• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 202 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 06:15 PM

hey guys damn! it’s POPPing here now i can see with so many people growing and talking about it!!! It’s so good to see. Well i have my blue magnolia here pinning but i don’t know maybe 1-2 of these pins are aborts. they look maybe going black on me. I just put them in more light we’ll better light so more humidity. And i’m trynna mist and fan more i don’t really fam i just open the jar but i see now i must fan with soemthing to make sure the wind go inside the cake. Like breathe. Well just asking maybe i should pick these smalls ones if they don’t grow in a day. Been like 3 days of these but none of them have tooken off yet. any help would be great! * i know it takes 3-5 for the pin for form and then another 3-5 days to mature. but i only see 1-2 pins with rapid steady growth. others are struggling

Attached Thumbnails

• D15AE2F6-D8DF-48F8-BF40-B68B625BFB74.jpeg
  • D538CEAE-E507-4549-9EC4-2FF390158666.jpeg
  • BE3B4A7D-3EED-4E97-966B-3F80CA1F4613.jpeg
  • 4F142CD6-7780-46F5-80BD-6C956CE054AE.jpeg
  • 4D85EEDF-E792-4699-B182-4B1DD689FCE6.jpeg
  • 01A457EC-EAA8-445A-839E-B704C0F4E5D2.jpeg

Edited by stonnerkidd, 11 November 2019 - 06:21 PM.

• Sidestreet likes this

#2 FunG

FunG

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 342 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 06:29 PM

Excellent work getting to fruiting.

What's your humidity like?

Just be patient with pins, most of the time the pin sets are uneven with Ms genetics so one cluster like you have will develop before another cluster grows somewhere else....

Patience is key
  • Sidestreet, dial8 and macgyver like this

#3 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,596 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2019 - 06:36 PM

Well I wouldn't disturb them by picking any.  I am curious about your humidity too.  Can we see them in their fruiting environment?

• dial8 likes this

#4 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 06:42 PM

Nice pics! but did you remove the cake from the FC to take them?

#5 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 202 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 09:11 PM

i just have a old cookie jar and have 4 holes on the lid and 4 holes on the bottom near the lid. so total 8 holes not too big. like a chop stick thickness. lol. i’m thinking i need a better tub or something to really keep the humidity and stuff sealed in their. i also have my Ac running to kinda keep em cool in this so cal hot weather but lmk if that’s a no no or keep it a min. i don’t want too many holes and want the cake to dry up like my other one i did by mistake. maybe i’m just tripping and they only need the 4 holes on the lid and i’m giving too much air exchange plus the fanning.

Attached Thumbnails

• 041B9DE0-6E42-4E78-8282-36D5D7097E15.jpeg
  • CD07661A-4FA3-4507-A58F-725DFDC851CC.jpeg

• adrian118 likes this

#6 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,690 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2019 - 09:19 PM

Those pins are infected/aborted or something that I can pinpoint. Maybe dry bubble or wet bubble, The cake is not showing for sure signals to call it exactly. the may even be just aborts or terminations on not necessarily infected. I would not give up on those cakes either. I would pluck them but that's just me. I hope I'm wrong and the do well. I have been watching your progress in hope that you may have some prints to share soon so I really would rather succeed than not. It's hard to tell from the size though, but it looks as those pins are pigmented. The Blue Magnolia I know is a leucistic hybrid with red spores and is a highly strain only shared with other instructed not to share it. I was wondering how you got that strain to begin with if it was a true "Blue Mag."  Anyway....Blah Blah, Pins shouldn't have secondary metabolites excreting from the caps.

• dial8 and adrian118 like this

#7 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 202 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:19 PM

Those pins are infected/aborted or something that I can pinpoint. Maybe dry bubble or wet bubble, The cake is not showing for sure signals to call it exactly. the may even be just aborts or terminations on not necessarily infected. I would not give up on those cakes either. I would pluck them but that's just me. I hope I'm wrong and the do well. I have been watching your progress in hope that you may have some prints to share soon so I really would rather succeed than not. It's hard to tell from the size though, but it looks as those pins are pigmented. The Blue Magnolia I know is a leucistic hybrid with red spores and is a highly strain only shared with other instructed not to share it. I was wondering how you got that strain to begin with if it was a true "Blue Mag." Anyway....Blah Blah, Pins shouldn't have secondary metabolites excreting from the caps.

i will pluck if i see no growth tomorrow or next few days. Should i dunk again for like 8-12 hours? and oh! i got them from “ doc.dank.seeds. on instagram. he’s a vet and grows and test many strains outdoors and montube and i seem reviews to see ifs legit and yeah! he only had 3 strains blue mag, Burma, mazepetec. He also added Blue Rust Mag and Albino GT, and Albino PE. he sells hemp seeds and syringes thru he’s website. Very good info and he responds very well

#8 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 202 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:20 PM

Those pins are infected/aborted or something that I can pinpoint. Maybe dry bubble or wet bubble, The cake is not showing for sure signals to call it exactly. the may even be just aborts or terminations on not necessarily infected. I would not give up on those cakes either. I would pluck them but that's just me. I hope I'm wrong and the do well. I have been watching your progress in hope that you may have some prints to share soon so I really would rather succeed than not. It's hard to tell from the size though, but it looks as those pins are pigmented. The Blue Magnolia I know is a leucistic hybrid with red spores and is a highly strain only shared with other instructed not to share it. I was wondering how you got that strain to begin with if it was a true "Blue Mag." Anyway....Blah Blah, Pins shouldn't have secondary metabolites excreting from the caps.

i will pluck if i see no growth tomorrow or next few days. Should i dunk again for like 8-12 hours? and oh! i got them from “ doc.dank.seeds. on instagram. he’s a vet and grows and test many strains outdoors and montube and i seem reviews to see ifs legit and yeah! he only had 3 strains blue mag, Burma, mazepetec. He also added Blue Rust Mag and Albino GT, and Albino PE. he sells hemp seeds and syringes thru he’s website. Very good info and he responds very well
he test he’s syringes and stuff on grains and stuff before ever sending out and has his own lab just re built! and do you think all them are aborts or just the ones that stall or look off. Lmk and how to prevent it maybe and i got you and anyone else on prints my g if i can fruit em right!

Edited by stonnerkidd, 11 November 2019 - 11:54 PM.

#9 FunG

FunG

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 342 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:55 AM

Stonnerkidd they may not have been aborts....
You just got pins a few days ago, I've had pins form and stay small for a month before maturing overnight (wonkiest genetic trait I'd seen to date)

But yea man, just leave them. If they're aborts then pick them once you take the 1st flush down, that's when I do all mine....my favorite thing is aborts, they're more potent per a gram dry. 1.2g of aborts has me twisted, almost beyond the realms of reality.

Just let it all flush out, give it more time.

#10 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,799 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2019 - 11:09 AM

At the bottom of this post are a couple links on wet bubble and dry bubble:

https://mycotopia.ne...s/#entry1348878

• dial8 likes this

#11 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:15 PM

yeah i only took one abort off the one that was blackest and it hasn’t grown in a day or two. but the other clusters and other pins are growing steady and show signs of life but damn i didn’t know! i know they could just be taking a minute and their on own time to grow maybe. yeah it’s soooooo hard to take a chopstick and pick off the pin. felt like open heart surgery god dammit ahha. but i only took one off but i’m not sure if it was a good idea bucause it might focus energy on healing instead of the pins but damn well see... live and we learn . hope everyone is having a great day and smokin on some good weed or wax! * this is my second strain and second time growing but damn this strain blue mag is yeilding waaaay better. so many pins i love it. heart eyes. compared to my burma i only got 1-2 pins a flush... is that just random and i got unlucky and maybe next time burma will give a lot more? a decent amount or should i just order more blue mag and grow these cause this is what i’m looking for.

Edited by stonnerkidd, 12 November 2019 - 07:25 PM.

#12 FunG

FunG

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 342 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 07:30 PM

Burma is a very prolific fruiter straight from ms (I use to grow them), I've never heard of blue mag.

#13 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 09:11 PM

Burma is a very prolific fruiter straight from ms (I use to grow them), I've never heard of blue mag.

what you think boss? and ima try and order those albino white GT! they also seem to have the white stuff on the caps like mind do? so i’m guessing that’s normal maybe for these???...

Attached Thumbnails

• 6430C0A4-7D16-4DF9-A3A5-770B513346FF.png
  • C6C908C8-CFBA-4DA7-A3EF-B4F29DE227A2.png
  • 5DB49661-7332-4D70-BB9D-4B9755C3A65E.png
  • 7B7F5112-BD54-4E8F-9A8C-ACD3E55C8AC6.png

Edited by stonnerkidd, 12 November 2019 - 09:14 PM.

#14 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 202 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 12:36 PM

little update

Attached Thumbnails

• 76B4FCD9-752D-4BC7-A37F-154F9A5C8EBB.jpeg
  • F31B8817-87BD-479C-978D-220CF2118957.jpeg
  • DFC6B0AD-15B3-4F36-A9DF-E551045213B4.jpeg
  • 18106D21-2F4D-46EC-922F-718AB465090C.jpeg

#15 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,799 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 12:46 PM

little update

These look very sick, I'd ditch them and clean everything.

#16 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 202 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 12:53 PM

little update

These look very sick, I'd ditch them and clean everything.
yeah i didn’t clean my little station right there. You think i can fruit these though deformed and next flush clean my station and get better results ? they are doing what they say on the page turning cinnamon reddish brown to golden brown, to light yellow. i think

Edited by stonnerkidd, 13 November 2019 - 12:57 PM.

#17 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,690 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 02:26 PM

If the cake had brown crust I would have mistaken those for shiitake pins. If those are infected with Wet bubble (mycogone) it may be difficult to get you area clean again. CattyMcBats has some stories and threads about how long it took him to get from from it.

• dial8 likes this

#18 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 202 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 02:35 PM

If the cake had brown crust I would have mistaken those for shiitake pins. If those are infected with Wet bubble (mycogone) it may be difficult to get you area clean again. CattyMcBats has some stories and threads about how long it took him to get from from it.

will they produce still and give me another flush and edible? or will they stay pins and not mature? thanks for the good eye my triple og double og , Og. And ok so i think i should just keep them and let grow and once i pick them and remove them to clean my station and cover it with anchol and salt??? doesn’t sound too good.. let me know what i should do

Edited by stonnerkidd, 13 November 2019 - 02:42 PM.

• Nicked likes this

#19 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,690 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2019 - 02:40 PM

Lol
They may grow out of the infection the second flush so it’s hardly noticeable. They could get worse. If that’s the route you chose I wouldn’t reuse any of your containers or anything. Definitely don’t try and make prints.
  • stonnerkidd likes this

#20 stonnerkidd

stonnerkidd

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 202 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 02:49 PM

Got you got you. Yeah i wanna order some new syringes anyways i only have like 1-2 cc of blue mag left and my needles are all busted and clogged with material of the brf cake. Had fun my first grow but now it’s time to it all to the next level next round ago. New syringe, new tub, rye grain next, new station, and i kinda know what i’m doing now so it’s really exciting rn

Edited by stonnerkidd, 13 November 2019 - 02:49 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!