#1 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,779 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:11 PM

I would like to give a thank you for service to all that gave some of their selves for the greater good.

[Direct Link]

#2 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,796 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:23 PM

AmericanFlag2.jpg

• makinbones69 likes this

#3 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 03:29 PM

Thank you all for your service and sacrifice. You are appreciated

#4 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,985 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2019 - 07:37 PM

Much better than being remembered on Memorial Day

Veterans Day is bittersweet for most I think. You have memories of the good times the service can provide. All that in the context of being young and strong and the world still being an enormous pile of fun and mystery.

and then you remember the reasons you went, and how they vanished like a fart in the wind before the conflicts were over and everybody is still stuck on a line for the months or years it takes to get out "with honor"

if you're lucky the worst you get is survivors' guilt

the only thing that changes before and after the conflict is the good intentions of the kids who get caught up in it

and by the way -  I think that's what we should be remembering

It's easy to get jaded by government lying and manipulating into war but it's good to see so many people who can find gratitude and a kind word for those who join and serve.

Edited by pharmer, 11 November 2019 - 07:54 PM.

• Juthro, CatsAndBats and Oneyedraven like this

#5 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:48 PM

I never know what to say except thank you as well. ill always be there for what i believe to be the greater good. I just thank anyone who thanks a veteran it means a lot to us thank you!

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,835 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2019 - 01:26 AM

I will invoke my status as an honorably discharged war vet with my take on this Armistice Day (the day that celebrates the ending of the war to end all wars -- we might ask why the name of the day was changed to Veterans Day).  I was duped (which isn't hard to do with most seventeen year old kids), not knowing that my government would have me in an illegal war before long. 

I thank activists, as they are the ones who really got nearly all of our rights and freedoms, and they weren't working for the corrupters of our government, who have young people go out to kill and die, not for the country, but for their economic interests.  So, from here I think I will let George Carlin take the next verse:

[Direct Link]

Edited by Alder Logs, 12 November 2019 - 01:37 PM.

• Juthro and SteampunkScientist like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!