pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,985 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2019 - 10:05 AM

do yourself a favor and forget them now

because they'll be Memory Holed pdq

because they're distractions and irritants, not of substance and probably not of truth

I'll get around to entering new names as they pop up in the drama, and dig backward to enter the names already Memory Holed but got people SO worked up. If the pattern remains true names should last a couple weeks in the news cycle and then be cycled out for new/retooled tools

the Never Named Anonymous Source, dozens of them

any unnamed Whistleblower                                                                   (note to self, Ukraine call starts approx Oct 1)

Eric Ciaramella

Colonel Vindman

what'shername Blasey Ford et al

Edited by pharmer, 11 November 2019 - 10:36 AM.

• CatsAndBats likes this

#2 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,769 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2019 - 03:03 PM

Forgive me, but when you start telling me to ignore people and  information for my own good, I tend to wonder why the man behind the curtain wants it so...

So with all due respect, I hope you dont mind if I decide for myself what to believe, and who to listen to.

• roscoe, Baphom3t and CatsAndBats like this

#3 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,985 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:44 AM

Listen and believe as you please. For goodness sake we can't go anywhere on tv, radio, print, or internet and avoid these people. Even if we want to. In our face relentlessly.

What I'm trying to do is point out to everybody (but Juthro) is that these actors are going to come and go on the stage having done nothing but throwing unprovable shizz on the Target. And then they'll be sent on their way, consequence free, and forgotten. Only the shizz stain remains. We know this is true because we've seen it going on for three years.

The larger point is not the Orange Man, not the parties, but what's being done TO all of us in this shizz storm of a show trial.

Orange is going be gone sooner or later  and we're going to be stuck with the inevitable consequence of accepting this shizz show and letting it run us all down. And if he's run off with a river of lies then anybody involved in it should be shamed and shunned for stooping that low.

Think back five short years, then ten, then twenty ( if the reader happens to be old enough to do that :)  )

This kind of shit storm of lies and innuendo didn't happen and people were happier and saner for it. Compare that to today when not one idea can be floated before somebody on one side of the bloodlust or the other jump on it and tell the other to shut up. This ain't right and definitely not good.

This National Politics Sickness is going to take us all down.

Juthro mentions the man behind the curtain. Excellent point. Who's behind the Democrat curtain?  Whose behind the Republican curtain?

Who or what is Donald Trump? Damned if I know. He moves around more than a weathervain.

What I do know is this shizz show has been going on long enough to see that facts presented are not facts. Facts stay the same. In this shizz storm yesterdays' Fact is tomorrows lint in the Memory Hole *  - fairly quickly after being exposed as shizz and unprovable.

People who intend to do you good don't need to lie to you. Thugs, conmen, grifters, and dark power seekers do.

So, again, spend your time as you will. But be careful who you listen to, what you believe, and what to believe after the Facts you've been fed are shown to be bogus.

Then, the real challenge - be honest with yourself about what you already accepted as true - for no good reason at all.............and why

This is my only point. I don't give a fig about Orange. I do care about what's being done to him BECAUSE really it's being done to US.

This is divide and conquer, pure and simple, and it is US who will help conquer ourselves if we don't snap out of the Sickness.

Forgive me, but when you start telling me to ignore people and  information for my own good, I tend to wonder why the man behind the curtain wants it so...

My apologies if the suggestions contained herein come across as orders. Of course I'm in no position to order anybody around. I will try to cajole people I care about into a situation where their thinking aligns perfectly with mine :)

*lint in the Memory Hole     copyright Pharmer      :)

Edited by pharmer, 13 November 2019 - 12:17 PM.

• Skywatcher, Alder Logs and Oneyedraven like this

#4 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,821 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 12:17 PM

Ha ha.  I seemed to have had either the wisdom or foolishness to somehow keep myself in a position to not even know who those names were.   I just naturally seemed to steer clear of all of it, because it was clear at the start that the so-called whistleblower was not a true whistleblower, but a deep state minion plant.  Whistleblowers, on the other hand, are now prosecuted [read: framed] under the Espionage Act.    The deep state powers behind both parties have broadcast and print networks sponsored by Boeing, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, etc.  The richest man in the world won't give his workers piss breaks, owns the newspaper of record in the nation's capital, sits on a Pentagon board, and currently holds a $600million contract with the CIA and is working on bigger ones with the rest of the alphabet agencies, and never gives a disclaimer or reports these conflicts of interest.  Meanwhile, The New York Times is the Washington Post's fraternal conjoined twin and we get show trials, bread, and circuses, while the biosphere melts on our way to WWIII for an energy system that's killing everyone anyway.    The meanest inmates rule this asylum, and they wobble across that thin line between genius and insanity.  I think we should each get our affairs in order and enjoy, as best we can, the last days of Earth. 

Namasté

Edited by Alder Logs, 13 November 2019 - 12:23 PM.

#5 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,769 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:19 PM

I am sorry that me deciding to process the information for myself, and not ignore it by putting cotton in my ears upsets you.  But I'm still not buying the 'Nothing to see here, move along.' philosophy.

IMHO being passive and ignoring it is the equivalent to accepting it as the norm, and while I might not be able to keep it from happening, I will not be quite about it while its being forced down my throat just to make the process smoother for everyone involved.

• roscoe, Baphom3t and CatsAndBats like this

#6 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,645 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:16 PM

I don't watch the news anymore. Not even the local shit. I have no idea what or what not to believe. Its all a bunch of bull shit anyway. Just causes anger and anxiety. I feel much better now that I NEVER watch the news. I may read a bit on my own but I never watch that crap on tv.
  • Myc, Cuboid, Oneyedraven and 1 other like this

#7 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,985 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:34 PM

Oh, trust me, I'd be most content to ignore all this crap

Except

As I've been hammering on mercilessly - the crap is not without consequence.

The karma sea we all swim around in is being fouled in the foulest sort of way. If there can be no karma without truth then we are or are about to be swimming in a sea that can't sustain healthy living.

and since I'm rich with metaphor lately - these proceedings are the Fukushima of decency/karma

I'd accept that the motivations for what's behind it are good except that now 3 years of the proceedings have proved only one thing so far - we can't trust the people to tell us the truth - and in our face brazenly so

why this idea is controversial is beyond me

Edited by pharmer, 13 November 2019 - 03:39 PM.

#8 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,769 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:06 PM

Sticking your head in the sand is not going to make this go away. 

This is more then just a discussion of impeachment of this president, it is about determining boundaries of how our elected officials should conduct themselves, and whether they can be held accountable for their actions when they  are illegal.  So in short it's more about the next president then this one.  But if you really dont give a shit about any of it, then why even bring it up?

• roscoe likes this

#9 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,985 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:22 PM

because I enjoy seeing how many times you'll ignore the words I've typed?

and if we're truly concerned about how presidents act are we going to stick our heads in the sand re: unlawful wars? thousands or millions of dead people so money can be made on tax dollars?

damn! as a matter of scale which is more important?  unpleasant personality and possible misdemeanors or wholesale murder for profit? if murder is more important then this country has a whole bunch of retroactive president smashing to be done. Or at least smash this one for a good reason, like the wars he's presiding over, not this petty poo that's all over the show trial of the last three years

no, this is a bloodlust for one man. one odd and weird man. and look what it's doing to people

why this idea is controversial is beyond me

• Oneyedraven likes this

#10 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,769 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:46 PM

I always have valued your words Pharmer, and I still do.  Your opinion has always been important to me, but I take it for what it is, as an opinion, and not as gospel, nor as instruction.  I still  get too, and will, make up my own mind.

If you want to believe that the odd little man has done nothing worthy of the shit storm he is swimming in, then that is your call brother, but I strongly disagree.

Edited by Juthro, 13 November 2019 - 04:48 PM.

• roscoe and Cuboid like this

#11 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,821 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 07:00 PM

If we are to impeach, then by all and any means, impeach for what Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, and Obama have done before what the Buffoon In Chief now is doing as well, and do not just open the door for Pence to do more of the same.  Both parties are War Crimes Parties, not even vanilla and chocolate, not even Pepsi and Coke, they are equally guilty in the crime of extending a villainous empire that pretends to be the home team, the good guys.   But then, their owners own the press to control our range of thought.  

I just was over at the neighbors' working on a jigsaw puzzle while she had MSNBC blasting in the next room.  It was sickening what I heard.  These people would have us in WWIII with Russia to keep their games going along.   It is unsustainable.   There is no political solution when the politics are so corrupted, because the true issue is corruption, and getting a tiny bit of it done for show is what will let it go on, business as usual. 

BTW:

post-131808-0-18171100-1573226958.png

Edited by Alder Logs, 13 November 2019 - 07:05 PM.

• dial8 and Baphom3t like this

#12 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,985 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 08:39 PM

Juthro, right back at you bro. Nothin' like a little row at the dinner table :)

All I'm suggesting to anyone reading is that they consider the possibility that the people running this show are not honest brokers of information. That is possible, right?

charlie-brown-football-gif-2.gif

Charlie just never got it. Lucy was going to do it every time. "No Charlie, this time it's Ukrainegate. This time I will not remove the ball"

Alder, technically impeachment is for sitting presidents. To get at the old ones it seems likely criminal prosecution would have to be the route. I'm all for it. All of them who are still alive and any co-consipirators who can be proven. One would guess that  a dozen convictions with life time sentences would slow the roll of the next potential war maker.

It's a pleasant fantasy, anyway.

Edited by pharmer, 13 November 2019 - 08:44 PM.

#13 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,796 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 08:51 PM

Shouldn't some of these "deep state" threads be merged? It seems like I've read all of these arguments before.

sml_gallery_147940_1513_4238.png

• ethnobotanist420 likes this

#14 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,821 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 09:55 PM

It's a pleasant fantasy, anyway.

Yup. That's all it wuz.

#15 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,821 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 09:58 PM

After being in the next room from MSNBC today, I had this thought while making my dinner.

Cable news is click bait for old people.

Edited by Alder Logs, 13 November 2019 - 10:00 PM.

• Oneyedraven likes this

#16 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,985 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:28 AM

Damn :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

this looks so familiar

from the movie They Live. Awesome on many levels. The sunglasses are called Hoffman Lenses and reveal the world for what it is. Sometimes used as a pro-drug metaphor. Looks more like a reveal the man behind the curtain movie.

[Direct Link]

Edited by pharmer, 14 November 2019 - 10:09 AM.

#17 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,645 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:27 AM

Well like I said I don't watch the news. I do however keep up with what's going on. I have learned well enough by now what these people are all about and watching the news only reinforces that knowledge. I don't need to keep getting myself worked up every evening to understand how ALL politicians lie lie lie. They are so predictable. Just insert the words "bull shit" every time they open their mouths.

I choose peace of mind over listening to their lies. That being said, we are being taken down a very slippery road and one that will eventually (if sustained) will take away most of our rights. That day i'm certain will never come because of the uprising that will meet them head on, but I don't need to listen to lies every night, that are designed to turn my head, to know exactly who they are.
  • Baphom3t, Alder Logs and ElPirana like this

#18 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,985 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:49 AM

You peeps who can ^^^^^^ are probably saner than the rest of us

My thing is I'm irritated beyond description that those bastards are using my tax dollars on anything but what they're supposed to be used for

and using the lies as cover to take my rights

and this discussion cannot be complete without acknowledging that there probably is not one news outlet on tv, radio, print that isn't 100% owned by people in the same bed every night with the bastards in gummit.

the internet still has some hope of being a check on all that but I'll bet that window is being sealed up as we speak

anybody not familiar with the term Overton Window?

The Overton window is the range of ideas tolerated in public discourse, also known as the window of discourse. The term is named after Joseph P. Overton, who stated that an idea's political viability depends mainly on whether it falls within this range, rather than on politicians' individual preferences. According to Overton, the window contains the range of policies that a politician can recommend without appearing too extreme to gain or keep public office in the current climate of public opinion.Wikipedia

..............and what  can be said on certain platforms anymore, and likely everywhere soon.

keep that powder dry :tinfoil:

oops, better not say that either

Edited by pharmer, 14 November 2019 - 11:50 AM.

• Alder Logs likes this

#19 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,821 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:03 PM

Cable news is click bait for old people.

...and I wrote this at age 72.

[Direct Link]

Crimson flames tied through my ears
Rollin' high and mighty traps
Pounced with fire on flaming roads
Using ideas as my maps
"We'll meet on edges, soon," said I
Proud 'neath heated brow
Ah, but I was so much older then
I'm younger than that now.

Half-wracked prejudice leaped forth
"Rip down all hate," I screamed
Lies that life is black and white
Spoke from my skull, I dreamed
Romantic facts of musketeers
Foundationed deep, somehow

Girls' faces formed the forward path
From phony jealousy
To memorizing politics
Of ancient history
Flung down by corpse evangelists
Unthought of, though, somehow

A self-ordained professor's tongue
Too serious to fool
Spouted out that liberty
Is just equality in school
"Equality," I spoke their word
As if a wedding vow

In a soldier's stance, I aimed my hand
At the mongrel dogs who teach
Fearing not I'd become my enemy
In the instant that I preach
My existence led by confusion boats
Mutiny from stern to bow

Yes, my guard stood hard when abstract threats
Too noble to neglect
Deceived me into thinking
I had something to protect
Good and bad, I define these terms
Quite clear, no doubt, somehow

Edited by Alder Logs, 14 November 2019 - 02:14 PM.

• dial8 likes this

#20 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,769 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:06 PM

All politicians  being crooked and lairs is not a defense strategy for politicians.  This is not an out for Cheeto, and his band of misfits, he needs to held accountable. If only the true and pure could  prosecute the wicked, there would be no need for court houses.

NOT pressing this investigation and letting these action be deemed as normal operating procedure is taking away your rights as well.

Keep rattling your cup on the bars if it makes you feel better, but this isn't going away.

• roscoe likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!