#21 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,584 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2019 - 04:37 AM

If you up it to a 24 hour light cycle it will twist up it's nickers and look a little funny for a bit, but will go back to straight veg mode and grow all winter like that. Next spring (if you keep it under a small fluorescent that's on all the time), it will be 2 to 3 feet tall and pretty healthy if you keep a fan on it for main stem strength, (occasionally, not necessarily full time with the fan).

Then you can put it outside when the sun starts having enough light to not have it immediately go to flower, and it will grow flowers again and this time will spring to huge well ahead of anything you plant in the spring. (Mine grew to 15 feet tall).

I found this to be a very labor free way to grow, it just wasn't a good match with the fungus gnats due to being too close proximity.

Moving them to another location solved that with a little H2O2 added to soil.

If they did turn out to be male, I take one branch and put it in a plastic bag. Don't let it leak near females, and when it's time to pollinate for seeds, just put the empty bag over one branch of your female plant just for a second and it will grow seeds on that one branch. Easy peasy, and guaranteed to work. The pollen is very effective and anything let loose in the air will grow seeds, (and rob all the energy from your 30% thc), so be careful with that magic wand.

• Hash_Man, CatsAndBats and Melonmuziq like this

#22 Advocate4TheMT

Advocate4TheMT

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 338 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2019 - 08:35 PM

It might be a hermaphrodite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More like a hempaphrodite!
Clever

• CatsAndBats likes this

#23 Advocate4TheMT

Advocate4TheMT

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 338 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2019 - 08:36 PM

It will a few good weeks to revert her back to veg from flowering. Try boosting to 20-24 hours. That should speed things up. I always ran 24 hours and dropped to 12 when I started flower cycle..

Me as well.

• onediadem and CatsAndBats like this

#24 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,796 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 November 2019 - 08:52 PM

Well I upped her light cycle to 20. She looks great except for her bottom leaves.

The other leaves are straight green ass green, the lighting just makes them look like they're yellowing, I assure y'all that they're green.

What's up with the bottom leaves though?

post-147940-0-79462800-1575078674.jpg

post-147940-0-67254000-1575078679.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• mj thanksgiving2.jpg
  • mj thanksgiving1.jpg

• ethnobotanist420 likes this

#25 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,658 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 November 2019 - 11:39 PM

She lookes a bit hungry to me, Cat. Are you still feeding her what you had stated before?

To me this looks like a nitrogen deficiency and I would maybe give her some magnesium too but I am, admittedly, not the best at distinguishing between deficiencies sometimes so I would wait for someone else to confirm or deny my diagnosis before you do anything lol

Are you PHing your water?

Also I would transplant her pretty soon... she’s been alive a while she would probably really like to stretch her legs out.

Edit: another thing to keep in mind is that she is really stressed right now trying to switch back from flower to veg... a bigger pot and maybe even a dose of kelp might help a lot as is.

Edited by ethnobotanist420, 29 November 2019 - 11:53 PM.

• CatsAndBats likes this

#26 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,796 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:19 PM

She lookes a bit hungry to me, Cat. Are you still feeding her what you had stated before?

To me this looks like a nitrogen deficiency and I would maybe give her some magnesium too but I am, admittedly, not the best at distinguishing between deficiencies sometimes so I would wait for someone else to confirm or deny my diagnosis before you do anything lol

Also I would transplant her pretty soon... she’s been alive a while she would probably really like to stretch her legs out.

Edit: another thing to keep in mind is that she is really stressed right now trying to switch back from flower to veg... a bigger pot and maybe even a dose of kelp might help a lot as is.

She (and all of my cacti/succulents/plants) got magnesium in their last watering, so I doubt that that's it.

Today everyone got a slightly more N heavy fert, like ~3.

I checked the pH with strips and I'm in the 6-7 pH range, I'll do another test with my liquid testers when I transplant her to a bigger pot.

Thanks a lot for your help ethno, including having my back on that other thread  ;)

Oh and I'm using this page for supplemental info:

https://www.growweed...s-leaves-yellow

Look good?

Edited by CatsAndBats, 01 December 2019 - 08:20 PM.

• ethnobotanist420 likes this

#27 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,551 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:35 PM

Hey Catz!

I can't help you much but I will say yes the pics you initially posted definitely overwatering.. but guess that's been resolved... You know your using a bloom formula? also its organic, so what's the big deal it's being organic? the pHing is different it's also slower uptake, you really need a supported regime of humics, kelp amino acids and such in order for it to break down into the ionic form that's on the label... so I'm not verses that way but check into that. but anyway currently that plant is looking Nitrogen deficient and maybe generally deficient.. sorry can't help further but maybe someone here may be more familiar with Organics than myself

Edit: excessive magnesium will inhibit nitrogen uptake.

Edited by Hash_Man, 01 December 2019 - 10:32 PM.

• ethnobotanist420 and CatsAndBats like this

#28 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,658 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2019 - 11:31 PM

She (and all of my cacti/succulents/plants) got magnesium in their last watering, so I doubt that that's it.

Today everyone got a slightly more N heavy fert, like ~3.

I checked the pH with strips and I'm in the 6-7 pH range, I'll do another test with my liquid testers when I transplant her to a bigger pot.

Thanks a lot for your help ethno, including having my back on that other thread ;)

Oh and I'm using this page for supplemental info:

https://www.growweed...s-leaves-yellow

Look good?

No problem man! I owe a lot to the information you’ve shared here! I’m glad I could help I could help in some way lol

And don’t worry, I always got ur back bro ;) you’re good people, Cat.

Edit: excessive magnesium will inhibit nitrogen uptake.

Oh shit I didn’t know that... thanks man that’s really good to know.

Edited by ethnobotanist420, 01 December 2019 - 11:38 PM.

• CatsAndBats likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!