33 replies to this topic

#1 Julianie

Julianie

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 10:33 AM

Hi Everyone....

I haven't been doing this that long but I went from my first PF Tek to a small bulk grow (15L/16Q) within 6 or 7 months. 

My bulk however had almost no strength. I tried 2G cracker dry & nothing....3G and still not even visuals. I would have expected something....anything....at 3G.

Here is the source:

TSW Syringe>BRF PF TEK>Spore Print from first & biggest fruit>Agar>Wheat Berry>2:1 coir/grain.

Results looked great and I had 20G dry from first & 25G from 2nd flush, but....low potency.

I still have the spore print left but is it even worth starting some agar from the same print or is it time for a new source?

I have a very accurate lab scale, didn't eat for 4 or 5 hours before, and no other medications to interfere. 

TIA!

#2 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 10:37 AM

What family were they from? That sounds odd, but seems more like a genetics issue that something you did. I’m just guessing on this one though.
  • makinbones69 likes this

#3 Julianie

Julianie

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 10:39 AM

I think I harvested first flush a lil too early but I didn't think this would change potency too much, maybe I'm wrong.

IMG_20191026_181619.jpg signal-2019-11-03-091323.jpg
  • FunG likes this

#4 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 10:40 AM

It wouldn’t effect it that much.

#5 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 10:43 AM

An early harvest won't affect potency, now a late harvest can affect it some.

I'd agree it's just it's most likely genetics. It happens

What is TSW syringe?

And what did you spawn these to in the sub in bulk grow?

Peace

Edited by crazy1, 09 November 2019 - 10:45 AM.

#6 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 10:44 AM

The spore works I was guessing
  • crazy1 likes this

#7 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 10:47 AM

I was to, but wanted to be sure.

Then what strain is it?

Sooooo many questions

Peace

#8 Julianie

Julianie

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 10:53 AM

Please keep the questions coming!

Yes, syringe was from The Spore Works. I didn't document too well early on but I had a grab bag of B+, PE, Golden Teacher. Which 1 I printed I do not remember.

I spawned them to a simple 2:1 of straight coir (BODs TEK) and wheat berry. I did not add anything else to the mix. Not even a casing. 

#9 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 11:08 AM

From the stuff you said there really shouldn’t be an issue with the grow.
I’m leaning toward genetics. @CatsAndBats had mentioned something about magnesium deficiency having an effect on the body processing. Maybe it’s just you?

#10 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,690 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 November 2019 - 11:11 AM

Do you take any medication for anxiety or depression? Perhaps Tramadol for pain which a lot of folks don't realize is an SNRI? IME Most cases of mushrooms having zero effect at 3gr seems to link back to this. In all the years I have been cultivating I have had mushrooms that were much stronger than expected and some that were weaker. Never any that had zero effect at those doses. Even comparing mushrooms that were grown in the worst conditions still have some effect. 

I read the OP again and saw "and no other medications to interfere", Was the spores Labeled GT or B+?

#11 Julianie

Julianie

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 11:23 AM

Unfortunately I don't remember if the syringe was B+ or GT. 

#12 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,799 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:12 PM

Maybe take a magnesium supplement on your next trip.

https://mycotopia.ne...-3#entry1410459

• adrian118, Misfit and makinbones69 like this

#13 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 01:42 PM

Maybe take a magnesium supplement on your next trip.

https://mycotopia.ne...-3#entry1410459

Thanks for the link
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#14 adrian118

adrian118

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 11:09 PM

OP, how was the potency on your initial pf-tek grows? Same spore sources on those?

On the topic of genetics. Are we saying that all the spores in the syringe are of a low potency genetics? in which case would you'd need to start with a whole new syringe or print?

Im also trying to work out a low potency issue. Working from prints, on a few attempts of two different variants from two different sources, ive experienced similar low potency results. Im gonna keep trying with other prints or other varieties, cubes btw, but im jus wondering still about this genetics thing and trying to understand...

Edited by adrian118, 09 November 2019 - 11:18 PM.

#15 Randys67

Randys67

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 11:56 PM

I have had the exact same results with GT and B+ Exactly. Folks say that's impossible and it must be me. I really think it's the shrooms. I wonder if they are replicated so much they lose potency. Bit I am now TRYING to bulk fruit Penis Envy and APE. It's been 8 days with no pins but I'm patient

I will follow this thread closely to see the responses you get. Ty for your post

Sent from my LML713DL using Tapatalk
  • coorsmikey likes this

#16 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 426 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 November 2019 - 10:35 AM

I've had a MS GT tub that was like playing Russian roulette. One time you eat 3.5g and nothing but a very light body buzz so you bump it on up to 5g and still no visuals. Then you wait a week and go back to that batch and start off with 3g have an expected low/near microdose and instead it feels closer to 5g of average cubes
  • coorsmikey, adrian118 and Misfit like this

#17 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:47 AM

I've had a MS GT tub that was like playing Russian roulette. One time you eat 3.5g and nothing but a very light body buzz so you bump it on up to 5g and still no visuals. Then you wait a week and go back to that batch and start off with 3g have an expected low/near microdose and instead it feels closer to 5g of average cubes

I was just thinking about you yesterday. Hope all is well.

#18 Julianie

Julianie

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 07:28 PM

Is the amount of blue seen in a cracker dry stem any indication of potency? 

Also... I am still undecided if I should continue with the original spore print I have that produced these results.

Whats the verdict....try another tub or find new source?

#19 Julianie

Julianie

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 07:31 PM

OP, how was the potency on your initial pf-tek grows? Same spore sources on those?

My original grows were from a Spore Works syringe and I printed the largest which I used for the bulk tub which made these low potency results.

I didnt have alot of fruit from the PF TEK but the 2G I tried were certainly stronger than the 3G from the tub. 

• adrian118 likes this

#20 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,690 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 November 2019 - 07:40 PM

Send me a safe addy via PM? I'll send you a print that should knock your socks off. If it doesn't we will will know that it's you and not a vendor lol. Some (me included are just hard headed) people just need a larger quantity to get there, some get mindfucked with none.  Assuming you can cultivate from a print rather than syringe?

Edited by coorsmikey, 10 November 2019 - 07:43 PM.

• adrian118 and Randys67 like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!