeof Object.defineProperties?Object.defineProperty:function(b,c,a){if(a.get||a.set)throw new TypeError("ES3 does not support getters and setters.");b!=Array.prototype&&b!=Object.prototype&&(b[c]=a.value)},h="undefined"!=typeof window&&window===this?this:"undefined"!=typeof global&&null!=global?global:this,k=["String","prototype","repeat"],l=0;l<k.length-1;l++){var m=k[l];m in h||(h[m]={});h=h[m]}var n=k[k.length-1],p=h[n],q=p?p:function(b){var c;if(null==this)throw new TypeError("The 'this' value for String.prototype.repeat must not be null or undefined");c=this+"";if(0>b||1342177279<b)throw new RangeError("Invalid count value");b|=0;for(var a="";b;)if(b&1&&(a+=c),b>>>=1)c+=c;return a};q!=p&&null!=q&&g(h,n,{configurable:!0,writable:!0,value:q});var t=this;function u(b,c){var a=b.split("."),d=t;a[0]in d||!d.execScript||d.execScript("var "+a[0]);for(var e;a.length&&(e=a.shift());)a.length||void 0===c?d[e]?d=d[e]:d=d[e]={}:d[e]=c};function v(b){var c=b.length;if(0<c){for(var a=Array©,d=0;d<c;d++)a[d]=b[d];return a}return[]};function w(b){var c=window;if(c.addEventListener)c.addEventListener("load",b,!1);else if(c.attachEvent)c.attachEvent("onload",b);else{var a=c.onload;c.onload=function(){b.call(this);a&&a.call(this)}}};var x;function y(b,c,a,d,e){this.h=b;this.j=c;this.l=a;this.f=e;this.g={height:window.innerHeight||document.documentElement.clientHeight||document.body.clientHeight,width:window.innerWidth||document.documentElement.clientWidth||document.body.clientWidth};this.i=d;this.b={};this.a=[];this.c={}}function z(b,c){var a,d,e=c.getAttribute("data-pagespeed-url-hash");if(a=e&&!(e in b.c))if(0>=c.offsetWidth&&0>=c.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{d=c.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=d.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);d=d.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+d;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.g.height&&d<=b.g.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.c[e]=!0)}y.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&z(this,b)};u("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){x.checkImageForCriticality(b)});u("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){A(x)});function A(b){b.b={};for(var c=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],d=0;d<c.length;++d)a=a.concat(v(document.getElementsByTagName(c[d])));if(a.length&&a[0].getBoundingClientRect){for(d=0;c=a[d];++d)z(b,c);a="oh="+b.l;b.f&&(a+="&n="+b.f);if(c=!!b.a.length)for(a+="&ci="+encodeURIComponent(b.a[0]),d=1;d<b.a.length;++d){var e=","+encodeURIComponent(b.a[d]);131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.i&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(B())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),c=!0);C=a;if©{d=b.h;b=b.j;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch®{try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(D){}}f&&(f.open("POST",d+(-1==d.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}}function B(){var b={},c;c=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(!c.length)return{};var a=c[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var d=0;a=c[d];++d){var e=a.getAttribute("data-pagespeed-url-hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0<a.width&&0<a.height&&0<a.naturalWidth&&0<a.naturalHeight||e in b&&a.width>=b[e].o&&a.height>=b[e].m)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b}var C="";u("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return C});u("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,c,a,d,e,f){var r=new y(b,c,a,e,f);x=r;d&&w(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){A®},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','https://mycotopia.ne...lse,WaPk3_kdXXg');
//]]>attachicon.gif20191119_112455.jpgattachicon.gif20191119_113439.jpg
As you can probably tell from these pics I tore up the sub quite a bit when I was picking, I did a pseudo casing of wet verm over top to try and patch it a little.
Should I dunk this mini tub to initiate the second flush the same way you would a monotub? Any advice on what my next step is would be greatly appreciated!
attachicon.gif20191119_114932.jpgattachicon.gif20191119_114456.jpg

Catching up on this thread, very nice work man, and this is a beauty tray!
  • macgyver likes this

#80 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 382 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2019 - 01:05 PM

The blanket is a single and basically fits the back wall of the tent exactly. It was what I had on hand and isn't my final plan for the tent. I plan on getting a fogger bucket sorted and using a second tote with an aquarium heater inside the tent. Something similar to the way Asura has his Martha set up for Pans (https://mycotopia.ne...s/#entry1426988). Using it as an incubator is a temporary solution while I get everything else together and figure out a different plan for an incubator. Might just get a second tent but that might be overkill in terms of available space. Will cross that bridge when I get to it.. 

EDIT: no I don't currently have a fan in there but the heat seems to remain even across the whole tent with how I have set the blanket up

https://mycotopia.ne...r/#entry1429206 I've been using this and it works really well. Doesn't seem to dry projects out like I thought it would and I have a 25 watt and 50 watt bulb depending on the ambient temperature.

I might still use it but I like the wardrobe design because it will allow me to incubate my mini tubs also. And once I get the thermostat, it should be pretty low maintenance.

Lol I tried to make a heat bomb but the aquarium heater I have is not programmable so it keeps the water at 78...

@Stencill Thank you thank you!!!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!